What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What can you do?

What can you do?

• I am already a NORML member

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • I am a member of a different leglization organization

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I will join the fight as soon as possible

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • I like weed illegal it's how I make my living

Votes: 21 16.7%

• Total voters

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I'm sorry but this poll lacks options. Lots of options. Where is the option for I got busted for weed. I fought my case for weed. I have contacted numerous politicians including the last 3 presidents. I've submitted an ordinance to me city on how to appropriately implement prop 215, I've raised awareness and encouraged people to boycott faux legalization attempts.

Why should someone join NORML to do something?

I find it ironic that when NORML held their annual convention in San Francisco last year that the recipient of their lifetime achievement award in 08 didn't attend the convention when it was hosted in his hometown. Instead he spend time with me discussing how NORML actually blew legalization back when Carter was president. All because they had to share a line of coke with the drug czar and post pictures to the media when the drug czar was in favor of legalization. The person that told me this story was at that very party. So when it comes to NORML I will not support their main organization. Now affiliated chapters are a different story.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i already give away 75% of what i grow,thats right give away,for free,well not free, they are my friends,thats priceless!!!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I came across this site today, I'm not sure,but this seems like the right thread for this info. This online library covers legal history of Marijuana. Medical research, and a slue of other information. if this is the wrong site please advise.
www.druglibrary.org/shaffer/

Last edited:

ds0110

"I have spent $xxxx on magazines, glass, papers, and other paraphernalia related to the mmj industry."

"I am personally responsible for the addition and recirculation of $xxxxx amount of dollars to the industry, while giving xxx amount of people easy access to this"

"...xxx lbs over the course of xx years in a zero tolerance zone"

"I have marched in rallys on the state capitol"

"I have spent xxxxx amount of hours as a pow in this drug war"

its impossible to cover all the options...

David762

TO: Pactivist
One thing to consider is that cannabis is illegal. (I know, pretty obvious.) The point is that if you become an activist in favor of re-legalizing cannabis, you pretty much have to have "balls of steel" if you're a toker. The spotlight is on you as an activist, and there is a good chance that LEO will make an example of you -- case in point being Marc Emery. OTOH, if you don't toke, you can "make waves" with your Congressional representatives without any direct fear of official reprisal. But other bad things can mysteriously just "happen" to you once your name is out there as an activist -- lose a security clearance, get passed over for promotion, be on the top of your company's RIF list, IRS audit, etcetera. It would appear that the entire weight of the government is aligned against repeal of Prohibition 2.0, and anyone who becomes active in the cause. That, my friend, is the nature and reality of a fascistic police state, which the USA resembles more and more every day.

Please note that I am not trying to make the case against becoming a cannabis activist, only that prison and a permanent shadow of depravation could hang over one for being caught with a mere roach. And the LEOs have been known to plant evidence, besides. That does provide a serious disincentive to become personally involved in the cause, so I do understand the reluctance of many.

Just my $00.02 worth

T

the_coota

ur fucking scared david, its a state of mind.

put ur gladitoral dress on and come to the war, i have a responsibility to mine and ur children and this earth. come and fight, give ur life purpose instead of consuming.

we were not meant to live like this, segregated, dumbeddown and mal-nourished, we come from family tribes who stuck together. What is happening goes against thousnads of years of evolution

i feel like setting to myself on fire in the street.

ppl it dont just begin and end with MJ, there is SO MUCH rotten in this world.

Why is MJ illegal, anybody know or just too busy showing off ur pretty flowers u paid for.

can anybody grasp the concept? we are more then them

yet we stand by while they bust in smash our things, rifle thru our life, walk all over our worldly possesions, send u to court, sully our names, bust up our children, wreck ur families jail us and take our lives, an wot for? wot? huh?

something is wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG

get ur consumer head out of the tv, rich ppl control the tv, get in touch with wot is happening
TV is only a vehicle to extract money, believe that.
TV just says blah ah blah blah

even if u prove ur case, wholly and scientifcally a judge still cant think for themselve, they will punish. wtf?
heloo cuckoo cuckoo, any see something wrong with the above statement, im highschool educated and i can.

why dont we care for one another anymore? they dont care or they wouldnt give us ciggarettes or or those funy long names in our food stuffs and our hygiene products. cancer causing things, google it,. but bcos is listed down, it indemnefies,

LISTEN! they RELY on ur igorance, u think just cos 'its the way it is' that its good for u.
u think that jus cos its in suprmarket shelf its ok?

wake up.
look after ur family bcos noone else is
please ppl, learn to question, find out for urself, dont just accept things for wot they are, find out for urself.

we are meant to farm locally, the earth cannot sustain a big few trying to supply all.
so many are too fat lazy and dumb now to know how to survive, how to grow ur own food, this is how things were done only 1,2 and 3 generations ago. hows it going to be wen were gone?

the future is being re-written. and wen were gone and theres no one left to carry the torch for MJ, only ignorant consumer pigs who do wot their told. wot then?
and we just stand idly by and let them. eew aww eee aww

such countries who have let big business run rampant are now rotting at the core, accepting consumerism with open arms, degrading health and loss of morals and traditional values which got us this far, wot now?
why are we taught to hate certain faiths? bcos they refuse to be a cog in the consumerisim machine, they prefer to still live simply and care for one another? seems like an awful loss of market share.
Power shifts are occouring right now, take note and assist in steering ur country in the right direction, to stay in a stable and safe position.
because plainly the ppl who are steering the ships atm DO NOT have our best interests in mind

the reality?
put some more plastic in ur tits while ur true brother of the earth rots and languishes in jail. Why dont u care for ur brother?
He is there for nothing, hello?? cuckoo cuckoo

we all come from the earth and we'll ALL go back to it, thats the ONLY thing u can count on, its wot we do while were here that matters.

wots the worst they can do? torture? KILL? beats dying of cancer any day. i urge ppl to become active and equip urself with knowledge. they cant beat us if we stick together, theres simply not enough room in all the jails, how could they contain us even.

our elders (elderly) were once wise and respected, now there just nuisances in the way who should hurry up and die. another market segment, create a problem and sell a solution.
get back to basics, money is just a carrot, mortgage stress and the like are just PERCIEVED stresses, they arent really real!! it just keeps u working, keeps u spending, gouging for oil,.
take 5 minutes and contemplate.
Dont feel its too hard and u cant do it, you have many bros and sis's only a pm away.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
What would happen if those 18 to 20 million Cannabis smokers all grew Cannabis?
Well, there would be plenty of weed for everyone, prices would drop dramatically, the number of new exciting strains, crosses and elite plants would multiply, organized crime would take a serious hit, the law enforcement would be completely overrun, the penal system would brake down, and whatever administration in place would be FORCED to reconcider their position on Cannabis, not because of the media, public opinion or scientific facts (which they do not care about anyway), but to maintain the impression that they control the situation.

Overgrow your government.

wow.... you are way ahead of your times my man posting this in 08. But this is the fundamentals right here... Thank you.

crazybear

I don't know how to go about legalizing marijuana, wish I did .
It's easy to say to call your congressman & push for legalization, unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets attention and who wants that kind of attention from law enforcement. Paying into normal or another such organization is going to be about the best way to bring about change.
Some doctors and medical associations are finally realizing that their is a medical use for marijuana, it's way over due. Maybe some day soon I can only hope and grow my own , knowing that any day could be my last!!!:plant grow:

NorthernWiNORML

In just a short time, we created a regional chapter of NORML that soon became a very productive, organized and fun organization to work with. We have done so many creative, exciting and important things and plan to continue to grow!

Visit our the Northern Wisconsin NORML Website and also the YouTube Channel for the chapter and ask for help if you are thinking about creating a chapter of NORML, we would be glad to land a hand.

Daggarep1

Hey people well I'm gonna meantion a few things we all knew about cannabis, and hopefully a few things you did not know :) From now I will use the word "dagga" instead of marijuana or cannabis, this is the word we use in South Africa

Most people who do not use dagga do not know anything about it.They think that it is bad because the government says it is bad.

Police who arrest dagga users & growers could be using their time to fight real crime.Keeping dagga illegal is a waist of taxpayer's money.It is much easier to arrest people for growing and smoking Dagga than it is to find a murderer.

Many places that sell Dagga also sell hard drugs like heroin or tik.These are the people that get their customers addicted to hard drugs. Dagga users are forced to be part of the criminal undergroung.

The public lose respect for police when they harass people by searching their homes &cars for Dagga.

The law against Dagga is a law where the punishment is far worse than the "crime".

If you are arrested for dagga, who have you harmed? It is a crime without a victim. How can you be guilty if there is no victim? The law against dagga is the only law in SA where you are guilty until proven innocent.

Illegal Dagga puts lots of money from growing and selling dagga into the hands of crimenal gangs.

Some people grow & sell Dagga just to put food on the table. These people are called crimimals and treated the same as violent gangs.

Prohibition of Dagga in South Africa is unconstitutional, unscientific & wrong.

==============So how can you help=============

Educate yourself, know the facts, spread the word.

Sign the online petition. We can only change the law if we have enough public support

If you are arrested on dagga charge, know that you have rights. Stand up for these rights by following the instructions in "A puffer's guide" , available on the www.daggacouple.co.za website.

Like us on Facebook, follow the dagga couple website.

Do not be scared to support the dagga couple.All Dagga users need to stand together with one voice.

Donate what ever you can afford. We need to pay for all aspects of the campaign as well as legal fees.

Watch the short documentary on Youtube, "dagga: The truth.

Apply to become a dagga couple representative in your area. Details on the www.daggacouple.co.za website.

Share your skills : let us know what you are good at and we will find a way for you to help.

Support the first ever legal challenge for the re-legalisation of dagga in South Africa.

Based on the human rights as reflected in the bill of rights, enshrined in the SA constitution.

https://www.daggacouple.co.za/the-petition/

I don't know how to go about legalizing marijuana, wish I did .
It's easy to say to call your congressman & push for legalization, unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets attention and who wants that kind of attention from law enforcement. Paying into normal or another such organization is going to be about the best way to bring about change.
Some doctors and medical associations are finally realizing that their is a medical use for marijuana, it's way over due. Maybe some day soon I can only hope and grow my own , knowing that any day could be my last!!!:plant grow:

These politicians and others in government are too money hungry to care about marijuana being legal. Besides a lot of people are making dough from marijuana being illegal and will try and keep it that way.

catbuds

I just had to bump up this thread! It should never have died in the first place!
- I've been on this bandwagon since 1971 or 72, & I'm not backing down. I'm a member of both NORML & MPP. I've done some pretty outrageous things in my fight for legalization.... & I do mean OUTRAGEOUS! I've been right up in our sheriffs face, I asked him how did he plan to handle pot plant thieft once legalization was in place... his response? Ignore it! He would neither seek to prosecute the thieft nor investigate it! Not on his priority list. I've asked most of our deputies & quite a few state police, 'who would you rather have to deal with, a drunk, a meth head (term was crank freak back then), or a pot head?' They all said they'd rather deal with a peaceful pot head, it put THEM in danger to deal with the other two. Most said they didn't see the point in pot being illegal, but it was their job to enforce the law. The part that did, however, bother most of them was the violence involved with the drug cartels that bring it into the country. My next question was, then why go after the growers since they take it out of the hands of the cartels? Again, their job to enforce the law. Most of them know who I am & what I do, & I don't try to hide it. The state & district attorney's know who I am & what I do. I once made the states attorney cry & put her head down on the table while the judge glared at her like he wanted to slap her silly. This was after I told my lawyer to shut up, I'd speak for myself. In 1984, I had about 3 ozs of seeds. I was so pissed when a friend was busted for growing, I played Johnny Appleseed. I used a straw as a pea shooter & shot them into areas hard to get to, but with high visibility... like steep banks seperated from the road by creeks or drainage ditches. I planted the whole county! (Shooting them out of straws with enough force to insure they made soil contact). At least 50% of them grew! Kept the drug task force busy removing them from public view, everybody got to harvest their hidden gardens!
- When I was busted for paraphernalia (by a new, young deputy), I went to see the district attorney. I asked him, you don't want to prosecute me, do you? He said no, laughed & dropped my charges on the spot. I don't let them (or anyone) intimidate me. I have a big mouth & big balls & I know how to use them. Paranoia keeps weed illegal. The general population is afraid to stand up to them. Most people think courts won't be as hard on them if they're meek & mild. But you have to remember they are predators who feed on the weaker species! I've releated my experiences to show that standing up for your rights is they only way you'll get to keep them! True, you have to pick & choose your battles. But in many cases, speaking up for yourself wins the battle. DONT BE AFRAID TO BE AN ACTIVIST! I never got loud or disrespectful, just firm & stood my ground.... & yeah, I've got some pretty big balls for a woman!
- BE AN ACTIVIST!!!! SPEAK OUT FOR FOR US ALL! Come on guys! Lets do Thomas Jefferson proud!

lumberjack.mr

Actually; I am a terminal renal failure patient in north texas, and I do a great deal toward activism. I fill my fb page every day with links to different headlines from across the country, NORML, California cannabis coalition ,MMP, and numerous other web pages, so that everyone I know will have some positive news about cannabis law reform - at some point in their day.., I have also gone down to the local screen printing shop and had 200 Poly-something bracelets made that simply say "LEGALIZE"(w/cannabis leaf on sides)- I would have had more made but no $.., I have made banners and sat in front of the courthouse attesting to the validity of MMJ, Id say overall I could do more, but continuing to life is a priority as well.. I have been threatened with arrest on many occasions and have always stood my ground - hoping the county would put me in jail so I could file suit / or they could take over the over $78,000.per. month in medical expenses! I would not bail out or allow myself to be! Let them pay the full price of $1,710. per day for my dialysis machine to just be in my home, not just what the insurance companies or social security disability agree to pay- leaving the rest on me- and I must dialyze 10 hours every day !. Id say I do A LOT ! Check me on g-mail.. you'll agree im sure.
That said , Thank you for the very informative post/thread. I was fascinated by the lack of activist vs. the # of users ! Sad, but very interesting...

Ftscustm

Arrest crystallises ones thinking!

Arrest crystallises ones thinking!

Having skulked in the shadows of this site for too long,I arrived at I.C mag in the form of a teenager who had had his playstation removed, stomping around and shooting my mouth off.Rightly so,those who knew better warned me of the dangers of standing out and being so visable. Did I listen: Hell no, I am a bloody minded s.o.a.b at the best of times and on the subject of cannabis,my personal saviour - I was always prepared to be a sacrificial lamb. Having moved blind and landed in the middle of organised crime, I spent my days and nights filming and reviewing CCTV evidence to feed the police. In my heart, this action went against all I had stood for my whole adult life: The criminal justice bill and the outrageous war on drugs were enough to turn me away from the police but this organised crime included the use of illegal immigrant children as slaves, running chemicals and cannabis around the neighbourhood. Far worse crimes involving children also reared their ugly head,leaving me sickened and desperate to help. For four months,I supplied the police at all levels with information, making sure as to tell the organised criminals through the use of 10ft x 3ft banners attached to my house that I was doing so.Some very unpleasant characters seeped out of the woodwork and scared the police,they in turn contacted the mental health quacks and used my Bi-Polar disorder to incarcerate me in a mental hospital because I refused to be afraid, or to move.On admission to hospital,I smuggled four ounces of Shiva Skunk and Purple Haze in with me to continue medicating my illness: I have always wondered how I would prove the beneficial properties of cannabis to the medical community and through appalling bad luck,I was given the opportunity.I was sectioned for up to 28 days, this means should I display any anger,or be belligerent in anyway,untrained staff could lock me in a padded room and jack me so full of experimental chemicals, all I would be able to do is dribble on myself.With the use of my freezer cured crop (Cheers JPG) I was a model prisoner and required no additional chemicals and set about working towards my release.Six excruciating days passed and although I was climbing the walls of my mind,cannabis allowed me to hide this fact from all,including the very savvy other nutters.While locked down,my three bedroom house was broken into and stripped of almost everything.However,more than enough of my current grow and equipment was left behind and the police were encouraged to visit.Upon release from hospital,I collected my dog from his gaol cell at the kennels and we headed home.I arrived to find all manner of police departments,from the bomb squad to CID and more than enough other officers to make me believe that invitations had been sent out on social media.I was immediately arrested and sent to a different cell,unlike the lizard temperatures of the loony bin,this one hadn't been heated for days and I shivered through 22hours before interview. At the point of arrest, I admitted to the smuggled stash of green I had remaining and thus proved my point that cannabis does indeed aid Bi-Polar disorder,the quacks and staff had cleared me of the original misdiagnosis of mania: This however,added possession to the cultivation charges I was already facing.
My point is: it is very easy to be brave in the fight for your right to toke and grow freely when you are warm at home within the bosom of your family, still the cold, hard reality of steel around your wrists feels somewhat different. I wouldn't change my situation for the world...actually,that's bullshit but I am however prepared to ride the fall and fight for my right in a court of law. Do I suggest others do likewise, only you can decide that for yourselves! I am now in a safe house that is dirtier than any squat I have ever visited,about £60,000 worth of material possessions have been liberated,my car has been written off, the 1960's caravan I spent three years rebuilding has been burnt to the ground and my ability to grow or control Bi-Polar through the use of cannabis is impossible due to my life being under the microscope. Is this a worthy fight: yes,yes and oh yes!!! but that fight can be met in so many different ways. You must decide what works for you and of the consequences your position has on your own lives: we can not and must not all dress ourselves for gaol, being visable is HIGH risk and the repercussions are lifelong. Freedom smells as delightful as high end green on a spring morning - fight your fight and trust others have their place in the scheme of things. Change is here and tipping point near: push motherfuckers, Push but in a manner that works for your world.

angelgoob

I emailed some Congress guy, he replied back that it was a gateway drug.

I responded with NIDA's study and didn't get a response back. I WIN!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts