What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting license for a small personal med grow in VA

PassionForMJ

Just curious, but does anybody know how you apply to get a med growers license to be able to grow more than just 4 plants in VA?
Is it the same site you get the med card from?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Just curious, but does anybody know how you apply to get a med growers license to be able to grow more than just 4 plants in VA?
Is it the same site you get the med card from?

I don't know off hand or from personal knowledge how to do what you're asking but I did a google search and all I could find was information on how to do it as if you plan on being a business which I don't think that is what you're looking for. This is the kind of information that search returned:

To get a cannabis dealing, processing, or cultivation license in Virginia, you need to submit an application for a Pharmaceutical Processor license to the Board of Pharmacy. ... Once your permit is issued, you will pay a permit fee of $60,000.

I'm guessing you were thinking more in terms of growing medical marijuana for someone else with a medical need but more as a way to assist them then as a business. Or perhaps you're hoping that if you could be registered as a medical marijuana grower for yourself they might allow more then 4 plants? Nothing like either of those scenarios came up in my search though. From what I saw the laws on growing at home were for both growing for yourself either recreational or medical marijuana but that's just speculation based on what my search did turn up.

PassionForMJ

Yeah that is for business, I seen that.
I want it so I can be allowed a few more than 4 plants, maybe a 20-25 plant limit, so I can keep Moms and clones, and properly grow perpetually..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I want it so I can be allowed a few more than 4 plants, maybe a 20-25 plant limit, so I can keep Moms and clones, and properly grow perpetually..

i've seen nothing in the new laws allowing for personal medical grows to be any larger than the 4 plant limit already out there. they may be thinking that you will be buying a rooted clone of whatever you want next , and grow the 4 on a rotational basis. harvest one, plant one. repeat...

HempKat

Veteran

Yeah I figured that's what you were looking to do but from everything I found there doesn't appear to be that kind of option available. However it is possible I just wasn't using the right search terms or it may be something you won't find on the internet but can call and inquire about? Good luck.

PassionForMJ

Yeah, this law shit is so stupid, for weed that is, draconic outdated crap based on a few political things I won't rant about Nixon appointing Anslinger, a huge propagandist to spew BS and target minorities, [cough cough.. Mexicans].. Other issues as well, but that was the gist of it, they never knew how big of a profit maker it would be to put innocent Americans in jail for years for growing or smoking a harmless plant.

I will have to stay at 10 I guess, from what I read....
Still looking for official law regulations etc..

""Though there’s no limit to the size of the plant, they must be “tagged” with the grower’s name, driver’s license number and a notation that it’s being grown for personal use.

“Plants may not be visible to the public,” according to the “Clear the Smoke, Virginia” web page from the Toscano Law Group in Virginia Beach. “So, keep those plants away from your front windows!”

If you grow between five and 10 plants, you can be hit with civil penalties. Misdemeanor criminal charges begin if you have more than 10, and felony charges begin if you have 50 or more plants in your marijuana garden.
""

Will I be arrested if I have more than an ounce of marijuana?

It depends on how much you have. If you have more than an ounce of pot, it’s a civil violation — punished by not more than $25. But having more than a pound of pot — enough to make about 1,400 joints — is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

THIS BS BELOW ANGERS ME, I CANNOT HAVE A GUN IF I SMOKE< GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!

Isn’t it still a federal crime to possess and use marijuana?

Yes. Marijuana possession remains illegal under federal law, with the third pot possession offense an automatic federal felony. It’s also a federal felony — with five years of jail time — to grow marijuana plants as now allowed in Virginia.

Federal law also bars anyone who uses pot from owning a gun, with the federal background check asking applicants if they are “an unlawful user” of marijuana or other narcotics.

https://www.pilotonline.com/governme...u74-story.html

PassionForMJ

More detail here, fines mentioned..

""A slew of state legislation went into effect on July 1 in Virginia, including new laws governing cannabis possession, capital punishment, public carrying of weapons, and littering, among others. The most headline-grabbing of these is the cannabis law, which permits residents 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana (without intent to sell) and to grow up to four marijuana plants in their homes. Possession of more than an ounce but less than a pound carries a $25 penalty, and more than a pound is a felony with a 10-year sentence and a $250,000 fine.

Under the new law, adults are permitted to smoke marijuana inside private residences but not in public, and while in a moving vehicle it may only be carried in the passenger area in “the originally sealed manufacturer’s container.” However, both this restriction and the grow-your-own plants prerogative present a conundrum, as no part of the marijuana plant, including seeds or flowers, will be legal to buy or sell until January of 2024.
""

My question is, say I am going on trip to another part of VA, and I plan to get a room, if I want to smoke, how do I take my won if it says has to be in a container by manufacturer, does that mean whatever container I put it in?

HempKat

Veteran
More detail here, fines mentioned..

""A slew of state legislation went into effect on July 1 in Virginia, including new laws governing cannabis possession, capital punishment, public carrying of weapons, and littering, among others. The most headline-grabbing of these is the cannabis law, which permits residents 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana (without intent to sell) and to grow up to four marijuana plants in their homes. Possession of more than an ounce but less than a pound carries a $25 penalty, and more than a pound is a felony with a 10-year sentence and a $250,000 fine.

Under the new law, adults are permitted to smoke marijuana inside private residences but not in public, and while in a moving vehicle it may only be carried in the passenger area in “the originally sealed manufacturer’s container.” However, both this restriction and the grow-your-own plants prerogative present a conundrum, as no part of the marijuana plant, including seeds or flowers, will be legal to buy or sell until January of 2024.
""

My question is, say I am going on trip to another part of VA, and I plan to get a room, if I want to smoke, how do I take my won if it says has to be in a container by manufacturer, does that mean whatever container I put it in?

I would make the safer assumption and read that as I can't transport stuff I've grown even for personal use. In other words, if you plan on taking it on a trip just treat it like it's still illegal and put it in an air tight container and well out of sight. The way it's written it sounds like the only weed they want in a vehicle is stuff you just bought from a licensed store that you're taking home.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A joint is about a gram of sifted dope. How do they roll that many from a pound?

It is easy to get more than a pound from a 4x4 tent growing 4 plants.

Fucked up law, and not my idea of "legal".

PassionForMJ

I agree, it is all they will give us for now, they are too ignorant to the actual amount some medical and recreational smokers go through, an ounce, lol
I can smoke an ounce in a week if I try, easily...
So if I yield 3 oz from each 4 I plan to flower, so I have to give away 11 and keep 1? WTF

18B

Yeah, this law shit is so stupid, for weed that is, draconic outdated crap based on a few political things I won't rant about Nixon appointing Anslinger, a huge propagandist to spew BS and target minorities, [cough cough.. Mexicans].. Other issues as well, but that was the gist of it, they never knew how big of a profit maker it would be to put innocent Americans in jail for years for growing or smoking a harmless plant.

I will have to stay at 10 I guess, from what I read....
Still looking for official law regulations etc..

""Though there’s no limit to the size of the plant, they must be “tagged” with the grower’s name, driver’s license number and a notation that it’s being grown for personal use.

“Plants may not be visible to the public,” according to the “Clear the Smoke, Virginia” web page from the Toscano Law Group in Virginia Beach. “So, keep those plants away from your front windows!”

If you grow between five and 10 plants, you can be hit with civil penalties. Misdemeanor criminal charges begin if you have more than 10, and felony charges begin if you have 50 or more plants in your marijuana garden.
""

Will I be arrested if I have more than an ounce of marijuana?

It depends on how much you have. If you have more than an ounce of pot, it’s a civil violation — punished by not more than $25. But having more than a pound of pot — enough to make about 1,400 joints — is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

THIS BS BELOW ANGERS ME, I CANNOT HAVE A GUN IF I SMOKE< GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!

Isn’t it still a federal crime to possess and use marijuana?

Yes. Marijuana possession remains illegal under federal law, with the third pot possession offense an automatic federal felony. It’s also a federal felony — with five years of jail time — to grow marijuana plants as now allowed in Virginia.

Federal law also bars anyone who uses pot from owning a gun, with the federal background check asking applicants if they are “an unlawful user” of marijuana or other narcotics.

https://www.pilotonline.com/governme...u74-story.html
Um ..Nixon did not appoint Anslinger...JFK did.

Latest posts

Latest posts