Senate Bill announced today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post

i'm with you. stop arresting folks for possession and personal grows, and make sales of seeds/clones legal. when they realize the world didn't catch on fire & burn down after legalization, it will get more liberal. i'd buy a permit to home-grow like the hemp farmers do. here, it is $250 yearly to grow up to 5 acres. 5 FUCKING ACRES! i could live with that. a man could make hand-rubbed hashish the old-fashioned way with that big a patch. i know, however, that it won't be that liberal in the beginning, maybe not ever...dammit!
    I cannot recall all of the specifics, but I believe it’s currently possible in Oklahoma. The license will cost $2500, but I don’t believe they have plant count limitations.

Edit:PS. Oklahoma only has medical, but the bud doctor can cite any reason they choose.
    I would pick Reggaemylitis.

Comment

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post

i'm with you. stop arresting folks for possession and personal grows, and make sales of seeds/clones legal. when they realize the world didn't catch on fire & burn down after legalization, it will get more liberal. i'd buy a permit to home-grow like the hemp farmers do. here, it is $250 yearly to grow up to 5 acres. 5 FUCKING ACRES! i could live with that. a man could make hand-rubbed hashish the old-fashioned way with that big a patch. i know, however, that it won't be that liberal in the beginning, maybe not ever...dammit!
      Yeah well that would be way more then someone only growing for their own personal consumption would need and that's what I'm talking about. I get that there are those among us in this comminity that have elevated cultivation of cannabis to a very high level (no pun intended) that might want to cash in on those acquired skills and I don't fault them for wanting to do that but seeing how things have been going in the states that have legalized those people will mostly be squeezed out anyway while limited licensing is handed out to elite wealthy investors and even then many of those people will get squeezed out later on by big corporations. So in light of all that I'm not even thinking of monetizing this hobby but rather just being as free to pursue it as I am to pursue a vegetable garden or home brewing.

I just want to be able to grow without having to spend extra money to hide that I'm growing so I don't have to worry about my neighbors calling the cops on my because they got a whiff of my latest crop. Or worrying about someone recognizing my plants if I choose to grow outdoors or the power company reporting suspicious usage of energy for a home of my size.

Now to be clear I have nothing against people turning their hobby and experience into a profitable business it's just that it has nothing to do with my needs. Plus if they are successful they become just one more entity with a vested interest in keeping me from growing so I can become one of their customers. The way I see it, there will always be plenty of people who for one reason or another are perfectly happy to be someone else's customer but please allow those of us willing to take care of our own needs to do just that. For that I don't even need 1/4th of an acre let alone 5 so I would prefer to not have to pay for a license just to grow my own weed.
      Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse!

Deep Stoner Thoughts

Comment

"i would prefer to not have to pay for a license just to grow my own weed." i agree. VA is not (from what i have read) going to require a permit to grow their 4 plants per household. the number should be higher, i think everyone would agree. what if it is a couple, he likes sativa, she likes indica. why not 4 for each of them? i guess you could have one of each flowering, and one of each in veg...but what if one of them died, or was eaten by deer? "tough shit" seems to be the states attitude "go buy some." (and don't forget our taxes) TNs $250 covers 5 acres for hemp, no plant count. a $50 stamp should cover 2 or 3 dozen plants easy...which is way the hell more than i could smoke per year, lol.
        smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Oh my god becky... Sniffle n snizzle, wipes snotty knose, tears of a todler boo hoo hoo they will tax it....Lmfao how do you think the first state went medical, damn sure was not drum circles around a camp fire hahaha....

I can tell nobody has read the proposal...I mean, why is it me who is saying the first 10 lbs are not jail prosacustions for cultivating,manufacturing or selling...

Those of us that are still in a illegal state today are preying sweet baby jesus give this bill to us..

For those under 15 years as a grower,you best step that game up or be left behind...Big or small you best have quality...

Comment

"Render unto Caesar...."

What I do with the Holy Fruits of the soil is between me and The Great Spirit. No one else.

Comment

It’s always just another attempt to make it look like they’re doing something productive. There’s always something undesirable that gets back-pocketed in the bill to screw small growers/consumers.

Comment

It is a interesting document to read...Expungement, social equity grants, overall its not as loqded as anyone would think.....the tax rate stays low and then climbs over 4 years so that side of a start up business is enveloped in the bill..... Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	17904703
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X