Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical part I : Four trees, five lights !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddi, Dankwolf, exploziv, blazeoneup LouDog420, star crash and gizmo666 thanks for joining, put your feet up, relax and I hope you'll enjoy the show!

eyesdownchronic thank you and hahah yeah started growing indoors almost a decade ago, read a lot for about 6 months before even popping a seed.
    One thing I often saw was "you should have a couple runs under your belt before attempting hydro"
    My head was telling me "pfff sounds like a challenge, how hard can it be anyway, here hold my beer".
    First run went really well - to my surprise. I met root rot on my second run, didn't lose a plant but my head was spinning to say the least... never seen it since and never looked back

DHF thanks for stopping by.

As far as rdwc goes, only had problems with it once. I had 2 experienced grower friends try it, came back a month later and called rdwc a piece of shit lol, I like it but there is room for improvements... (And I use uniseals)

Well, I didn't think corner vs wall would make that much of a difference but years of experience don't lie, I'll draw both on paper maybe I just don't see it right now.

If I rotate it, it'll be during next res change in a week

And about the strains... I think low humidity crapped my stretch a bit, I'm working on that... I still have access to most cuts, but wanted to do without, pop many beans and find that special girl myself.
    For now the strains are unfortunately not perfect for this setup...

The genetics part will all make sense in part3
    (Real goal)

redlaser yes, exactly hahahah

Until next time
    -¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-¬-

Vertical trees
    Baker's dozen

Yeah, broke people are assholes and rich people are full of shit.
    All an asshole wants, is to be full of shit.
    -Falardeau

Comment

Proper room Mr Baker. Ima watch

Comment

There`s no reason to swap mid stroke Bro , they look healthy and trust me......them bitches be heavy and even if yas can slide em it`s a huge PITA......now.....light/plant placement.......

With the setup in diamond shape , you`ve got 1 plant in the middle of each wall getting blasted by 3 lights at all times , as to where your way has 2 plants on each side of the room getting hit by 4 lights all the time......at least that`s how it was explained to my old ass many yrs ago....also......

Your room`s larger than the standard 10 x 10 setup used with 50 watts per sq ft with lights hung right above the plants to encourage stretch till they`re in full swellage , then dropped down amongst the plants with the socket near the tops.....anyways.....just tryin ta help.....nuthin written in stone , just how all us old heads did it back in the day.....take care and good luck....

Peace.....DHF...........
        Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

Nice set up amigo. I ran this style for a while. Cant wait to see how it goes for ya, those plants look happy and healthy. How are you planning to trellis/train them? I used fencing pinned to the ceiling and tied branches up to it with twist ite.

Comment

haha

Of course its not equidistant but it gives a general idea

Originally posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
            How are you planning to trellis/train them?
            I drilled carabiners on the ceiling above each plant, and will be using mason twine to prop branches up

Vertical trees
            Baker's dozen

-Falardeau

Comment

I know it appears to be the same .....and it is.....but it`s the dead corners where all light`s lost , and those plants won`t receive proper light penetration in the backs where light can`t get to Bro.......First off.....Once you get past 30" sideways with bare bulbs , lumens /par/umols/whatever the fuck you call the lights intensity , drop off immensely , watts per sq ft fly out da window , and that effects nug density and bottom line end result product.....regardless.....

Here`s hoping your setup pumps out da dank and next run only gets better with each and every run after that......Good luck and......

Peace.....DHF............

Comment

Damn. Ok I see what you mean now... When the light is in the corner, the corner acts as a reflector

When the light is on the wall, the corner acts as a light sink if you will

thanks man

Vertical trees
                Baker's dozen

-Falardeau

Comment

Random bud shots day 27(?)

They won't hit the ceiling this round but they are beautiful nonetheless

That raspberry boogie#4 puts out the most amazing blue raspberry slush puppy syrup smell <3

Vertical trees
                  Baker's dozen

-Falardeau

Comment

Sounds delicious and looks like it's stacking up to produce some healthy nugs.
                    sigpic
                    Quality Over Quantity
                    Keep it clean, keep it green!
                    Wishlist: Urkle, Runtz, Mac1
                    If there's ever anything I can help with, feel free to pm me!

Comment

Seems they are ready to hit the ceiling.
                      MARS HYDRO STORE
                      Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
                      FC6500 journal

GMT tested TSL2000
                      Unclefishstick's Diary!
                      2xSP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Go look at LouDog`s thread in grow diaries and show some support for another bare bulb setup growin big plants.....Not many folks entertain the idea of this setup anymore with the onset of DE HID fixtures and LED`s takin over the market.......

Day 27 pics look healthy with proper stacking so here`s hopin swellage acts accordingly till end of cycle , so ....Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF...........

Comment

Hats off to you William
                          Fine looking plants

white widow and blue widow complete
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378031

Comment

Subb'd

Right into DWC@ Damn bro!! Ballsy. I can't do soil well either, but I don't think I could hang with DWC. Not yet anyway.

Looking forward to watching this progress. I do hempy vertical with CMHs, so I'm always looking to learn from the cool gardens that the Mag has to offer.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_111037.jpg Views:	8 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	17795096 Day 37 raspberry boogie
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_110044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	17795075Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_111731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	17795079Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_112424.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	17795081

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_110217.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	17795074
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by William Baker; 03-08-2021, 07:12.

Vertical trees
                              Baker's dozen

-Falardeau

Comment

Day 37 c99Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_111511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	17795551Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_111218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	17795547Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_111544.jpg Views:	9 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	17795085Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_113220.jpg Views:	8 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	17795086

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_113053.jpg Views:	9 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	17795084
                                Last edited by William Baker; 03-08-2021, 07:15.

Vertical trees
                                Baker's dozen

-Falardeau

Comment

Working...
                                X