No announcement yet.

DIY vertical LED top fed, recirculating hydro... thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, how did you do your vert? Flat single wall plane?

Lots of strains and phenos to hunt through, but should have worthy female cuts to keep things steady in between.

Comment

Looking good MM!

I run 3 rooms of double stacked 315s perpetual. All DIY since I'm cheap!

I've been growing this way for the past 5 years and I've learned a lot but I still have major knowledge gaps. Hell, I come on these boards and I feel like a noob!

I wish there were more things going on here at Club Vertical, as well. I guess all the big guns stick with horizontal. Oh well!

Comment

3 rooms? Man, I wish! I'm stuck in a couple tents, and not even big ones lol

I hear ya about feeling like a noob sometimes.

No pics lately, because if you saw my areas right now, you'd doubt I've been growing for 10 weeks, let alone 10+ years!

I do need to update though. It's just tough here, when it's such a pain to upload photos, and text disappears if you take more than like 5 minutes to type it out...
        So what strains do you like to run, Butterfly?

Comment

Ha! We're gonna have to have ghetto room pic battle! I'm such an avid DIYer and I'm super duper cheap. That lends to some pretty sketchy looking things for sure!

I'm starting to get some pics together now, but like you, I'm not too keen on how to do it properly and securely yet. Soon.

The rooms run about 5 weeks apart, at least in theory!

Room 1: 6 S1, 3 Peyote WiFi and 1 Peyote Gorilla
          Room 2: 3 Black Zombie, 3 Cheese, 2 GG4, 2 Bruce Banger and 2 Cinderella XXX
          Room 3: 5 Green Crack, 4 Peyote Gorilla and 1 Peyote WiFi

This shit keeps me busy! That's why I'm trying to shore up some of my processes and maybe get some advice to run smoother.

Comment

I just happened to take two pics this morning.It took four tries to get them to load right and I still dont know why what I normally do did not work. Plus I dont know what I did to get them right...
            I hope you dont mind me posting them up in here
            a year and a few months in this room and doing ok
            Left side

right side

Comment

Originally posted by hayday View Post
              I just happened to take two pics this morning.It took four tries to get them to load right and I still dont know why what I normally do did not work. Plus I dont know what I did to get them right...
              I hope you dont mind me posting them up in here
              a year and a few months in this room and doing ok
              Left side
              View Image

right side
              View Image
              Don't mind at all. It's always helpful to see what and how everyone else is rocking it, especially vert, as we don't get enough love.

Are those DIY LEDs? How have they performed? I love my CDMs but I'd entertain running one room LED, if for the power savings from the AC alone. I haven't looked into them at all for flower(I run a few cobs in veg) but it looks promising.

Comment

Hey Butterfly , the lights are from HLG sold as a DIY but are very simple to hook up.They are made for flat grows and supplimental but they are awsome vert lamps. Four foot of light diffused all over with side lighting everywhere.
                I'm finishing up my first run after changing back to soil, my last hydro run was 1.24 gpw. Not going to hit that this run but I'm starting to dial it in.

Comment

Well damn......Dust the cobwebs off Vert-ville......Icky had a thread goin there for awhile but he got busy in real life and well you guys know how that goes......now.....Hayday...... How many watts are those units pushin per 4' strip.....rather how many Samsung strips can be put in those 4 ft`ers.....

Can`t bring myself ta pull the trigger cuz it`s just for headies and I`m a tight old bastard , but I`m down to my last 600 watt Eye Horti from way back when I shut down yrs ago , and LED`s the wayta upgrade from what I`ve seen so......

Ya`ll take care , and hey Butterfly........Start a thread if yas have time and questions are easier to answer on top of raising your post count for private messages.....anyways...thought s to ponder....Wonder how Medicine man`s doin .....

Peace.....DHF.............
                  Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

Originally posted by hayday View Post
                    Hey Butterfly , the lights are from HLG sold as a DIY but are very simple to hook up.They are made for flat grows and supplimental but they are awsome vert lamps. Four foot of light diffused all over with side lighting everywhere.
                    I'm finishing up my first run after changing back to soil, my last hydro run was 1.24 gpw. Not going to hit that this run but I'm starting to dial it in.
                    I'll have to look into those at some point. I like to experiment, maybe a bit too much!

Those are some very good numbers. I'm lucky to hit .75/gpw which is a major reason I joined. I know I'm leaving a bunch of yield on the table, but I can't seem to figure out where.

Comment

Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
                      Well damn......Dust the cobwebs off Vert-ville......Icky had a thread goin there for awhile but he got busy in real life and well you guys know how that goes......now.....Hayday...... How many watts are those units pushin per 4' strip.....rather how many Samsung strips can be put in those 4 ft`ers.....

Can`t bring myself ta pull the trigger cuz it`s just for headies and I`m a tight old bastard , but I`m down to my last 600 watt Eye Horti from way back when I shut down yrs ago , and LED`s the wayta upgrade from what I`ve seen so......

Ya`ll take care , and hey Butterfly........Start a thread if yas have time and questions are easier to answer on top of raising your post count for private messages.....anyways...thought s to ponder....Wonder how Medicine man`s doin .....

Peace.....DHF.............
                      I started one in the growroom design sub but I didn't get any action. Should I ask in a different section?

I'd be honored to have your input. You were one of a few cats here whose wisdom has helped me get to where I am today

Comment

Yo Fred, each light is 120 watts with 220 pieces of 301b samsung. They cost about a buck and a quarter each when I got them. Thats a little high but no more hps to buy every six months to a year. I was having trouble with that.I would be stoked if you took a bit of advice from me and put that hps in a box and got some LEDs. These HLG Sabers are about the only one that fit our needs as far as production lights go.Everything is made for flat tent grows and vert growin make better use of space as we know.
                        Y'all be good

Comment

Oh wow, you guys are turning this thing into an actual thread the last couple days- so thanks!

Viva la vert-ville!!

I'm digging all the DIY vert LED fixtures you guys have going!

Feel free to take the conversations in whichever direction you feel like, as long as it's somewhat relative to our favorite hobby here.

Like I said in an early post, I've seen killer yield per light watt potential, so I'd think real hard on it Fredo!

You're the last person I'd wanna steer wrong, because you've taught me a lot over the years here.

I got about 12oz from 2 plant spaces, out of 8 possible, in a 3x3, using about 400w... If I had 8 of those in there, instead of 2, I'd have been looking at about 3Ls from the tent.... Or close to 3g/light watt...

That's not the norm, unfortunately, but I can't blame anyone but myself for that.

The equipment performs great!... Even with high heat, and low humidity...It just suffers from my lack of keeping things on schedule, more often than not.

I still need to take a tally of what made it from the last seed pops, and what's in what stage of growth, but I'm happy to report that at least my clones of OGKB 2.0 and Geisel rooted!

Thanks for stopping by and adding to the thread, everyone- keep it up!

Comment

Hell BE.....Start a thread here in Vertville......Yields increase with environment dialed first , then comes all the added tweaks that make the difference.....Don`t post much anymore but I`m around , and .....

Loudog`s got a thread in Grow Diaries he just kicked off with 4000 + watts of bare bulbs hangin growin bigger plants , and I`m sure Hayday and Aero can provide input as well to help up your game on the LED side if needed......Me ?.....I`m hangin out on my bucket learnin new shit .......Yall take care and......

Peace.....DHF.........
                            Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

I think I should set up a lil vert space. I had fun doing those donuts a few years back.
                              TLEAF JOINS IN

Comment

Working...
                              X