What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i been repairing and shoring up my homes foundation, because of a roof leak
im planning on a patch repair while i get the materials for a steel roof

im hoping i can create a few inches of overhang on my roofline because my 40's bungalow has none , and no gutters to boot

all sorts of issues happen to old homes without overhang or gutters

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Get some Pedialyte bro i dont think water is good enough. I drink it in the warmer months. Its tuff to take the time to stay hydrated doing work like that. Plus we arnt getting any younger lol.

I drink up to 3 gallons when it gets real hot. But most days I just drink about 2 gallons of water. I also pound the fruits and veggies down at the same time. Mostly the juicier ones for a extra bit of fluids.

i been repairing and shoring up my homes foundation, because of a roof leak
im planning on a patch repair while i get the materials for a steel roof

im hoping i can create a few inches of overhang on my roofline because my 40's bungalow has none , and no gutters to boot

all sorts of issues happen to old homes without overhang or gutters
I know what you mean. No overhang is cheaper in the short run but terrible in the long term. I just went and looked at a house that has 6 inch over hangs. All kinds of ventilation issues because there is not enough room for intake vents.

DunHav`nFun

As long as there`s room underneath to extend the roof pitch outward AND enough room above the windows and ceiling height , you can cut 8 x 16" vent holes every 4' sideways in the attic and just use regular cornice vents for the soffit underneath when you create said false cornice with fascia board outside to attach 6" gutters hopefully with as much room outward as possible to keep runoff from compromising the home`s foundation by not diverting water away from the house , but rather it digs ruts around said structure while allowing all said runoff to attack and undermine the foundation and or basement underneath...…

Just tryin to help guys , I saw Boyd ask about it and you said somethin bout it as well , so there`s my 2 centavos from fixin old Antebellum Deep South homes with no overhang......anyways...…

Icky …..Yo Gubner says you aint supposed ta be doin no work , or did I miss somethin......That bitch thinks Joe`s gonna ask her to be VP and got diamonds and dollars in her eyes......I`m surprised she`s still runnin shit , but looks like Dems rule the world and Joe`s gonna beat Trump cuz of the virus......regardless......Keep strokin Ickster……

Peace.....DHF...…:ying:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
She has so graciously allowed construction workers to go back to work. I just beat her by a week and a half. I work alone so I see no harm in me working so I went back to work before she said I could.

You know the saying, governed by the consent of the people? Well she didn't have my consent to prevent me from working. And she don't have the consent of the State House and Senate either. They are suing her right now because she has exceeded her legal rights. But that will be determined in the courts while I am working.

roybart

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
just checking in
u have any pics of the 2 tier run bro?

No sorry I got so busy. Putting in 12-14 hour days. Not much time left for anything else. Starting to slow a little now. A couple more weeks left but not quite as many hours each day. Still going to be long though.

Okaero

Theirs a product DCI smart vent i’ve used before, 6” up the edge of the roof you rip a 1” gap the length of the roof then install you membrane, then the dci vent which is like a thick wedge shape then the first course of shingles. So vent intake goes under the first course of shingle and in through the roof sheathing.

Clayton_Bigsby

I have a setup that is similar to yours but with more, smaller plants. When do you defoliate your plants? Right before flower or a couple of weeks after you put them on 12/12?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have a setup that is similar to yours but with more, smaller plants. When do you defoliate your plants? Right before flower or a couple of weeks after you put them on 12/12?

I dont defoliate. I prune growth tips and leave the leaves. I prune heavy when they go into flower.

If you create a imbalance between the roots and the foliage the part that you pruned will grow back to balance the plant back out. A plant will balance the amount of foliage to roots. So by pruning one you can cause the plant to grow that pruned part back.

So I use that to get the plant to grow where I want. This is the growth tips at the end of a branch. This happens when you just leave the end growth tip and remove all the growth tips below it.

This will leave your buds in the light and cause them to grow dense and large. But all this is covered in the thread.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Remembering this incase i dont have much room when i move damn man.

Whats ur gpw in that

Hard to say exactly since I started with 965 watts but went to 1210. I got 1543.8 grams. So you pick how you want to get the GPW.

That is 127.5 gpw at 1210 and 1.6 at 965. Or split it at 1088 watts and it is 142 gpw. But somewhere between 127.5 and 1.6 gpw is safe.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Great thread! Once I found it I read it all in one go. Congrats on your grow and also the way you are sharing every bit of advice in the thread.

Hard to say exactly since I started with 965 watts but went to 1210. I got 1543.8 grams. So you pick how you want to get the GPW.

That is 127.5 gpw at 1210 and 1.6 at 965. Or split it at 1088 watts and it is 142 gpw. But somewhere between 127.5 and 1.6 gpw is safe.

I'm guessing you meant 1.275 gpw @ 1210,
1.6 @ 965 or 1.42 gpw in between the two.
Since this was said to be a math thread once.. :muahaha:

HL45

Veteran
Wow bro awesome thread.

Gonna have to spend some time to read it all.

Love the tutorial at the start!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey man, super stoked to see what you come up with this time. This is one of my favorite threads for sure as well!

ButterflyEffect

I dont defoliate. I prune growth tips and leave the leaves. I prune heavy when they go into flower.

If you create a imbalance between the roots and the foliage the part that you pruned will grow back to balance the plant back out. A plant will balance the amount of foliage to roots. So by pruning one you can cause the plant to grow that pruned part back.

So I use that to get the plant to grow where I want. This is the growth tips at the end of a branch. This happens when you just leave the end growth tip and remove all the growth tips below it.

This will leave your buds in the light and cause them to grow dense and large. But all this is covered in the thread.

Hey Ichy!

I've read most of your threads and I'm partway through this one and I gotta say for the record that I drew the most inspiration from you when designing my vert rooms. Thanks for all you do for the community. You truly have a gift!

My question is about the pruning you do. I always take the small branches that aren't at least 1/4 the size of their feeder and also the growth tips close to that feeder, as well. Would I still want to remove the tips that you talk about even if said branches are tied to the screen? They'd be tied so nothing would be inhibiting anything from shading them, of course.

Thanks in advance!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Ichy!

I've read most of your threads and I'm partway through this one and I gotta say for the record that I drew the most inspiration from you when designing my vert rooms. Thanks for all you do for the community. You truly have a gift!

My question is about the pruning you do. I always take the small branches that aren't at least 1/4 the size of their feeder and also the growth tips close to that feeder, as well. Would I still want to remove the tips that you talk about even if said branches are tied to the screen? They'd be tied so nothing would be inhibiting anything from shading them, of course.

Thanks in advance!

You can leave them if they will not be crowded out latter in flower. I like to end up with several fans for each growth tip. The extra fans will feed that tip and the bud it would have feed instead will feed that tip as well. The extra feed from the removed bud will make for a bigger denser end bud.

ButterflyEffect

You can leave them if they will not be crowded out latter in flower. I like to end up with several fans for each growth tip. The extra fans will feed that tip and the bud it would have feed instead will feed that tip as well. The extra feed from the removed bud will make for a bigger denser end bud.

Thanks!

I've been aggressively working on my training and screening of late. Up until now, it's been pretty subpar. Now it's starting to come together and I'm just trying to get the finer points worked out.