What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Speaking of which, I have to get my retardedly short food garden season going too. Best wishes, brother in farms:)

DunHav`nFun

Damn Icky.....You gotcher hands full building veggie gardens up and down the road all the while being under a STAY AT HOME with no travel to OTHER homes from that crazy ass woman that banned the use of Hydroxychloroquine to SAVE PEOPLE`S LIVES because CNN or who the fuck ever publicized the idiot that drank aquarium cleaner that had hydroxychloroquine in it and then died...…ALL cuz Trump said it would help and had helped in France already , but no......Politics first.....folks lives AND livelihoods second.....that`s the Democrats way of control...…....

I feel for you Bro.....You live in a killer state that`s in a fit of turmoil the likes of most folks don`t know......anyways.....Democrats....They`d rather make everyone impoverished and po like they`ve done with black folks all these yrs so they can spend trillions on their programs to "help everyone" while controlling the populace and padding the pockets of the smart ones that rise up and get into politics as well.....aight.....nuff said...…

Sounds like she might keep shit shutdown for awhile Ickster…...this is all election yr bullshit with her Biden`s bitch on the side candidate for VP......God help us all......God help us all if the pandemic puts all the votes on the left in November.....Good luck my buddy and thanks for the thread anyways if yas don't update cuz I know what youre doin...…

Respect for takin care of family instead of waiting for handouts that cost more than they`re worth....and almost forgot......thanks for the thread and hope the plants don`t suffer too much from Dad havin to bust his ass too hard takin care of Fam and who knows else......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
just finsihed trimming my hedges - whew - they are infected w aphids and powdery mildew
i need to call my ewc guy and get a few buckets of ewc for my gardens and treating these bushes.

had to take a shower before i could check on me ladies lol

stay safe , focus on whats real in life
and ignore all the distractions

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Running out now to mail face masks to a bunch of freinds and family. My wife sews them up and puts MERV 13 filter in them. Damn near a surgical quailty mask when she is done.

Screw the stay at home order. I do what I want. I just use the correct safety proticals and I am good. I don't need to follow some political hacks agenda that has no basis in actual real world pandemic proticals. I mean I can use a row boat but good forbid it has a motor on it. Some how that is going to stop the spread of the China virus.

She is a flipping idiot who is making it worse and leading to more people getting sick.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
You got a star?! Shit man, one more than I ever have, lol!
Pretty cool you guys are making masks for people. Noice!

DunHav`nFun

Haha someone gave me a 1 star rating.
You`re a damn right wing radical or haven`t you figured that out yet Bro ?...…:moon: ……..

How`s yo veggie gardens comin Ickster…..Old man down the road put mine in this week after Good Friday as always round my parts per farmer`s almanac.....Got big maters , lil maters , hot peppers and nanner peppers for the pussies , got squish , zucchinis , pole beans , snap peas , and okra......I can buy corn , taters , and onions at the co-op cheaper than I can grow em , and what the GF don`t put up , can , or freeze for the winter gets donated to the local food bank.....

The old man that works it gets all his family needs and use of the tractor whenever he needs it , and I`ve been paying him to watch the farm and feed the animals while #1 son`s in Afghanistan and I`m at the beach under quarantine with everything shut down , and ....Yeah.....You prolly pissed in 1 of the lefties cornflakes in the political threads for that 1 star rating , cuz you know you a 5 star with all us gun totin redneck yankee and southern conservatives that support free enterprise and a capitalist society.....

Especially dope growin ones.....A friend with weed is a friend indeed....:biggrin: …...You got my respect old man.....anybody in his mid 50`s still climbing ladders and roofing houses , helping folks and takin care of fam is aces in my book.....

Take care Ick and keep strokin……You da man.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …….

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

Haha some one got all butt hurt.

You got a star?! Shit man, one more than I ever have, lol!
Pretty cool you guys are making masks for people. Noice!

My wife can't work because a medicine she takes compromises her immune system. And since she works in a pharmacy she would be wide open. So instead she is making masks for people. I go pick up the stuff for her. She has made well over 100 now.

She gave a bunch to the postal delivery lady who spread it around at the post office for the delivery people. She has given a bunch to a couple pharmacies as well. Couiple to some nurses and bus drivers. Then our family as well. Not sure I would have given them to some but It was her. lol

You`re a damn right wing radical or haven`t you figured that out yet Bro ?...…:moon: ……..

How`s yo veggie gardens comin Ickster…..Old man down the road put mine in this week after Good Friday as always round my parts per farmer`s almanac.....Got big maters , lil maters , hot peppers and nanner peppers for the pussies , got squish , zucchinis , pole beans , snap peas , and okra......I can buy corn , taters , and onions at the co-op cheaper than I can grow em , and what the GF don`t put up , can , or freeze for the winter gets donated to the local food bank.....

The old man that works it gets all his family needs and use of the tractor whenever he needs it , and I`ve been paying him to watch the farm and feed the animals while #1 son`s in Afghanistan and I`m at the beach under quarantine with everything shut down , and ....Yeah.....You prolly pissed in 1 of the lefties cornflakes in the political threads for that 1 star rating , cuz you know you a 5 star with all us gun totin redneck yankee and southern conservatives that support free enterprise and a capitalist society.....

Especially dope growin ones.....A friend with weed is a friend indeed....:biggrin: …...You got my respect old man.....anybody in his mid 50`s still climbing ladders and roofing houses , helping folks and takin care of fam is aces in my book.....

Take care Ick and keep strokin……You da man.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …….

The garden is slow since it just snowed 2 days ago. Mostly getting it turned over and fertilized. The little plants started. Plus I was getting seeds and handing them out to a lot of people so they could get seeds. I repackaged a bunch and gave the seeds away.

It has the potential to be bad this summer if they don't start opening the country up since about half the food eaten is away from home. If the country stays closed that food goes to waste since they can't package it to sell. It takes a whole different type of packaging that is not available fully to save all that food.

Then we have the governor tell us that gardening is not essential. She is a flipping idiot. This could turn out bad for a lot of people. Right now is when you get stuff ready for the summer planting and she is stopping a lot of people from doing that.

But luckily I knew in advance she was going to close things and bought a couple hundred dollars worth of seed and have been getting that out to people.

Nice of you to donate that food. I received a bunch of food like that when I was a kid. You are all right in my book.

And tell your son I said thank you for protecting my wife and kids. I know how bad it can be over there. Crap that is not on the news that will tear at your heart. Those terrorist are just disgusting what they will do to their own kids.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
feck - just lost my post
fucking hate this ancient vbullshit ic needs an update
this shit feels like 2004

icky, i rated 5 stars last week breh

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey bro - im gonna borrow some of your tech for my summer grow
hows your neighbors gardens coming? and yours?
im gonna do a vert scrog led coco , using your "leave one fan per node but strip the rest" tech,
stealing your pvc screens idea too

will you be around for advice this summer?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
hey bro - im gonna borrow some of your tech for my summer grow
hows your neighbors gardens coming? and yours?
im gonna do a vert scrog led coco , using your "leave one fan per node but strip the rest" tech,
stealing your pvc screens idea too

will you be around for advice this summer?

I will be around. I may be busy but I am sure I will still be on.

I leave the tip node and strip the rest of the nodes on the branch and leave their fans. So I end up with several fans feeding the tip node.

The gardens are at a stand still right now. Just waiting till the weather is ready which looks to be this week end. The cold crops will be going in. The frost sensitive plants will have to wait a month yet.

Clayton_Bigsby

I just read all 48 pages of this thread in one sitting and Im truly inspired by your technique. I've been out the game for a long time so I came here looking for ideas and found exactly what i was looking for. My future grow room will mimic your setup with my own little twist to it. Ill probably stack a row on top of my bottom row and veg shorter than you but definitely going with your concept.

You've already answered most of my questions in the previous 47 pages but there's still one huge part im missing info on. How exactly do you build your own LED's like you do? Is there a thread or tutorial you can refer me to? Thanks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I just read all 48 pages of this thread in one sitting and Im truly inspired by your technique. I've been out the game for a long time so I came here looking for ideas and found exactly what i was looking for. My future grow room will mimic your setup with my own little twist to it. Ill probably stack a row on top of my bottom row and veg shorter than you but definitely going with your concept.

You've already answered most of my questions in the previous 47 pages but there's still one huge part im missing info on. How exactly do you build your own LED's like you do? Is there a thread or tutorial you can refer me to? Thanks

I am not aware of any one thread on how to build LEDs. I just read a lot till I could put them together. Then I put one together. I learned a lot from that one and built another. And again I learned from that till I finally reached the light here in this thread.

But everything is out there if you read enough and watch videos on youtube. And if you read this in one go You can read enough. That is a lot of reading at once.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
updates!
updates!
updates!

hows the j.o.b. goin ichy?
I don't have time to run a bunch of pictures and updates right now. I am busy as hell. This time of year is when I am at my busiest. And that is why I try for the winter to do threads.

I just finished a roof yesterday that I started on Saturday. I would have been done sooner but was waiting for the other guys to get stuff done first. They were a little slow in their repairs.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I hear that on being busy this time of year, there aren't enough hours in the day! I still have to get the roof finished on the cabin. I hate being on roofs! I'm doing metal, so hopefully I will never have to deal with it again, lol!
I hope all is well with you and yours, take care buddy!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
When I roof I loose track of time. I usually end up with a 11-14 hour day roofing. Then end up with my muscles all locked up and stiff. Not so bad when I am working but when I stop it happens in about a half hour.

Akss

Get some Pedialyte bro i dont think water is good enough. I drink it in the warmer months. Its tuff to take the time to stay hydrated doing work like that. Plus we arnt getting any younger lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts