What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

420ish

hows the new mix working out?just harvested one i trimmed your way.numbers seem down a bit but quality looks a little better than usual.i did cut about a week earlier than normal.all milky trichs

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
hows the new mix working out?just harvested one i trimmed your way.numbers seem down a bit but quality looks a little better than usual.i did cut about a week earlier than normal.all milky trichs

Sorry I have been busy and not on recently because of the Virus. It seems to be working good. But I think it might be a touch high in the PPM numbers. The leaves are a little darker than I like so I may try to lower it slightly. It won't need much but just a little.

If I have just Maxibloom, how much of it and magnesium sulfate should I add to a gallon of RO water? Plus, the amount of calcium nitrate to a gallon too. Thanks.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
the dbl stacked is right in my wheelhouse, u helped me with my go at it a cpl years back
im down for this round especially the new ferts mix.

im considering moving into my basement , and using a lungroom
no specifics atm , but im researching my next flower run right here

updates bro?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
picture.php

have you considered what this amendment has done to your feed schedule ick?
im reading this whole thing and noones mentioned it...

is it possible your deficiencies come from your skeeterdunx food?
i get that this is organc food but i thouyght id mention it since it hasnt come up

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
View Image
have you considered what this amendment has done to your feed schedule ick?
im reading this whole thing and noones mentioned it...

is it possible your deficiencies come from your skeeterdunx food?
i get that this is organc food but i thouyght id mention it since it hasnt come up

I was getting the issues in other plants that did not have the dunks in them or the crab shell was not used either.

I have been extremely busy so I have not been running updates. That is why I don't run to many threads very often. If I don't have time to post for the whole run it leaves people hanging and I don't want that to happen.

I will answer questions though. I just don't have time to take a bunch of pictures and post as often as a thread would take at this time.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am in the process right now of getting 3 large gardens ready for people. Got to have food if the country don't open back up. So working on 3 gardens about 100 miles apart for the family. 25 miles one way from my house and 75 miles the other way.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
no pressure - im a weeks away from anything fun
can i ask , as a fellow vert grower
what are your favorite yielding
favorite strong (hi,flav,smell,look or any combos)
easiest
and most difficult strains for your full wall tech?

Im starting out wwith gg4 , and some unknowns from bugmans seed chuckin koi farm and chihuahua racing school ( an anodine cut, a gg4xcannatonic and this weird ass (twitter og x gg4)

ill start a new thread for it once i got em healthy and cuts made and would love to hear yalls favorites
DHF , Ick , Packer and the rest of yous guyses? what is your expreience?

lung rooms
i want a lung room to park my dehuey and ac unit as well as the ballast
i have 900 wats of leds 2 600 and a 1k ballast + a 8x4' badboy
i want to get up one room led vert second one gonna do (maybe) hps circlejerk, prolly
havent decided if i even wanna do hps anymore , mainly cause the heat

since i cant give you details on my plans yet,
can you tell us more about what youve learned on lung rooms , air exchange and wether you use c02 or not?

packerfan79

Veteran
easiest

Im starting out wwith gg4 , and some unknowns from bugmans seed chuckin koi farm and chihuahua racing school ( an anodine cut, a gg4xcannatonic and this weird ass (twitter og x gg4)

ill start a new thread for it once i got em healthy and cuts made and would love to hear yalls favorites

lung rooms
i want to get up one room led vert second one gonna do (maybe) hps circlejerk, prolly

can you tell us more about what youve learned on lung rooms , air exchange and wether you use c02 or not?

Hey Boyd,

I have mainly run OG's, they tend to be viney and a decent stretch. Good for vert, in my experience. Generally hybrids do best for vert. Indica leaning strains, tend to need a long veg time for vert. Hope that helps

Packerfan79

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
easiest
To me it doesn't really matter so much as long as they are not to much of one type. To much Sativa and they out grow the screen before they are done. To much indica and they take to long to get big enough to fill the screen and require to much pruning when they go into flower. I prefer something close to 50/50. And with a mid range stiffness to the stem. One that will hold up the bud but need a little bending to get it to grow towards the light.

There are so many strains I have a hard time keeping up. I just run what my cutomers like. And around here that means a good cure. That is where most people fail at around here.

lung rooms

I like my lung room to draw air in from outside. So a fan blowing out with a passive intake works best. Otherwise you end up with positive pressure and that leads to smells getting out. I find with a good airexchange I get enough CO2 in for the flower to develope.

If you can draw the air from the lung room into the grow rooms from down low. That is where the cool air is. Keep all you things that make heat up in the top of the room. You dehuie, and ballasts. I draw from the grow rooms into the lung from the top of the grow room. It doesn't take much more additionasl air movement if you change the grow rooms air 2 times a minute.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thanks ichy - hey
bruce over at utah state/apogee is hawking instruments , but hes bringiging the other 98% led truthbombs
hes explaining what you are seeing in your runs wqith leds in science - with apparently real science behind his data

this one video is like 4 master classes in one 45min sesh - whew
u should scan it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
thanks ichy - hey
bruce over at utah state/apogee is hawking instruments , but hes bringiging the other 98% led truthbombs
hes explaining what you are seeing in your runs wqith leds in science - with apparently real science behind his data

this one video is like 4 master classes in one 45min sesh - whew
u should scan it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg

I will watch it. I like his videos.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I like to run as many strains as I can, Boyd. Like these fine gentlemen have said though, you have to know the stretch of each strain/pheno. It takes a bit of dialing, but a multi-strain can be achieved, given the trial and error. Usually before I get a cycle going, (perpetual) each plant will be given no veg time and gage up from there. You will can be surprised at stretch of some, with no veg at all. Even some sativa leaners might not give the stretch you might expect. Not that you would want to go that route, but it takes way less time, and has been a good benchmark for me. The best of luck to you, man!

Icky, I hope the gardens are going well. They sure are a lot of work, but a labor of love, right? Take care bud, I'm also looking forward to another update:)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I like to run as many strains as I can, Boyd. Like these fine gentlemen have said though, you have to know the stretch of each strain/pheno. It takes a bit of dialing, but a multi-strain can be achieved, given the trial and error. Usually before I get a cycle going, (perpetual) each plant will be given no veg time and gage up from there. You will can be surprised at stretch of some, with no veg at all. Even some sativa leaners might not give the stretch you might expect. Not that you would want to go that route, but it takes way less time, and has been a good benchmark for me. The best of luck to you, man!

Icky, I hope the gardens are going well. They sure are a lot of work, but a labor of love, right? Take care bud, I'm also looking forward to another update:)
Only one garden is for me. The others are for other people like my brother who is handicaped and has a hard time getting around because of balance issues. So not for me only. More so for others.

We are going to have issues with food supply shortly here in the US. It is because before this happened around half of the food waqs eaten out side of homes here. Now that is not happening.

That food was bulk packed. The other half was bought in stores and was smaller amounts. The food processing industry can't switch over quick enough so that there will not be food shartages. Lack of packing material and machines to do that make that very likely to happen if the people are not allowed out to eat soon.

That is on top of the people not working in the food precessing plants. With out these people no food gets sent out. So there is a very good chance that we will need to grow some of our own food till things get back to normal.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Things will straighten out, buddy. Have faith, we still have our tight-knit community that will help each other out. Don't think I won't send you what you need if I have extra! No question.

Latest posts

Latest posts