What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks for the super detailed harvest report! Those nugs look great, and really dense:) it would make more sense if the quarter was 25mm, WTF?

I think it has to do with the amount of silver that use to be in the quarters. The amount dictated the size. At least that is what I believe.

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro.....How many watts did yas use during this run Ickster ?......I know you added a light above the rails that held the other lights , but my old ass can`t recall total wattage.....I dont remember you said these lights were 240 watts each ?......regardless......Top shelf work as always Bro.....

Peace....DHF...…:ying: ……

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So that is about 1.58 G/W... excellent job my bro...as per the usual...

That number is kind of a bogus number. It should be KW per grow. It is not fair to someone who vegged a shorter period to compare to me when I vegged longer.

I think judging weight is also flawed since I can really pack on the weight but have bud that is small and of lower quality. I said in the beginning I was after higher quality and a easier trim job because of bigger buds. So that is the metric I judge by.

Thanks for the compliment and glad you enjoyed the grow.

Hey Bro.....How many watts did yas use during this run Ickster ?......I know you added a light above the rails that held the other lights , but my old ass can`t recall total wattage.....I dont remember you said these lights were 240 watts each ?......regardless......Top shelf work as always Bro.....

Peace....DHF...…:ying: ……

I started the grow with 965 watts. Then at about 4 weeks I added another 245 watts to the top. So I finished with 1210 watts total.

I think it turned out OK. I had problems with the nutes and will be addressing that issue soon enough. Always room to improve.

Thanks DHF.

TheNorth

Stranger...?

Stranger...?

:tiphat: Top of the Morning, Ichabod!

It’s been about 8 years since I’ve been on ICMAG.

We’ve never met, nor spoken directly (to my knowledge). I previously worked with Maina and can be seen wearing the sons of anarchy tee shirt in some of our 2xreefer pics. I (along with maina), was also responsible for all the verticals grows prior to that.

We parted ways, but I didn’t stop growing.

I just wanted to drop a line because back in like 2010 I was just starting out and gained more knowledge from YOU and a few guys on here than anywhere else.

It’s been a wild ride!

Glad to see you’re still chugging! :headbange
Love the new vert set up and your lights.
My son is attending college to be an electrician and I can’t wait to show him the lights you built. (He’s 😴 (yeah, college🙄)

I still have one of the reefers and will be posting my new run. All organic, but I’m in the auto Game now.... first time

Hope to talk to you more!

Still trying to figure this site out again.

Happy Growing!
Cheers!💨

The North

Attachments

• 9717A790-A701-469E-80E2-803443685C57.jpg
    9717A790-A701-469E-80E2-803443685C57.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 53

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That was a while ago. When I first started growing. Have not seen Mania here in a while. To many older posters are not here. Nature of the game I guess.

Post up a thread when you can. I don't know much about auto's. I mostly run clones. Go to see some older posters back.

TheNorth

It’s unreal how long it has been.
Still the Wild West our there, though.
So many have come and gone.
The game Seems to be going underground again in a way.

Stumbling on your threads, with the likes of Bobble, the rev, Marlo, Grizz, Aeroguerilla...
🤯🤯🤯. .

Starting my next run within the month.

I’ve always been a photo guy. My son is the reason I’m getting into autos. The medicinal properties are apparently competing, so I HAVE to try a run.

I’m still keeping my photos.(they made me who I am, I can’t turn my back on em)

Still have the Sour Blue Jack (clone only) we got back 10yrs ago.
Cloned it for 10yrs and it’s still in everyone’s
top 2-3strains.

Just lost the SSSDH we got from Aero I believe...?
And the rest are in the books.😞
Sh*t happens.
I’m just glad to still be here.

I’m working with all new strains now.

Question -Where do I add images to my own threads or page...
I have a ton of my strain pics to put up..

I could add a few to this thread. A little Sour Blue Jack in the colorful one. The other is a mystery seed...

Attachments

• 504D016F-B324-4AAE-80B9-DBADC5051D6A.jpg
    504D016F-B324-4AAE-80B9-DBADC5051D6A.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 47
  • A0F14394-1495-4B8C-B49B-77B7D1DE457D.jpg
    A0F14394-1495-4B8C-B49B-77B7D1DE457D.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 52

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
is this for a shorter veg time?more efficient use of your lights?
They are vegging right now. I just up potted them from one gallon pots to 5 gallon bags. I will be flowering here in a day or so. I still have to add some lights on the bottom.

But shorter plants. People were asking if I did shorter plants. I dont so this will be a first for me like this. Well a second because I did something like this once about 8 years ago.

Will be posting more on this in the next couple days.

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro.....What flavor you runnin this time Ickster ?......I see you got em in bondage already with the mater clips , how far I wonder will they stretch for the next few weeks till swellage sets in.....Will they be more "phototropic" and grow toward the light source , or stretch vertically first and then turn toward the lights.....anyways.....

Time will tell and I`ll be over here on my bucket enjoyin the ride.....Thanks for the input Icky.....Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Bro.....What flavor you runnin this time Ickster ?......I see you got em in bondage already with the mater clips , how far I wonder will they stretch for the next few weeks till swellage sets in.....Will they be more "phototropic" and grow toward the light source , or stretch vertically first and then turn toward the lights.....anyways.....

Time will tell and I`ll be over here on my bucket enjoyin the ride.....Thanks for the input Icky.....Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

Here is what is there.

The bottom 3 are CBanana again. I wanted them so that when I run the new fert mix I can see if it helped or not. Using the same strain should give me a better Idea of what the new mix does if it is the same strain.

The top has 1 plant of Sour Dubb and 2 Pre98 Bubba Kush. They are what I had that were small enough for the top.

So I will get the new fert mix number up soon.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So tonight I mixed the new ferts up. Here is what I mixed:

811 grams Master Blend 4-18-38 with 643 grams of Magnesium Sulfate in 1 gallon of RO water.

In a second gallon of RO water I mixed 660 grams of Calcium Nitrate.

When they dissolve it should give me these numbers when 70 ml of each is mixed into 5 gallons of RO water:

N=133 PPM
P=62 PPM
K=252 PPM
Ca= 123 PPM
Mg= 61 PPM

This gives me twice the potassium as calcium and twice the calcium as magnesium. So 4 K to 2 Ca to 1 Mg.

This is what I have found to be a good ratio from what others have posted.

Now this is what the Jacks looked like that I feed during the last run.

N=131 PPM
P= 45 PPM
K=185 PPM
Ca=107 PPM
Mg=54 PPM

So the ratio here was 7 part K to 4 parts calcium to 2 part magnesium.

So you can see the old and the new mix have about the same amount of nitrogen.

But the potassium has gone up by about 35%. This is the one that had the worst deficiency look threw out the run.

The new calcium number has gone up by about 15%. I had minor issues with this one but did have some.

Looking at the magnesium number the new mix has about 13%. I also had minor issues with this one as well. This deficiency also shows up in my veg plants as well.

If I need to I can increase the calcium and the magnesium with out affecting the potassium.

So I plan on running this to see if it works better than the Jacks.

Tomorrow I am thinking of flipping the room to flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts