What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Not much going on just waiting for them to finish. So I took a few close up bud shots for you. These are all from tonight which is day 58 of flower. One bud shot from each plant. Not sure which goes to which plant though. Sorry.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sorry not much to post. I took some pictures yesterday but they did not come threw my email. So today I resent them.

So I have been trimming the last room. It has been hanging for several weeks. Around 3 weeks so far. Smoke report is that it is smooth as hell and really strong.

I took 20 ounces out and sold it to a dispensary. Don't know how they are open but they are. Buddy said who ever got that would really like it because it was smooth and strong.

I am sure they are sold out or close to it since they didn't have hardly anything in stock. Hence why I showed up with mine and they took it with out opening the bag.

I was told they will take the whole room in this thread. I gave them 24 ounces last month and it was a big hit. So now they want all of it. It doesn't hurt that no one has this anywhere near here.

So do you guys remember back when I took the picture of the 8 inch cola with 16 buds? Well here is that cola from then and also today.

Kind of a hard shot to get when holding the phone, and the snips while trying to hit the camera button. Any way you can see it filled in real nice and thick. I have this cola marked and will get a picture when it comes down so you can see it better.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Looks great, Ich! I love the before and after photos, it really puts things into perspective. Also, the discussion with DHF about the nutes was very helpful. Pinpointing where deficiencies and toxicities first arise and why has always been a real grey area for me. Info everywhere seems to be unclear at best, which is why I sometimes overlook the simpler answers and misdiagnose. I wanted to mention that too, thanks guys! :)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
here are the pictures I tried to get but didn't all come threw so I could post them

You can see in this picture the shortage of potassium and also calcium.

I wiill have to get that fixed in the next run because it is costing yield.

Here you can see the fade in the oldest fan leaves. That is a good thing because it means I am not getting to much nutes. Which goes along with the lack of potassium and calcium.

Now some bigger pictures. The next two show the random yellowing of the older fans. I pull about this many every day. So this is a continuation and on going.

You can also clearly see the calcium and potassium shortage is not just one leave here and there.

Anyway I hope you guys have a great week end. I have to go shovel about 6 inches out of the drive.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
K def in the fringes, and Ca def for the interveinal chlorosis? I'm pretty sure I locked out both of those as well with my lime disaster. They are back in the zone finally, but I'm sure it costed me a few weeks.
Yours look great though, I doubt your yields will take much of a beating at this point.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
No not at this point. It has already happened. What you say is the same thing DHF said a bit back and I agreed with him.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Have you guys read any good books on plant health? A lot I have read are kind of fuzzy or overlapping on symptoms. Having most examples written or illustrated, also compounds the problem. Having an actual photo to put the problem/solution with is way better. When you guys were discussing that, it put a name and a face to some of my problems.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you guys read any good books on plant health? A lot I have read are kind of fuzzy or overlapping on symptoms. Having most examples written or illustrated, also compounds the problem. Having an actual photo to put the problem/solution with is way better. When you guys were discussing that, it put a name and a face to some of my problems.

my name is stitch has a good book...also ed rosenthal...

there's also a web site called icmag that has a plant infirmary section:)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am starting the flush tonight. So I took this picture. It is a picture of before I removed any fan leaves.

And here is a picture of after I removed the fans.

Here are the fans I removed in total.

Why am I removing the fans? Well it is to help stop any nuts from going to the buds. It is also to help speed up the harvest next week.

But when I do this fan removal I have a couple things to keep in mind as I do it.

First is that if I do it to early I run the risk of mold developing in the bud if a piece of stem is left. This has not been a problem if I wait till the last week to remove the fans. Nothing worse than loosing a big old cola to mold.

Next is that I don't want to slow the plant down. If you take fans to fast the plant won't be able to drink as fast as it was before you removed the fans. So it must be taken slowly over the full last week. As you can see in the picture above I took about 20% of the fans.

So now we have to decide which fans to remove.

I start with any yellowing leaves. These are not helping the plant drink so no harm here.

Next I look for spots that have a cluster of buds that have dense foliage. I will pluck these to open the buds up to get more light. This way the lighter colored buds that were shaded have a chance to darken during the last week.

If I can not get about 20% of the leaves in the above methods I move to shading fans. These would be the fans closest to the light. Usually these will be on the buds tips leaning towards the light.

I will be chopping these down next Sunday.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it only takes 4 days to dry here...another couple days to cycle it through sweating and drying and a day or two to trim...so not really cured in any sense,but ready to be cured...but for the most part it will probably all be ash in 3 weeks except for whatever stash i keep...

personally i don't like bud to cure for too long,once the buds start changing color too much i generally just make bubble from them...even so the buds are pretty much in the same condition as when they went in the jars...even a year later they don't just crumble away to dust when broken up...almost all the local growers here way over dry their buds so they smoke harsh and and it's next to impossible to store them for any length of time since they start to fall apart into powder...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
it only takes 4 days to dry here...another couple days to cycle it through sweating and drying and a day or two to trim...so not really cured in any sense,but ready to be cured...but for the most part it will probably all be ash in 3 weeks except for whatever stash i keep...

personally i don't like bud to cure for too long,once the buds start changing color too much i generally just make bubble from them...even so the buds are pretty much in the same condition as when they went in the jars...even a year later they don't just crumble away to dust when broken up...almost all the local growers here way over dry their buds so they smoke harsh and and it's next to impossible to store them for any length of time since they start to fall apart into powder...

To dry sucks. Not only does it crumble but its like a brush fire that burns real quick.

The last harvest went quickly. I took 20 ounces to a dispensary at 4 in the afternoon. By 8 it was sold out. So about 3 weeks from harvest and 4 hours.

I have to make sure I hold some back for my patience. If not they know when my next harvest is to the nano second. And they will wake me up in the morning at 10. Way to early for that shit. I have to turn the phone off because they will call just before seven. And if it is off they show up then.

Like I said this room is spoken for already.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pretty much the same here...already spoken for...lots of cherry cookies this time so an easy sale...add in another rare cut in the flashbang and bob's your uncle it's all gone...still another couple weeks for the gmo to finish but i'm just gonna crowd the plants in and spread them out once the 3 gmo come out...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
pretty much the same here...already spoken for...lots of cherry cookies this time so an easy sale...add in another rare cut in the flashbang and bob's your uncle it's all gone...still another couple weeks for the gmo to finish but i'm just gonna crowd the plants in and spread them out once the 3 gmo come out...

When they seen the CBanana they had never heard of it so they were sure we will take it. Then the customers came back and wanted more. So that is how this room went. So kind of a rare cut here. Plus it is cured correctly. So many people just botch it right there and ruin there smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts