What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You know.....If HGO was still around , I`d HAVETA nominate this thread for a sticky.....Jus sayin.....There`s sticky threads in this section of FAR less importance than this 1 as far as actual vertical side lighting is concerned , so Hey Unc…...since our Vert section Mod`s MIA , ……

I nominate the Ickster`s thread for stickiness of the highest order for all the explicit and in depth detail he`s gone to in the effort to try and help folks with this style growing that optimizes yield as well as quality on each plant top to bottom .....especially since jumping from HID lighting to LED and pulling the numbers he is regardless of X amount of veg time since it`s put into the equation for production.....anyways.....

My 2 cents from all those yrs.....so....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …….

I agree, exceptional amount of detail and mind bending results! Great job, dude:)

This is one of the more informative threads and deserves a st icky for sure

Now guys my door to the room is only 3.5 feet wide and you are giving me a big head. How am I to finish the thread with a big head?

Thanks for the compliments guys.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not good enough!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Today is the 56th day of flower. So we are in 8 weeks out of 10 weeks. Like I do every week here is the first day of flower again.

If you remember back several weeks ago. Well OK over a month ago I added a top screen. So the next picture is 25% bigger than the first picture. In other words the screen in the first picture is 5 feet tall and the screen in the next picture is 6 feet tall.

That means I have 6 foot by 7 foot of canopy roughly.

hayday

Veteran
Congratulations on the Sticky,Icky. Your attention to detail goes far and beyond. I use so many of your tips and tools you are part of my garden sort of lol.

Keep on doin your thing Sir:good:

420ish

congrats on the sticky!do you still put your whole finished plants in a humidity controlled environment til you need them?i think i might have a way to make movable racks like yours customized for running my ppks and still be able to move without moving the bottom bucket that is connected to the system.just have to tilt them to lift the tailpiece out.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Congratulations on the Sticky,Icky. Your attention to detail goes far and beyond. I use so many of your tips and tools you are part of my garden sort of lol.

Keep on doin your thing Sir:good:

Thank you. I try to help here. I found the help I needed when I first started growing. It made a world of difference in my life.

congrats on the sticky!do you still put your whole finished plants in a humidity controlled environment til you need them?i think i might have a way to make movable racks like yours customized for running my ppks and still be able to move without moving the bottom bucket that is connected to the system.just have to tilt them to lift the tailpiece out.

Not the whole plant. Some times I will just cut the stem below and leave them in the flower room. I only do this when I absolutely have to.

I do leave my plants hanging waiting to be trimmed in my dry room. I just give them a rough trim and hang them. Some times I will just take the fans and hang them. Other times I hang them with the fans.

It really just depends on what kind of time I have.

Here is how I work that drying. I like to hang them in a room with 30-35% RH. They will be in here till the leaves just dry out. The bud will still be wet but dry on the surface. Then I will bring the RH up to about 50-55%.

This makes it so I don't get mold because the bud is dry on the outside. This helps prevent any floating mold from having a place to grow.

When it get so that you can break a stem I will trim them up. I will do about a ounce and jar it. I will place a caliber IV meter in the jar with it. In a few hours I will check the meter. I shoot for about 52% on the meter. It seems to be the point where I won't get mold and the bud is not to dry.

That is how I dry my bud. A few things I do to get the RH where I want it is I use a fan blowing on the wall to gently move the air around in the room. If the air is to dry I will spray some water on the floor. The fan will dry it up and raise the RH. I check a few times till it hits the RH I want.

Now if the air is to wet I will turn on a fan to draw the air out of the room. This only works if the air out side the room is dryer. If not I will use a dehue. But this can cause the room to get to hot so should be done sparingly.

To test the RH I use a gauge that hangs with the buds. It also has a temp gauge on it. I like to keep it below 75. And the cooler the better down to about 60.

420ish

currently i wet trim and hang in net racks and leave in flower room out of the lights.it does get some indirect light since there is about 1800 watts of led aimed at the walls.i set my de humidifier to 60% during dry .usually two to three days they will be around 58% rh using cheap rh/temp gauges on each level of the rack.then a day or two in totes open and closed to get them to hold around 60% as per the perfect cure thread.wish i could dry slower but my work schedule only leaves me around 3 days to get done before i have to travel.
my flower room has a mini split so my temps are usually within 3 degrees lights on or off.
i keep my temp set at 75 or 76 and during lights out in winter it drops down to 72 or 73 with no heat source except the dehumidifier.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You should try dry trimming. Much better end product. Plus you can trim it when you have time not when you are forced to because of time.

420ish

i have tried dry trimming. due to my work schedule and traveling ,it ends up too dry more often than not.
doing wet trim and using a spin pro i can get a pound done in an hour to hour and a half by myself.
i asked due to my intention to try drying the whole plant in a humidity controlled environment.currently my veg and flower rooms exchange air constantly due to only one mini split and 1 c02 gen and 1 dehumidifier.i can not run the humidity level around 70% to slow dry on the racks ever due to running perpetual.
when i build my new flower room,it will be much bigger and my old flower room will be the new veg.i will be able to run humidity around 70 in the veg and can use the old veg room for slower drying due to increased humidity level.
i will not be exchanging air between flower and veg any more.
i will probably start using my patients plant counts again due to more room.
probably only one patients plants.24 total plants should be more than enough so i dont go over numbers.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I usually wet-trim, but I'll give it a try. I should have one ready in like 3-4 days.

I like it much more than wet trimming. To me it is night and day.

i have tried dry trimming. due to my work schedule and traveling ,it ends up too dry more often than not.
doing wet trim and using a spin pro i can get a pound done in an hour to hour and a half by myself.
i asked due to my intention to try drying the whole plant in a humidity controlled environment.currently my veg and flower rooms exchange air constantly due to only one mini split and 1 c02 gen and 1 dehumidifier.i can not run the humidity level around 70% to slow dry on the racks ever due to running perpetual.
when i build my new flower room,it will be much bigger and my old flower room will be the new veg.i will be able to run humidity around 70 in the veg and can use the old veg room for slower drying due to increased humidity level.
i will not be exchanging air between flower and veg any more.
i will probably start using my patients plant counts again due to more room.
probably only one patients plants.24 total plants should be more than enough so i dont go over numbers.

That is to bad. I sometimes get to dry of air. That is why I spray the floor.