What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

Beaucephus

I just recently had biggest indoor buds i ever had on 2 sfv x chem x ecsd. I’ll try n post a pic if i ever get 50 post. Biggest harvest too.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I did a par test with a single 245 watt light. This was done at full power. The first test was at 30 inches up in the center of the light. This is just one light with no reflective walls. The first reading was 332.

The second reading I did was at 24 inches. Again in the center of the light. The reading this time was 452.

According to the above chart both these readings are good. But running it in real life this is to much. I have my best results when my plant is well rooted and does not dry out between waterings. I think dry areas may cause a issue also because of lack of water transpiration cause a lack of needed nutrients.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yesterday was day 21. Three weeks since I put these plants into flower. So here is the day one photo. This is from when they had just been trimmed back and the lights turned on.

This is from yesterday day 21 of flower.

I took a picture of a cola in the middle of the screen. I counted 16 buds on this cola. The cola is less than 8 inches long. It has two small branching colas of 4 buds and a third branching cola of three buds.

Here is the stretch from yesterday compared to the wire. The wire was placed in it's current location 4 days before this picture.

I am sure there are no more new buds. It looks to me that the plants are just focusing their growth into the development of buds at this time. And what ever is required for this bud development. And maybe a little bit of stem growth.

Hookahhead

I missed a few pages, but have to say it’s looking great. I have a few plants just finishing up outdoor (I’m near the equator), one of them is a nice bush. I had trimmed up the insides, but I was always nervous to err on the side of caution. I was rewarded with a ton of popcorn, that I wish I had the nerve to strip off then. Thanks to this thread, I now have confidence to remove those buds next time around. I don’t know if it would have ever occurred to me to leave a few fan leaves but take the bud sites. Looking forward to trying this on the ones just hitting flower.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I missed a few pages, but have to say it’s looking great. I have a few plants just finishing up outdoor (I’m near the equator), one of them is a nice bush. I had trimmed up the insides, but I was always nervous to err on the side of caution. I was rewarded with a ton of popcorn, that I wish I had the nerve to strip off then. Thanks to this thread, I now have confidence to remove those buds next time around. I don’t know if it would have ever occurred to me to leave a few fan leaves but take the bud sites. Looking forward to trying this on the ones just hitting flower.

I did the same when I first started as well. I think everyone does. But watch along and you will see what it will do in the end.

I am posting this so others can get the confidence to trim the plant correctly and have better quality.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Your wife must be slow, I could never catch my wife limping around with 1 boot on. Just 1 wife, and 3 kids so not mormon. Those broads are homely as fuck, almost like they shop at unc's local Walmart
Well the boot is used after the club. I have just been making the whole boot thing up more than it really is. I could not do it with out the club really.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
First I will start with the stretch picture. This is after 5 days of stretch. After this picture I moved the wire up to the top.

I also moved the light setup up by 5 inches. I took out these ratchet hangers.

By putting these clips in I gained that 5 inches.

While doing this I had to be careful not to hit the fan. It was a very tight fit between the lights and the fan. I ended up turning the fan off to be safe. I am sure Unc thinks I was to cautious since he rides with recalled bike parts. But I am a sissy I guess.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yesterday was day 23 of flower. I took a picture of the stretch and it was maybe a quarter inch. Here is the picture of where I set the wire to the day before yesterday.

And here is the stretch from yesterday. Not much stretch.

Looks like the stretch is just about over. So now I will be pulling buds out from behind the leaves. I will also tuck the leaves behind any bud. In addition I will gently bend some buds down and away from the screen. I do this where there are several buds clustered and I can nor pull them in front without blocking another cola.

This plant tends toward being geotrophic verses phototrophic. By this I mean it tends to grow away from gravity. Phototrophic means it grows towards the light. With phottrophic plants I dont bend them down because they will do it them selves.

Here is a picture of a cola I pulled to the front of the leaves. You can see the leaves are light colored. I pointed to them with the red arrow. The blue arrow points to one that was not behind any leaves.

Both are at the same height and should be about the same size. But the one I pulled out is only about 3/4's of the size of the one in the light. The leaves are also smaller. I still have 7 weeks to have the smaller one catch up. So over the next few days I will move things around since stretch is about over.

Boocoodinkydow

Interesting explanation of geotrophic verses phototrophic. Thanx. I was curious why my plant continued growing straight up instead of growing toward the light when I placed it in front.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Interesting explanation of geotrophic verses phototrophic. Thanx. I was curious why my plant continued growing straight up instead of growing toward the light when I placed it in front.

There is more to the definition but This is what you need here. Roots are geotrophic but they are positive were as this plant is negative so it grows away from gravity.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yesterday I took some photo's of the grow. I know shocker right?

Well I got a picture of the stretch for 2 days. It is not very much. The wire was placed in that spot 2 days ago. It looks like stretch has just about ended.

It looks like about 1 quarter inch over 2 days.

I also took a picture of the buds at the tip of two colas. If you remember I posted a picture yesterday with a cola I pulled out and a cola that had been in the light all along. I took a picture of these colas.

Here is the bud from the shaded bud. It is smaller and not as dense as the other bud. It looks to be about 5/8's of a inch in diameter.

Here is the bud from the cola tip that has been in the light all along. It is about 1 inch in diameter. It is also denser.

Last is a picture of a leaf I removed to expose some buds to more light. I could not tuck this bud so I removed it. It is one of the leaves I did not trim of when this plant went into flower. You can see some of the nute issues I had in the beginning on this leaf. So not upset that I could not save it.