Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED vertical scrog

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey Bro......I can`t see any brown spots or yellowing between leaf veins , only necrotic edge tissue and burnt tips.....jus sayin....they look over juiced to my old ass , but I been wrong before Ickster….I know it`s hard ta deny trichome production at this point in the game , but something's burnin those new leaves my buddy …..You sure the mkp`s not too strong?....I know you said you were short on p and k before , but....

    Hope you figure out your juice needs Ickster…..just remember.....when in doubt.....flush it out....with 1/2 strength nutrients that is.....then start over.....just tyinta help Bro....Don`t chastise me.... ……. you know I`m getting old.....

    Peace....DHF..... …...
    Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

    Comment


      Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
      Hey Bro......I can`t see any brown spots or yellowing between leaf veins , only necrotic edge tissue and burnt tips.....jus sayin....they look over juiced to my old ass , but I been wrong before Ickster….I know it`s hard ta deny trichome production at this point in the game , but something's burnin those new leaves my buddy …..You sure the mkp`s not too strong?....I know you said you were short on p and k before , but....

      Hope you figure out your juice needs Ickster…..just remember.....when in doubt.....flush it out....with 1/2 strength nutrients that is.....then start over.....just tyinta help Bro....Don`t chastise me.... ……. you know I`m getting old.....

      Peace....DHF..... …...
      The edges are getting burned from not enough potassium. That is why I have been adding the MKP. Yes they are a little over nuted.

      If you look at this picture you can see the the beginning of brown spots in the leaves in the three red circles. In the blue circle you can see the leaf is light colored between the veins.



      I circled some of the lighter spots between the veins in the other photo but my phone will not save the photo. I tried over ten times but it would not save the edits. So you will just have to look closely at the photo. It is easier to see when you are looking at the plant and not a photo.



      Stupid phone is pissing me off.
      sigpic

      Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




      Vertical Scrogg
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

      LED vertical scrog
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

      From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

      Comment


        When you`re right , you`re right.....see it plainly now.....and the edges burnt like that`s a phosphorous deficiency ?...….Never dealt with that before runnin GH and CalMag+......anyways.....You got this.....carry on …..and thanks for the pics and closeups.....

        Peace.....DHF..... …….
        Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

        Comment


          Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
          When you`re right , you`re right.....see it plainly now.....and the edges burnt like that`s a phosphorous deficiency ?...….Never dealt with that before runnin GH and CalMag+......anyways.....You got this.....carry on …..and thanks for the pics and closeups.....

          Peace.....DHF..... …….
          Feel free to chime in when you see that you need to. I am not perfect and fuck shit up all the time. So a second eye helps. Plus the people who read this can get a better feel for what to look for in more detail than just saying add this.
          sigpic

          Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




          Vertical Scrogg
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

          LED vertical scrog
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

          From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

          Comment


            I have noted over the years, that high feed levels will first present as K deficiency, before there is a little spotting. Perhaps never getting to over feed signs, or they mingle with the K signs too easily. With 900ppfd you need high feed though, it's actually over some maximum recommendations.

            My notes might be useless to you, with such different feeds. It would be interesting to see the run-off EC though.

            It might be excess sodium at the core of it all. It pushes out K then Ca then Mg. Adding cal-mag like stuff may increase N, pushing the K out further. While lowering it's share of the anions. I'm guessing that would be quite noticeable, following the Ca-Mg addition. I think I have seen it myself, as we are perhaps fighting the same battle. My impatience is my biggest opponent though. I'm flushing them down to a root EC of 20 right now, basic feed, to see a few days of the problem developing without me putting so much extra in, that it's no different to just increasing my basic feed.

            Leds at 50,000 lux (~800ppfd) is hard work. You are doing better than me if I'm honest. I browned a few hairs at 4 weeks. Undeniably over fed, and likely to taste off to my palette. I don't know what I was thinking..
            Last edited by f-e; 01-03-2020, 05:20.

            Comment


              Originally posted by f-e View Post
              I have noted over the years, that high feed levels will first present as K deficiency, before there is a little spotting. Perhaps never getting to over feed signs, or they mingle with the K signs too easily. With 900ppfd you need high feed though, it's actually over some maximum recommendations.

              My notes might be useless to you, with such different feeds. It would be interesting to see the run-off EC though.

              It might be excess sodium at the core of it all. It pushes out K then Ca then Mg. Adding cal-mag like stuff may increase N, pushing the K out further. While lowering it's share of the anions. I'm guessing that would be quite noticeable, following the Ca-Mg addition. I think I have seen it myself, as we are perhaps fighting the same battle. My impatience is my biggest opponent though. I'm flushing them down to a root EC of 20 right now, basic feed, to see a few days of the problem developing without me putting so much extra in, that it's no different to just increasing my basic feed.

              Leds at 50,000 lux (~800ppfd) is hard work. You are doing better than me if I'm honest. I browned a few hairs at 4 weeks. Undeniably over fed, and likely to taste off to my palette. I don't know what I was thinking..
              I don't believe it is excess nutrients pushing out the K, Ca, Mg. But I have been wrong before. And I do believe I am feeding to heavy.

              And the Cal/Mag nutrient I added has not nitrogen in it and is why I used that one. I only plan on giving it one shot of cal/mag. I am already at day 45 out of 70. Really just 68 for this strain. Since I will be flushing for a week that only gives me another 18 days to feed them. But I will have to see what happens to say for sure 100%.

              I know this feed mix is not perfect but will get me across the finish line.

              So When I went into the grow I took a few better pictures for DHF and others of the calcium deficiency. These are better pictures and show the problem better. I was just trying to show it was on the newest growth on the bud. But it didn't show up as well as it did on some of the slightly older leaves. These picture are still new leaves since they went into flower but are still like about 30-35 days old leaves.





              I know how hard it is to tell the problems with a plant with just a few leaves. Especially when using a camera that does not show the colors as well as standing next to the plant. I have the benefit of looking at hundreds of leave very quickly. So don't think I don't appreciate the comments. I understand you can not see what I do all the time. And I am always learning stuff from posters here.

              So thanks guys for the comments.
              sigpic

              Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




              Vertical Scrogg
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

              LED vertical scrog
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

              From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

              Comment


                awesome thread as are all of your threads.very informative and easy to understand.i wish i had found this thread a few days ago.i just loaded two plants in my flower room.i could have tried leaving the leaves on while thinning out.i trim and bend and twist like you but do not leave any thing on close to the main stem.i only average between 11 and 14 per plant using 200 to 320 watts per plant.i am only using my 12 plants now so 6 in veg and 6 in flower. one finishing every week or two perpetual.
                what kind of lights are you using now?drivers?temp?
                i still use my cxb 3590s and just bought a few king brite 320 watt 3 board quantum board knock offs.
                i would prefer to run 3 at 200 watts or so like my 4 cob cxb's and run more for better spread.the ones i bought are 3500k with ir and uv and far reds.
                thanks for the time and effort doing your thread!over the years i have learned alot from you and dhf.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 420ish View Post
                  awesome thread as are all of your threads.very informative and easy to understand.i wish i had found this thread a few days ago.i just loaded two plants in my flower room.i could have tried leaving the leaves on while thinning out.i trim and bend and twist like you but do not leave any thing on close to the main stem.i only average between 11 and 14 per plant using 200 to 320 watts per plant.i am only using my 12 plants now so 6 in veg and 6 in flower. one finishing every week or two perpetual.
                  what kind of lights are you using now?drivers?temp?
                  i still use my cxb 3590s and just bought a few king brite 320 watt 3 board quantum board knock offs.
                  i would prefer to run 3 at 200 watts or so like my 4 cob cxb's and run more for better spread.the ones i bought are 3500k with ir and uv and far reds.
                  thanks for the time and effort doing your thread!over the years i have learned alot from you and dhf.
                  If you followed my vert scrog thread I did what you are doing. It worked out well so should be no problem with what you are doing. 11-14 is still a good number.

                  The lights I designed and built myself. I wanted the light to be spread out more than what was available in decent LED chips. I also wanted them to be modular so I could move them around and change up the light patterns.

                  I like the smaller wattage lights to. As they get bigger you run into some times having to much light that is wasted. So I agree 200 watts is a good number for a light.

                  The lights are just Samsung 301B diodes in 3000 kelvin run on Meanwell drivers. They run around 2.55 micro moles per joule. The bigger lights run at a lower efficiency. I don't remember off hand what thought.

                  Glad you like my threads and have learned from them in the past. That is what they are for so at least I did something right. Now to just get the feed dialed in. lol
                  sigpic

                  Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                  Vertical Scrogg
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                  LED vertical scrog
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                  From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                  Comment


                    i have some of the same problems with jacks under the leds.some strains have problems under the leds and some dont.i have a critical mass that looks perfect running jacks around 1.2 ec and my only other strain at the moment is northern blue that gets the same problem as you are showing.the two i added a couple days ago are one of each and both have no problems when put in(which has not been the case with the northern blue the last 5 plants).
                    i do end up getting some yellowing leaves since my veg space is too small and i cant do the vertical light on the taller plants,only over head lighting.going to a 4 cob to 8 cob light per plant even dialed down at the beginning of flower causes that.i have retooled some of my oldest cxb lights that are driven by individual 50 watt drivers on the bigger heatsink usa heatsinks into 6 cob lights for bigger plants.

                    Comment


                      here are the two i just put in.i am nowhere near your level of thinning out and removing budsites.not doing enough stil bites me in the ass every once in a while like last week.
                      the one on the left is critical mass and the one on the right is northern blue

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 420ish View Post
                        View Image here are the two i just put in.i am nowhere near your level of thinning out and removing budsites.not doing enough stil bites me in the ass every once in a while like last week.
                        the one on the left is critical mass and the one on the right is northern blue
                        The one on the left should yield very well from what I can see.

                        Not a lot of people trim as much as I do. That is one of the reasons why I am doing thread. To show people it is OK to trim heavy in the beginning and still get good yield with better quality.

                        Looking good.
                        sigpic

                        Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                        Vertical Scrogg
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                        LED vertical scrog
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                        From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                        Comment


                          actually they both should yield well.that is the biggest northern blue i have started .i hit 14 oz on one that wasnt that big before.

                          Comment


                            Today was clean up day. I pulled the plants out and pulled dead or dying leaves off the back of the plants. I also swept up where the plant racks where.

                            Here is the first plant moved away from the wall.



                            And here are all three moved away from the wall.



                            When I moved them out I turned all but one light off so I didn't blind myself by accident.

                            After putting the plants back in place I noticed some of the colas were hanging down. I had to clip two up because they were hanging. One made it stick out to far from the others. The other dropped down and shaded other buds. In the next photo you can see one. It is in the far back near the top. I moved it up after this photo.



                            And after all that work here is what I removed from the plant and swept up.

                            sigpic

                            Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                            Vertical Scrogg
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                            LED vertical scrog
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                            From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                            Comment


                              I found this guy when I was watering. I think he was lost since he is on the grow bag. When I started watering it ran around the pot to the back away from me. Been a couple weeks since I let them go. I swept up a bunch of dead ones yesterday.

                              sigpic

                              Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                              Vertical Scrogg
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                              LED vertical scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                              From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X