What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED vertical scrog

DunHav`nFun

Tell us how you really feel Ickster…..Calvin Coolidge ?.....It`s a sad state of affairs when the idiots we`ve allowed to run our lives can spend more money on a bullshit impeachment process while approving a 1.4 trillion dollar budget to float our ass with China in the process.....

Like every sq in of Wash DC ain`t made up of behind closed door deals for the quid pro quo every single day 24/7/365 in politics-ville regardless of Democrat or Republican , but I digress.....Icky......Why can`t you turn around and put 3 plants on the opposite wall and double your yearly Harvey .......Plant constraints ?.....jus sayin.....easy peasy…..and yeah....I`m a greedy `ol bastard....I know......anyways.....on watering ?.....

6 plants in flower with whatever else in veg just waiting to get hacked and splayed to the wall B&D style with mater clips.....:biggrin: …...So easy even a Caveman can do it.....I mean......How hard is it to go downstairs and water the garden as needed.....sure.....automated feed setups rule , but if you live with your shit , then you learn howta handle feed sequences as needed …...and if you`re available to do so why not do it without all the bells and whistles....jus sayin…..

My lil headies setup I just finished down at the beach before comin home for the holidays had no timer on the lights nor automated feed , and the ChemBerry plants were some of the dankest crosses I`ve run since retirement......regardless......Keep strokin Icky and thanks for your time....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying: …...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I get it, I handwater everyday, but these plants would blow it out with feedings 3,4 or 5 times a day. $200 does it, price per feeding would be 3 cents over 5 years. I like a clean trash can outside, drag the dirty one out and clean when you get a chance. I have had dosers and they are nice but still have some upkeep.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Tell us how you really feel Ickster…..Calvin Coolidge ?.....It`s a sad state of affairs when the idiots we`ve allowed to run our lives can spend more money on a bullshit impeachment process while approving a 1.4 trillion dollar budget to float our ass with China in the process.....

Like every sq in of Wash DC ain`t made up of behind closed door deals for the quid pro quo every single day 24/7/365 in politics-ville regardless of Democrat or Republican , but I digress.....Icky......Why can`t you turn around and put 3 plants on the opposite wall and double your yearly Harvey .......Plant constraints ?.....jus sayin.....easy peasy…..and yeah....I`m a greedy `ol bastard....I know......anyways.....on watering ?.....

6 plants in flower with whatever else in veg just waiting to get hacked and splayed to the wall B&D style with mater clips.....:biggrin: …...So easy even a Caveman can do it.....I mean......How hard is it to go downstairs and water the garden as needed.....sure.....automated feed setups rule , but if you live with your shit , then you learn howta handle feed sequences as needed …...and if you`re available to do so why not do it without all the bells and whistles....jus sayin…..

My lil headies setup I just finished down at the beach before comin home for the holidays had no timer on the lights nor automated feed , and the ChemBerry plants were some of the dankest crosses I`ve run since retirement......regardless......Keep strokin Icky and thanks for your time....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying: …...

Calvin Coolidge is what a president should be. He cut taxes for everyone and the roaring 20's came about because of it. He kept government spending down and paid of the debt from WWI. He paid off a huge amount of the debt. He was for equal rights for everyone. Not equal outcome. He was for reducing regulations so that business could thrive.

I put that there because of the communist posters in the presidential thread. I doubt they even know anything about him. Best damn president we have had. Right there with the first couple presidents.

I could do the other wall with plants. And I may do that latter just don't have time right now or the plants. I am setting up another grow with some one and they need a bunch of plants for that.

I get it, I handwater everyday, but these plants would blow it out with feedings 3,4 or 5 times a day. $200 does it, price per feeding would be 3 cents over 5 years. I like a clean trash can outside, drag the dirty one out and clean when you get a chance. I have had dosers and they are nice but still have some upkeep.

One of the things I need to get around to just haven't yet. I have everything already.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Don’t let any political slant ruin the brotherhood this plant creates. We don’t have to agree on everything, just help each other with this thing!

3 things that shouldn’t be talk about in/at a bar... politics, religions and sports..

Be a sad day if your not posting... well for me.. your posts and threads are very informative and valuable

P

pongster

I dont think I will be posting to ICMAG any longer.

Don’t let any political slant ruin the brotherhood this plant creates. We don’t have to agree on everything, just help each other with this thing!

3 things that shouldn’t be talk about in/at a bar... politics, religions and sports..

Be a sad day if your not posting... well for me.. your posts and threads are very informative and valuable

fuck dem politics!
it would indeed be a sad day, i hope you can reconsider.

:smoweed:

hayday

Veteran
Stick around Icky,just keep the politics out of the game. We diddn't always have Political content, I'm glad we do now but its a potential hornets nest.
Don't go man

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Ichabod, this is a great thread and your contributions to this site are appreciated by many. I would hate to see you go.
I visit the political threads but don’t post in them.....folks cannot have a decent conversation without drama.

packerfan79

Veteran
I would hate to see you go. Sometimes I find it better to ignore the political threads. It's not like we are going to change anyone's minds.

Stick around Ichy.

Mr. J

Ya man, you are a good dude with stuff to contribute. I hear ya though, some people bring their politics into everything and it's just toxic, and what makes it worse is those people have no sense of humor and don't understand jokes. I don't know about you but I have a few dick riders who follow me everywhere trying to ruffle my ball hair. Best to ignore them and do your thing. It would be a bummer to lose you as you're one of maybe 6 people here who actually knows how to grow.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sorry guys just needed to cool down. It wasn't anything posted in the politics thread. I can handle people who don't agree with me. I get that all the time. You know what they say if you think you are always right you are the stupidest person there.

dramamine

Just want to say I'm glad you're around, Ichabod. Since the early days of the Jack's thread and before, I've always appreciated you're posts. I ditched my account when Gypsy went down and haven't posted much since, but wanted to show my appreciation to you. Thanks for being a principled hard-working dude.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So on with the grow.

I took these pictures 2 days ago. The first shows a bud directly in the front of the lights.

With the tape measure you should be able to judge its size fairly well. I took a PAR test of this bud as well and it came in at 906. Not to bad for light. Not so high I need to add CO2 but pushing close to that.

I also took a picture of another bud that is lagging behind. It is at the top of the screen and above the lights. I took this picture with a tape as well. It is not the top bud but is still the same size as the top bud of this cola. Or pretty close.

You can clearly see it is smaller than the bud in the front of the light. So I took a PAR reading here as well. It came in at 457. So a little over half the light as the center of the screen. That is not a good thing.

It had been posted earlier in the thread by I think Bucketswithsoil that I should add a light at the top. I had said after stretch was over I would look into it. Well I did last night.

I can't place two lights up there because of the fan at one end and one would run into the fan. It is because of that fan that the lights are at the height they are. You can not see it but the fan is tilted down and actually swings between the ceiling and the bar holding the lights up. So If I raised the bar it would hit the fan. A little tight in this room. It is only 5X7X8.

After mounting the light I took another reading at that same bud and it was 854. So a big jump but not quite as high as the center of the light. I also took a reading at the ends on above the lights below and not in front of the new light. The end by the fan was 550 and the other end was low 550's. I dont remember that one for sure. So the light did pretty much what I needed it to do.

The pictures don't show the fullness of the screen very well because of the leaves. The bottom of the middle is not quite as full as I wanted but the top where the light was low is the perfect amount. So that is the heaviest producing spot. So it is a good thing I added the light.

Now I placed a higher output light there. Here is the new wattage reading for all the lights combined.

So the new wattage for flower is 1206 watts. Up from the 960 that it was before adding the extra light. So this will increase my power cost $19.22 for the last 6 weeks of flower. I think it will more than pay for itself over the rest of flower.

I love how versatile these lights are. I really like the fact I can add just one or bank a bunch together. Makes things so easy to reconfigure the lights to fit the grow. I am also glad I have the PAR meter and Killowatt meter to know exactly what is happening as it is happening.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yesterday was brutal in the grow. Lots to do. It was on par with what Unc does in a week for his grow. I had to clean all these dead or dying leaves out. So like 2 minutes latter I was finally done working on the grow. Oh I had to water also.

Latest posts

Latest posts