What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

flat9

Hey Dabs lookin good man! A couple Q's for you:

-- Where did you pick up your foggers and how much did you have to pay? I found a 5 ceramic disc fogger w/ float and AC adapter for $100 on ebay but wonder if there's anything better out there.

-- Some growers on THC Farmer are using 3-2-1 Jacks - Calcnit - Epsom. Did you consider this?

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Hey Dabs lookin good man! A couple Q's for you:

-- Where did you pick up your foggers and how much did you have to pay? I found a 5 ceramic disc fogger w/ float and AC adapter for $100 on ebay but wonder if there's anything better out there.

-- Some growers on THC Farmer are using 3-2-1 Jacks - Calcnit - Epsom. Did you consider this?

Simplygoodstuff.com is where i got the foggers. They were like the cheapest i could find w/o ebay. Cant really attest to their quality compared to a more expensive place, as I've only bought the cheap ones ;)

They seem to work fairly well tho. 2 5 Disc Foggers is almost able to keep up w/ my room on the 'warm' nights.

The one i just got for veg is a 6 disc, but seems to be pumping out less fog. Idk.

3-2-1 as in grams/gallon? 3 grams jacks, 2 grams calcnit, 1 gram epsom, diluted down to 600ec?..

I've seen it. I agree with d9, there is plenty of magnesium in the jacks already. Not sure what the nutrient profile is this way..I'll calculate it out in class and get back to you.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Have you seen Getogro's (sp) thread concerning the foggers? He puts them in a tote, with the lid on, PVC exhaust manifold with a small fan, and a float valve.
I will be building one ASAP, since my RH is in the 30's. Need to get up to 70 for stretch if possible...

flat9

Hey Arminus I've had incredible success by using 5 gallon buckets and lid, with a hole drilled into the lid (about 6" diameter) and a fan pointing down into the bucket. Just move the lid ajar slightly (an inch or so) and voila, fog shoots right out.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Have you seen Getogro's (sp) thread concerning the foggers? He puts them in a tote, with the lid on, PVC exhaust manifold with a small fan, and a float valve.
I will be building one ASAP, since my RH is in the 30's. Need to get up to 70 for stretch if possible...

Seen it, and I definately will be making something similar for next run. They're dope as fuck.

However, as for now, they're working good enough in a bucket in between my fans, so I cant be bothered to whip out the tools.....yet.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Day 36; Getting there. Dropping the N is definately starting to take its affect. Some off the lower leaves are yellowing, but i'm not that concerned. The tops look really healthy, and the buds seem to be plumping up finally.

WoCs0mB.jpg

66Muqye.jpg

0jsNpAX.jpg

xDhb0xU.jpg

ejo5gkf.jpg

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Girl Scout Cookies? Taking for fucking ever???
2Ntoefv.jpg

These two plants have the most yellowing/droopy lower leaves. Everything else seems normal on them except their private parts...
KhC19il.jpg

ktMyVLV.jpg

Transplanted the clones today, and fired up two of the lights. Seedlings still have another week-10 days until transplant to 3 gallon pots.
8PSt1n1.jpg

gfJk1GM.jpg

papaduc

Veteran
Looking very nice fella. Wonder if shit wizard will stick to his promise about coming back to gloat about his knowledge of physics and chemistry... :D

... I doubt it

One thing I'd do is drop that fluoro right on top of those seedlings and aim a fan through the vents or up and under at the bulb. Keep it within an inch of them.

When you're using fluorescent the difference in speed of growth and stature is exponential with literally every inch.

The difference in growth rate afterwards when you transplant them, in my experience, is massive if they get the right start under fluoros. If they get that nice stocky thick 6 inch frame and solid root zone under a fluorescent, they explode as soon as they see the big lights.

Check this out

From this under fluoro

To this in 1 week under fluoro

1 more day that spent under fluoro then it got potted up to an 11L pot and put straight under 600w

This is 12 days later, now just over a foot tall, but with thick solid branches.

That's 20 days veg time from the first seedling picture. Flipped now, she can yield easy 5-6oz+... given another week in a bigger pot maybe double that, depending on the light and setup. I only use 600s not 1000s like you. You should see even better growth rates and final numbers.

When there's no stretch (or minimal) in the early stages, and the plant focuses on building those branches from an early age, you get thick strong and explosive growth.

In a setup like yours, train those branches from an early age and veg for another week longer than I have with that baby before you flip, and by the time stretch is over you've got a beast on your hands. But, most importantly, just the right amount of plant to get hit with the full 1000w from the side, and what is being hit is solid and ready to hold stacked buds. In your setup you'd kill it.

Latest posts

Latest posts