What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DabLab 2.0 - Rebuilt, Dialed, Clean 4000W COCO DTW AUTOFEED

Mister_D

Veteran
Sounds to me like your whole 8k goes down the moment one output takes a shit on that thing. Versus just one light with individual ballasts. Cool idea, but i'd never buy one for that reason alone.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Man o man I swear everytime I poke into the vert section I wanna go vert.

Very nice garden dabs, kudos on the progress man.

Also congrats on the house! Thats a huge step forward.

And have you seen the 4k in one ballast with built-in flip? Has 8 lamp outlets on the ballast dimmable and digital, im really leaning towards one myself for my expansion.

View Image

^_^ That thing is fucking dope!!!!!!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Sounds to me like your whole 8k goes down the moment one output takes a shit on that thing. Versus just one light with individual ballasts. Cool idea, but i'd never buy one for that reason alone.

HALF of your 8k goes down if one output takes a shit ;)

I doubt they would sell it if it were that big of an issue tho... You are right though, if it ever were an issue...Then you're fucked

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
i bet that thing gets hot as shit! but it sounds just like what i want for my next come up

If it works reliably its badass I havent found any negatives on it but I only read 4 different sources on it, I'm gonna be researching it as much as possible till its time to make that decision then if the ups outweigh the downs by then im gettin one.

If no one else gets one by the time I do then I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

If it gets hot I'll build its own inline duct cooling box or something.

Mister_D

Veteran
HALF of your 8k goes down if one output takes a shit ;)

I doubt they would sell it if it were that big of an issue tho... You are right though, if it ever were an issue...Then you're fucked

I don't like being fucked, but that's just me :biggrin:.

Fuck yeah. Congrats on the house, bought at a really good time on all fronts! I'm closing very shortly muself, got inspired by Julains thread, i'd like to copy Nf's setup but with bigger plants/longer veg, and I am planning to expirement in one room with coco dtw, i'll be sure to send you a link once I get rockin, poppin a bunch of heavy hitters ;)

"Everythings going pretty good in the room... I Dabbed way too hard and fell asleep while filling my res up and flooded my whole garage"

I was dying at this

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Fuck yeah. Congrats on the house, bought at a really good time on all fronts! I'm closing very shortly muself, got inspired by Julains thread, i'd like to copy Nf's setup but with bigger plants/longer veg, and I am planning to expirement in one room with coco dtw, i'll be sure to send you a link once I get rockin, poppin a bunch of heavy hitters ;)

Yea man, best time to buy is now (6months ago).. What strains man?

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Lessons Learned
--------------------
1.) Aero Cloners dont work for me! Harder to control all of the variables IMO. Different shades of green tho for you aero whores
2.) More focus on veg room limits time between harvests (should be none)
3.) Watering by hand every day sucks
4.) Window Air conditioners are a bitch if they arent installed in anything remotely resembling a window
5.) Box Fans suck
6.) Quickly assembled 2x4 framing, ghetto electrical, and panda plastic is not safe nor will it enable a stable environment inside the room. the plastic didnt do shit for insulating the room from the hot garage (which was made hotter by the A/C exhausting into it
For #1. I use Rapid Rooters in a slightly vented humidity dome. You'd think I'd like aero-cloners too as I have a passion for top feed RDWC which isn't far off from aero method only bigger scale and hydroton added. Did a ton of research on aero cloning but didn't try it. I like the KISS method but also want excellent results. The Rapid Rooters meet and exceed both criteria. I go right from veg to flower in the same 8.5" net pots. More KISS.

As for #6 I use 1 1/2" to 2" thick insulation 4x8 foam board cut to fit. Also use 1x2s to frame them as I have mine movable to get at my 3x5 veg station. Wobble wedges keep them in place from floor to ceiling. Panda is great though for blocking ANY unwanted light, just have to use it with the right materials needed.

flat9

I bought a house, i bought a house!!!

No more shitty landlords for me. Also my mortgae payment reduces how much i was paying for rent by $900/mo, And i have a Unfinished, framed out basement w/ concrete floors and drains; 800 sq ft of basement!

Shits gettin real over in dabville;

Upgrading to two 8000w rooms on a PLC controlled flip flop.

Trying to decide if I'm smart enough to build the power box and flips myself following the tutorial in this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99252
, or if i should go with this quote i got for ~$3250 for a 8x16 flip, power, PLC controlled everything for 2 flower rooms (Temp, humidity, co2 to run sealed rooms in the future), with HTC, and a couple other safety features.

I think i could save a couple grand by doing it myself, but safety is always an issue. I have wired all of my previous grows myself, and I have some background in coding, as well as understand ladder logic to some extent.

I think just building the power box and flip for now using a PLC, and just using the cool colorado air this winter to cool my grow and save me money while i adjust to this new house, and save up some money.

To do a 8x16 sealed flip is gonna cost $19k to start up, and I have about $10k left in my savings so I need to do it piece by piece. Utilize cold air during winter, and fire up the sealed rooms during the summer.

Any input, advice, from anyone??

Was thinking about going with a Siemens Logo! controller

That's pretty exciting dabs. Since you have some experience, maybe I should ask you -- how did you manage dealing with a landlord? I think I'd be horrified that s/he would come by (obviously they don't want someone growing, legal or not, in their home). I'm currently using my apartment (which I own), but want to rent a house or the purpose...

flat9

Btw nice job on the grow. I'm sure you'll hit your numbers once you get your strains and everything dialed in.

So I take it you're recycling the nutrient solution? How often do you switch it out?

Also, why 3 times a day watering? Wouldn't it be better to feed more often with a lower EC solution? Not sure if this is the case just wondering.

I think I need to take your advice on that heat map and coco thing. I built a DWC cloner (didn't work so well) and also used rockwool in a humidity dome (which worked better but still had issues). What exactly was the setup? If you don't mind pointing me to the heat map and all, that'd be great.

Finally, when you put all of those girls in, did the RH stay at 70% or did you have to add humidity? I have a dehumidifier currently but not a humidifier and I'm looking for solutions...

Yea man, best time to buy is now (6months ago).. What strains man?

Chronic
Critical Mass
Critical Kush
Whiteberry
Mandalla Hashberry
Akorn (aka snowbud)
WW
G13 C99 (Nothing like c99, more indica)
Kali Mist x BubbleGum (serious seeds)

And a few more freebie's

Clone Only-
ECSD (Hopefully)
Cheezle( Hopefully)
Chem-D (Hopefully)
Some other Elite's TBD (Hopefully)

I say hopefully because I fucked up and lost a bunch of elite's, and got a bunch back from friends that didn't label them, I'm only 50% sure that one of them is the sour, so I have to go back and beg for forgiveness, ECSD isn't something you should lose..... EVER

DabOnDabs

Veteran
That's pretty exciting dabs. Since you have some experience, maybe I should ask you -- how did you manage dealing with a landlord? I think I'd be horrified that s/he would come by (obviously they don't want someone growing, legal or not, in their home). I'm currently using my apartment (which I own), but want to rent a house or the purpose...

It was actually really funny...We were growing in the garage, and my idiot roomate tried opening the garage door with some shit in the way and the whole garage door got all twisted and tilted. Because of this and a couple other factors we decided to end the current flower cycle a week early and knock everything down and redo the entire thing with some insulation and better wiring and what not..make it a little safer...

So i moved my bed and shit down into the basement and we built a sick little veg room in my bedroom while we were gonna build out the garage...We had like 40 plants that were 18'' tall in a home built flood table under 1000w light in my bedroom....

So we destroy the room in the garage and my landlord says he drove by one day and saw the garage door was all twisted..asked what happened and we told him it just came off the tracks..

So he said he'd send a guy out..Well, we cleaned up the garage real nice and the landlore and his guy came out, and fixed the garage (meanwhile we have 40 plants in my BR)..he even came inside too! the door was just closed and locked.

Anyways we got the garage door fixed, and were in the process of building the room in the garage when all the sudden his guy just shows back up because he said he was gonna try to unclog the drain in the house??... The door was still locked and he didnt see anything.....

That night we finished the garage room, and took all the plants outside to flower, and completely broke down everything in my room and took it out to the garage...

The VERY next morning at like 8am the landlord shows up and is like "My guy said he could smell you guys growing weed i need to see this whole house right now"

So, i let him walk through the entire house, which was completely free of plants at this point and he didnt even think to check in the garage:thank you:

Anyways, he still was suspicious, and sent us an eviction letter, and i pretty much just kept replying to his notices on the last possible day, and putting things off. We always paid our rent and it is illegal for him and his guy to just stop by all the time..

I pretty much jsut told him to fuck off, we got through our next flower cycle, ripped the rooms down, fixed everything we fucked up and cleaned his house to perfection and left. Even got our security deposit back (the whole thing!)

Its pretty amazing what you can accomplish if you have taken some law classes or do some law research and can stand up for yourselves in a responsible and formal way. He didnt have a chance at evicting us, and we had a really basic lease with nothing about growing bud or drug activity...And our plant counts were always legal...

Anyways, enough story, hope i answered your question

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Chronic
Critical Mass
Critical Kush
Whiteberry
Mandalla Hashberry
Akorn (aka snowbud)
WW
G13 C99 (Nothing like c99, more indica)
Kali Mist x BubbleGum (serious seeds)

And a few more freebie's

Clone Only-
ECSD (Hopefully)
Cheezle( Hopefully)
Chem-D (Hopefully)
Some other Elite's TBD (Hopefully)

I say hopefully because I fucked up and lost a bunch of elite's, and got a bunch back from friends that didn't label them, I'm only 50% sure that one of them is the sour, so I have to go back and beg for forgiveness, ECSD isn't something you should lose..... EVER

Looks like a great list. I dont know anyone with legit cuts of anything..and I dont trust the dispensarys to get my clones so Im pretty stuck right now until i order some more seeds!

envious brotha!

Z

zenmindgreen

Looks like a great list. I dont know anyone with legit cuts of anything..and I dont trust the dispensarys to get my clones so Im pretty stuck right now until i order some more seeds!

envious brotha!

Where do you like ordering your seeds from if you don't mind me asking?

And not to be a complete newbie, but how exactly do you order them? With a money order?

flat9

Where do you like ordering your seeds from if you don't mind me asking?

And not to be a complete newbie, but how exactly do you order them? With a money order?

I get mine from Attitude, using my credit card, with no problems. That said, I also am a patient in WA so I don't feel too much worry about it...

flat9

Hey Dabs have you given Turface or 8822 a whirl? What's your experience w/ Coco? And why DTW? It seems like it's a waste of nutrients... my instinct would be recycle it, and maybe change out the nutes every other week or something...