What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DabLab 2.0 - Rebuilt, Dialed, Clean 4000W COCO DTW AUTOFEED

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm back. After a short delay in which my plants became extremely overvegged, I am back at it. For those of you who saw my first grow here, thanks for stopping by again.. For those who didnt...

Background
------------------
-Started 4000W vertical stadium grow with 60 clones
-Had cloning issues and veg issues which caused only 12 plants of the 60 to root and caused the grow to take 6 months from start to finish
-yielded 4.5 lbs of heady A++ Bud
-2.5 lbs larfy lower buds and sugar trim which was turned into Dabs
-Overall it was a success, but the room needed upgrades and i needed to learn how to clone

Lessons Learned
--------------------
1.) Aero Cloners dont work for me! Harder to control all of the variables IMO. Different shades of green tho for you aero whores
2.) More focus on veg room limits time between harvests (should be none)
3.) Watering by hand every day sucks
4.) Window Air conditioners are a bitch if they arent installed in anything remotely resembling a window
5.) Box Fans suck
6.) Quickly assembled 2x4 framing, ghetto electrical, and panda plastic is not safe nor will it enable a stable environment inside the room. the plastic didnt do shit for insulating the room from the hot garage (which was made hotter by the A/C exhausting into it)

Improvements
---------------------

1.) Built an air exchange box and attatched an 8 inch can fan to extract hot air from blowing into the garage.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

2.) New passive air intake
3.) Foam insulation with silver lining on the inside. It's extremely reflective and seems to do a very good job creating a stable environment
4.) Hung the exhaust fan at the top of the room by the lights and have a fans blowing hot air towards the exhaust
IMG_1371.jpg

5.) Put climate controller (with photocell) on the inside of the room instead of the outside

Which brings me to my biggest upgrade... Irrigation!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Irrigation
-----------

Watering was a pain in the ass with 12 plants every day, and i wanted to use smaller pots with more frequent waterings to get those fatty nugs.. So i built an auto irrigation using a 100 gallon trash can as a reservoir, and horseshoe dripper manifolds...

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

A 1200 GPH Pump is connected to a cycle timer with 30 seconds on and 4 hours off during the day cycle so 3 30 second waterings.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Cloning and Veg
-----------

I learned!!!!!

Coco and heat mats works like a charm for me... Roots in 4-5 days and full blown explosive ready to transplant roots by day 10...

Lemon Diesel and Headband Clones @ Day 8
IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

SIN CITY SEEDS - Nightmare OG in 1 gallon bags in the back.
IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Built a flood and drain table for the little guys and also have a blockbuster 8'' hood with a 1000w digilux blue enhanced bulb in there ready to be hung

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Now to the good part! The flower room! At day 9!

Trellis hung over both sides
--------------
11 Nightmare OG
9 Lemon Diesel
2 Headband
----
21 Total

Yield Goal --
8 Lbs + 8 Oz of my liquid gold dabs

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talk about off to a great start...
Epic intro, DabOnDabs...
:respect:
Really nice, well thought out set up...
Looks like ya found that cloning mojo and digging the mass little one's....

4k~8 LBS... Nice... I'll be taking notes for sure...

Thanks for what looks to be a great show,D.O.D

Lurking in the front row :lurk:and watching your canopy control :watchplant:tech...

Puff,puff,pass...

:abduct:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Talk about off to a great start...
Epic intro, DabOnDabs...
:respect:
Really nice, well thought out set up...
Looks like ya found that cloning mojo and digging the mass little one's....

4k~8 LBS... Nice... I'll be taking notes for sure...

Thanks for what looks to be a great show,D.O.D

Lurking in the front row :lurk:and watching your canopy control :watchplant:tech...

Puff,puff,pass...

:abduct:

I'm a little nervous about the canopy control myself.. The plants were about 4 feet tall when flipped and the nightmare is a real stretcher. The ld and headband don't stretch very much at all though
Thanks for stopping by dudr

thewhitelotus

Veteran
a fellow blackholehydro dripper! Been using those my last run and love em. great even spread....in my case....with 2 gallon smarties.

what nutrients are ya using?

thewhitelotus

Veteran
ohh and any secrets on making that sweet liquid golden dabs? never tried making oil before, but have been interested recently after taking a few dabs myself

DabOnDabs

Veteran
a fellow blackholehydro dripper! Been using those my last run and love em. great even spread....in my case....with 2 gallon smarties.

what nutrients are ya using?

They are legit as fuck. I'm lOving them.

I'm using gh Lucas formula with 1 g / gal epsom... No calmag. Also silica blast and hygrozyme along with drip clean.

As far as dab advice....

Take your shit to someone else with the right equipment and let them blow their own house up. It's dangerous as shit I'll stick to growing they can do the blowing

OG_TGR

I'm in. :lurk:

What are your temps/rh running in there?
What kind of AC/M rate you got going?
How long did you veg those big suckers?

Looks like you are off to a great start!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
I'm in. :lurk:

What are your temps/rh running in there?
What kind of AC/M rate you got going?
How long did you veg those big suckers?

Looks like you are off to a great start!

Day temp 78 night temp 68-72 ish depending on how hot the day is
Rh stays at 70 for now

Vegged for 16 weeks lol... Cloning issues

Not sure what you mean by ac m rate

OG_TGR

Nice, thanks.

AC/M as in air changes per minute/how many cfms/cubic ft of volume. You must be cranking the exhaust to keep it nice and cool like that! I had just 2 600w in a space where I was running 4 sealed 600s and it shot up to 100+ in minutes with a 400cfm fan.

Planning on running 4 600/bare/vert in there so I've got a 2100cfm (overkill is best, imo, haha!) coming tomorrow!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Its a 800 cfm fan in a 606 cf room hooked up to the humidity port on my climate controller with passive intake. Ac runs 247

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looking sick in there. i love seeing the vert grows. i just finished my first but i did circular scrog cages around 600's. worked pretty good but i still have much dialing to do.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
looking sick in there. i love seeing the vert grows. i just finished my first but i did circular scrog cages around 600's. worked pretty good but i still have much dialing to do.

Just got done checkin out your thread. Looks sick man. Super stoked to see how 3400w stacks up against 5000w. Rock it dude.

Heres a little SUPDATE:
Today is day 24 I believe..Pics taken on day 21, I just havent had a chance to upload them. I need to get a better camera cuz my iphone doesnt take the best pics when the lights are blasting.

Everythings going pretty good in the room... I Dabbed way too hard and fell asleep while filling my res up and flooded my whole garage, and the pumps watered my plants with ph 7.3 water for 2 waterings, which i think caused a little leaf curl near the tops of some of the forming buds. Not too many affected leaves, but some...

I have been pruning and training slowly but surely, and in different ways to see what works better.. anyhow heres some pics
VSHhMKw.jpg

OkmTBPo.jpg

Zyu5J8V.jpg

gWyC4P0.jpg

gWHo5L5.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts