What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DabLab 2.0 - Rebuilt, Dialed, Clean 4000W COCO DTW AUTOFEED

DabOnDabs

Veteran

Out of my 1250gph pump comes 1'' PVC, it then 90's off to 3/4 inch pipe as it flows around my room. I Have a 10 foot pipe cut into 10 equal sections. Put a 3/4'' x 3/4'' x 1/2 inch threaded T.
To this T, screws in the little plastic thing you have pictured, which is just 1/2 inch threaded on one side, and 1/2 inch barbed on the other. I found these pieces in the irrigation/sprinkler section of home depot, after looking at a million other combinations of parts...With a little teflon tape, and pvc cement, i didnt have a single lead my whole run.

Sorry, its been awhile since i last did a SUPDATE;

The fucking lemon diesel is either a finicky little ****, or a straight up hermie clone. Every single one went hermie again, so I had to pull the whole crop early (AGAIN). Fuck that stupid lemon d.

However, all was not a complete loss; Almost all of the buds in the room turned purple (i think it was getting a little cooler in there near the end of summer).. This herb has the most bag appeal of any herb ive ever grown...and thats not even counting the Nightmare OG, which ended up almost perfect. Even tho she was yanked early, she was nearly ready on almost all of the buds.

Anyways, heres the yields;
Nightmare OG; 2.5 Lbs
Lemon Diesel; 2.5 Lbs
Headband; 99 Grams

Total; 5lbs 3oz

+++

A+++++ LARF, Small buds; 2.5 Lbs

Lemon D;
LarYU5I.jpg

kKfLNNQ.jpg

Nightmare OG
cAaDnnB.jpg

ZUg0OAd.jpg

ZBs7dbR.jpg

In my thread title i have the word "Dialed".....

Well, the environment was pretty dialed all the way through,..what wasn't dialed were those massive beast of plants I stuck in there on OVERGROW Mode and let fly...
This definately is not the right way to grow OG plants, they are too tall and lanky already to be doing that. I think my yield suffered on that end just because the plants only grew like 2 or 3 main chutes (8 feet high), with alot of lateral branch nugs. I was still suprised that she yielded the exact same as the lemon d... In my cure buckets the lemon D is almost 3/4 full to the Nightmare's 1/2 full... The nightmare og is some densy danky...

Anyways, didnt hit yields..Im not gonna run the lemon d anymore. It was sad as fuck throwing my clones of her, especially since she turned such a beautiful purple color, but fuck that dick suckin slut.. No hermies allowed!!!

Curing the bud now, and still looking for a place. Im buying a house instead of renting; Such a waste of money, and fuck landlords. Trying to grow medicine in rental houses is always sketchy as fuck, and im sick of it...

Next run is looking like this;

I have 10 Nightmare OG Clones
15 New House Seeds i got directly from Tierra Roja at the 710 cup in denver; Heres a high times profile;
ttp://www.hightimes.com/read/breeding-denver’s-nuggets-–-part-1

He gifted me the seeds called "Romula" which are from his "secret collection", have "never been released, and never will be"... Couldn't find anything online about them, but I'm super stoked to pop them..

Probably gonna go pick up 3 more Strains from a clone store here in denver; Im looking for a really high yielding Hybrid, 8-9-10 week finisher, with tight internode spacing and a medium height. I wanna run the old school strains like Big Bud, or Northern Lights #5, but i wanna find it crossed with something creating the super fire.

Thinking about checking out sin city seeds "El jefe" - Monster yields, and firey buds.

Next run at my new place is gonna be a 8k Watt Sealed Room, w/ Co2, Santa Fe Dehuey with 10 Plants in 5 Gallon buckets of 80% Perlite/ 20 % Coco DTW w/ 8+ feeds per day using jacks and RO.

Will probably run all of the Nightmares of that Run, and do a run of the Romula's and the clones i pick up in small bags under a horizontal 1000 just to see what shes like.

Stay tuned for a build thread!

-DABSSSS

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome show from start to finish..
Nightmare OG. . A+++ Looking. .

Well done, sir. ..

Green81

Veteran
Yea man, amazing grow diary and really good results, if you ran them a little longer you would be good on the yield...but i know you had to pull them early.

peace

G81

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Out of my 1250gph pump comes 1'' PVC, it then 90's off to 3/4 inch pipe as it flows around my room. I Have a 10 foot pipe cut into 10 equal sections. Put a 3/4'' x 3/4'' x 1/2 inch threaded T.
To this T, screws in the little plastic thing you have pictured, which is just 1/2 inch threaded on one side, and 1/2 inch barbed on the other. I found these pieces in the irrigation/sprinkler section of home depot, after looking at a million other combinations of parts...With a little teflon tape, and pvc cement, i didnt have a single lead my whole run.

-DABSSSS

Thanks for that:thank you:.

I'm surprised that white pvc threads would fit the 1/2" threaded barb fittings. Guess I'll just have to find the right fitting to match the threads.

I'll be looking forward to the next thread.

Oh yeah, do the black holes drip or is it more a sprinkle/steady stream?

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Thanks for that:thank you:.

I'm surprised that white pvc threads would fit the 1/2" threaded barb fittings. Guess I'll just have to find the right fitting to match the threads.

I'll be looking forward to the next thread.

Oh yeah, do the black holes drip or is it more a sprinkle/steady stream?

Im not a plumbing guy, so if the threads didnt match, the teflon tape took care of it.. No leaks at all. Didnt even use hose clamps on either side of the 1/2 inch tubing.

I used a 1250 gph pump with 22 of the Black holes. On all but one of them, it was a pretty steady stream (almost a forcible stream on some). On the very back corner one, furthest from the pump it was barely a trickle, so I would just feed that one by hand. I work in the Lab everyday so it was no big deal. easier than ripping the system out and redoing it some way different.

I cant figure out wtf Im gonna do for my next grow. Wanna do a sealed room(s). Could be 2 5k rooms + 2k veg, 1 10k room + 2k veg, 2 4k rooms, 2 8k rooms, the possibilities are endless. I may do a side by side PPK vs. 80/20 perlite coco fed 8 times per day. Trees. Im kinda over doing 4+ plants per light. I wanna grow big huge monsters with 28'' nugs that are 6'' across

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Real nice! Looks like that netting you used held those plants back very uniformly and made things a lot more manageable. Some of the best pics anywhere I've seen with you using that. I use that nylon trellis net & string/tomato clips for plant support/training on sturdy 100 lb test hooks into the ceiling rafters. IDK but I find the wire mesh stuff a bit cumbersome especially early in grow though it seems to be popular. The Horti-trellis net I use has 6" square spacing, so even Hulk Hogan can reach in there if need be.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Real nice! Looks like that netting you used held those plants back very uniformly and made things a lot more manageable. Some of the best pics anywhere I've seen with you using that. I use that nylon trellis net & string/tomato clips for plant support/training on sturdy 100 lb test hooks into the ceiling rafters. IDK but I find the wire mesh stuff a bit cumbersome especially early in grow though it seems to be popular. The Horti-trellis net I use has 6" square spacing, so even Hulk Hogan can reach in there if need be.

The trellis did okay. The plants were too big, so it was more used to hold the plants back from the light than anything else. I did train the branches where I could but it was a fucking mess back there. I spent hours upon hours defoliating and training. probably 30-40rsh at least throughout the grow

Asslover

Veteran
Lemme get this right; 60 plants, vert, 4k watts and you only yielded 5 and change? What's the allure of vert?

Asslover

Veteran
22 plants. It is what it is...Dont do vert if you dont wanna. Eat some ass if you love it some much. Ya dig?

The question was for dabs...
Still, 22 plants, 5lbs? WHAT"S THE ALLURE?
I'm all for trying a different method of growing but those #'s don't look promising considering the hassle. Or am I missing something?
Never said I don't want to do vert, I'm asking the OP what he likes about it.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
I'm all for trying a different method of growing but those #'s don't look promising considering the hassle. Or am I missing something?
Never said I don't want to do vert, I'm asking the OP what he likes about it.[/QUOTE

Yea, what you're missing is this is my second vertical grow, using one strain I got from a buddy which is a pure hermie, causing me to chop my buds down early..also, hermie plants shift their energy from bud production to seed production, which further limits the weight of my harvest. The other half of my crop I grew from seed and ended up to be pure fire, but once again, it was my first grow of this type, and i knew nothing about how it would grow..

Along with this, it was summer time which means added heat which means decreased yield. Also the air exchange in my room wasnt exactly where it should be 1x/min as opposed to 2. Without supplementing CO2, im sure this could also have affected my yield

First grow was 4.25 lbs. This grow was 5 lbs 3 oz. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with the yield. I need to strain hunt, and find some heavy yielders... Add some Co2, and seal my rooms up..and i'll be up over 2 per light easy.

Its a learning thing homie. Nobody pops a seed in the ground and gets 1gpw their first try.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Never said I don't want to do vert, I'm asking the OP what he likes about it.

Also...what hassle? Growing weed is a fucking hassle. Getting up to mow your lawn is a hassle. The crop was autowatered 4x/day, without the need for me to dump bucket after bucket.. Lights turn on with a timer. Climate control is done with a controller... Just like in all grows. What hassle?

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Also...what hassle? Growing weed is a fucking hassle. Getting up to mow your lawn is a hassle. The crop was autowatered 4x/day, without the need for me to dump bucket after bucket.. Lights turn on with a timer. Climate control is done with a controller... Just like in all grows. What hassle?
LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvbrRvQgmE&t=0m44s

Yeah the hassle is mostly just your hardy plants, some buckets, pipe a few pumps, lights and timers when it comes down to it. ;)

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Man o man I swear everytime I poke into the vert section I wanna go vert.

Very nice garden dabs, kudos on the progress man.

Also congrats on the house! Thats a huge step forward.

And have you seen the 4k in one ballast with built-in flip? Has 8 lamp outlets on the ballast dimmable and digital, im really leaning towards one myself for my expansion.

PGBAL-new.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts