What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Time to go vert!

STUNKY

If u want to raise the bulb more take the clip off the rope and that triangular piece that the clip is attached too. Put a straight bolt through rope where the clip was and through the holes where the triangular thing was should get 5 more inches or so.. Looking good.. Need to keep all the tops of plants same height by raising shorter plants to get the most light ... Keep the pics coming

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
If u want to raise the bulb more take the clip off the rope and that triangular piece that the clip is attached too. Put a straight bolt through rope where the clip was and through the holes where the triangular thing was should get 5 more inches or so.. Looking good.. Need to keep all the tops of plants same height by raising shorter plants to get the most light ... Keep the pics coming

thanks for the suggestion I have already thought of it and heard it from a few people but I like being able to adjust the light as needed but I think this might be a good idea to maximize my headroom... thanks again I will try to get more pics...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Another update cuz I was taking pics anyway...

Room shots...

picture.php

View image in gallery

BKGK Bx1 day 37...

BKGK Bx1 clones being vegged for flower...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup soursmoker, i like ur mini-vert setup... glad you decided to give it a try.

just a heads up, i see burnt leaf tips on many of your plants, even the ones in veg, like that ogxcd that you are asking about.... might want to back of the nutes just a tad bit.

:tiphat:

happy growing

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sup soursmoker, i like ur mini-vert setup... glad you decided to give it a try.

just a heads up, i see burnt leaf tips on many of your plants, even the ones in veg, like that ogxcd that you are asking about.... might want to back of the nutes just a tad bit.

:tiphat:

happy growing

hey man thanks for stopping by! Yeah I have noticed this too... mostly only happens with that OGxCD... it happened REALLY bad with the one in flower...

It's weird tho because I run organic soil and don't feed any nutes at all, water and teas only...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just working that CAB, soursmoker... K++
Great job.... Interesting hack on that BKGK Bx1.. Going to make for some thick ass top buds... Nice....

Ya might look into a humidity fan down low.
Up the RH till end o stretch and if ice added
help chill the cab a little...

For some reason my minds eye keeps seeing a

Water bottle Aero Colosseum with 2 levels dripping into gutters at a slant. Using short veg clones... :woohoo:

Im always seeing upgrades though...lol

Your set up is great and would make a good system for bonsai mom and pop breeding projects... 4 cubes 2 on top of 2... Nice...

Keep on... keeping on, bro... Golden stuff....:ying:

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Looks really good man. Once you get your strains down and know know they perform in your vert set-up things will get way better. You'll have walls full of nugs!! Kickin' ass though for just a 150!!!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Just working that CAB, soursmoker... K++
Great job.... Interesting hack on that BKGK Bx1.. Going to make for some thick ass top buds... Nice....

Ya might look into a humidity fan down low.
Up the RH till end o stretch and if ice added
help chill the cab a little...

For some reason my minds eye keeps seeing a

Water bottle Aero Colosseum with 2 levels dripping into gutters at a slant. Using short veg clones... :woohoo:

Im always seeing upgrades though...lol

Your set up is great and would make a good system for bonsai mom and pop breeding projects... 4 cubes 2 on top of 2... Nice...

Keep on... keeping on, bro... Golden stuff....:ying:

thanks for stopping by! you make some great points that are really limiting me currently! I have tons of plants at ALL different ages in the same room! This is a problem for multiple reasons...

1) Vert is not often done in a perpetual manner unless it is flip flopped rooms

2) Humidity during stretch is key like you said... but I don't like raising RH when I have plants 1-2 weeks away from harvest in the same room...

Thanks for the suggestions on upgrades but I am sticking with organic soil! And I don't think anything can sway me away from that!

I am all open for suggestions that implement soil though...

Plan is to try and finish up what is close to done, fill it up with some shorter flowering things that will finish around the same time as some of the ones that are already 2-3 weeks in and harvest them all around the same time...

in the mean-time veg up some plants in the square pots I have, then transfer into 5 gal smart pots and veg in the flower room for just a week or so... then flip... this will be my final flower run, I am thinking of doing a small SOG in my veg cab as well since I won't be needing it for veg...

need to squeeze everything I can out of here... will be 4+ months of no growing for me :(

can you explain the mom and pop breeding part a bit better? 4 cubes? 2 on top of 2? pics? I always understand better if I see it...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Looks really good man. Once you get your strains down and know know they perform in your vert set-up things will get way better. You'll have walls full of nugs!! Kickin' ass though for just a 150!!!

thanks man! I hope you are right about walls full of nugs! I don't have any time to waste! After everything currently in there gets flowered, I only have one more run to get it right! I think I can do it though...

Not sure If I want to fill up each wall with a diff strain or 4 walls of the same...

also, how do you guys suggest to train the plants on the "door" wall? can't really put a screen on it...

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for stopping by! you make some great points that are really limiting me currently! I have tons of plants at ALL different ages in the same room! This is a problem for multiple reasons...

1) Vert is not often done in a perpetual manner unless it is flip flopped roomsThis is true...

2) Humidity during stretch is key like you said... but I don't like raising RH when I have plants 1-2 weeks away from harvest in the same room...Yeah it's a toss up between needs....

Thanks for the suggestions on upgrades but I am sticking with organic soil! And I don't think anything can sway me away from that!
One never knows when a seed/idea might get planted for later growing...
Suggested upgrades are more what I would do if cloning someones Idea and seems to me organic soil would work on a small scale with drip lines DTW ,Water B,C...
Then again.. What do I know... lol
Of course I was not thinking about the size bulb your using....
All on the floor is a much smarter play...
Just in a good mood and thinking forward...

I am all open for suggestions that implement soil though...
My only suggestion would be...
use a uniform pot... Same same for all...
I crashed and burned in soil... I will give it another go come season 8-9...

Plan is to try and finish up what is close to done, fill it up with some shorter flowering things that will finish around the same time as some of the ones that are already 2-3 weeks in and harvest them all around the same time...Solid....

in the mean-time veg up some plants in the square pots I have, then transfer into 5 gal smart pots and veg in the flower room for just a week or so... then flip... this will be my final flower run, I am thinking of doing a small SOG in my veg cab as well since I won't be needing it for veg...

need to squeeze everything I can out of here... will be 4+ months of no growing for me :(
4 months + 6 months till the next harvey.. 1 oz a month smoked = 10 zips... You can get this I bet... Grow on with ya bad self,brother Sour...​

can you explain the mom and pop breeding part a bit better? 4 cubes? 2 on top of 2? pics? I always understand better if I see it...
Please see attached Picture...
I like the looks of this smart pot and could see one in each corner of each cab...

Cabs stacked 2 high x 2 wide only taking up a 4' x 4' well 8' x 6'
wall space with exhaust and such on the outside of cabs..

Then I could run 4 different strains for seeds or tester runs.
One strain per cab.

All against a wall of a future grow space...

4' x 4' space just seems to big for bonsai size runs for breeding project on a small scale...

Thanks for sharing your work bro... Ya never what ya might inspire...

:respect:
:smoke out:
:abduct:

Attachments

• Cab on CAB.jpg
    Cab on CAB.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 13

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Please see attached Picture...
I like the looks of this smart pot and could see one in each corner of each cab...

Cabs stacked 2 high x 2 wide only taking up a 4' x 4' well 8' x 6'
wall space with exhaust and such on the outside of cabs..

Then I could run 4 different strains for seeds or tester runs.
One strain per cab.

All against a wall of a future grow space...

4' x 4' space just seems to big for bonsai size runs for breeding project on a small scale...

Thanks for sharing your work bro... Ya never what ya might inspire...

:respect:
:smoke out:
:abduct:

Once again thanks bro! I get it now on the breeding... my cabs are actually 28.5" wide x 25.5" deep by 4 ft high (just short of it) but I get it now! I don't have 8 ft ceilings so I could not stack them 2 high but right on if you could and if it helps you in your breeding endeavors, right on! I will probably use my 150w for personal breeding later down the road... cab will probably be scraped when I move...

damn, 10 oz ... that is looking up brother! I will be happy with whatever I get...

I was already thinking the idea of just a few smart pots... bigger plants though... and that is only a 2 gal smart pot and it is folded in half.. I was thinking of using my 5 gal smart pots and folding them in half as well...

You think in the corners is the best idea or a diamond pattern?

for example

with the * being the light and the x and o's being the smart pots... should I go with the x's or the o's? lol

and any idea on what to do with the plant/s on the door side? how can I train them?

|x o x|
|o * o|
|x o x|

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 2 gal Smart folded over is nice due to the wider base.

I'd think go with the (X) and train branches over to the side walls...

Ops.. 4' high, eh. . Missed that part. .lol. . I was like looks like so much space..

Bamboo stakes or trellis for the door side ladies would be my 2 cents ..

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
the 5 gal is even wider man... I think it will work nicely... already have trellis on the 2 side walls and back wall.. not sure how to attach trellis to my door? maybe I need to show how my door operates to give a better idea...

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
I don't use the door to train plants to, just the other 3 walls. If I wanted to train them to the door, I'd put their pots in the front corners near the door (one on either side) and then put the trellising on the inside of each door panel. That way when you open the doors, the inside of each door would have plants growing to them and the pots would be sitting in the cab.

That being said, you already have 78" of wall space that's 4 feet high. Another way to think about what you have is like having a space with a 4' x 6' surface area!! (its just vert wrapped around the 3 inside walls....)

Good luck and hit me if I can help at all.
BeL

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I don't use the door to train plants to, just the other 3 walls. If I wanted to train them to the door, I'd put their pots in the front corners near the door (one on either side) and then put the trellising on the inside of each door panel. That way when you open the doors, the inside of each door would have plants growing to them and the pots would be sitting in the cab.

That being said, you already have 78" of wall space that's 4 feet high. Another way to think about what you have is like having a space with a 4' x 6' surface area!! (its just vert wrapped around the 3 inside walls....)

Good luck and hit me if I can help at all.
BeL

I like the way you think bro! I already have ton's of space... you are right!

I took some pics of my door and how it works and maybe will give some others ideas on easy light proof door designs...

Need to upload the pics so I can show you... but I think you will understand after you see them why I can't put trellising on the door side...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
And of course I have to show a picture of what the inside of the cab looks like this morning!

Now I am just getting impatient! I can't wait for these to be done so I can start the next round!

Atleast I will have a nice personal seed stash when all is said and done and I am moved into the new crib...

It's going to be hard deciding what to pop first!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok guys I have some serious thinking to do here...

After this current cycle, I have one more flower run in my vert cab... I was thinking of turning my veg into a SCROG flower room as well to maximize my space... and since I won't be needing anymore veg, it will be perfect...

I just have to decide on strain selection...

For Vert I need something that will stretch and so far I think my mystery pheno and these ECSD x SSSDH testers are the best candidates for the vert room...

now I have to figure out what to fill the Scrog with...

Ok here is my veg inventory...

BKGK Bx1

OG x CD

CB x DB Bx1

KROM

Mystery Pheno

ECSD x SSSDH testers (2 different phenos)

Chemmy Jones

I have the most amount of clones of the ECSD x SSSDH testers so unless they don't perform well in flower they might end up getting mono cropped...

Any suggestions?

Last edited: