What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

You could always seal your rooms and add CO2... No need for a lung room then. It's something I'm thinking about if I keep my lake house running. The environment is so wild outside, it's hard to keep things dialed with the heating and cooling.

That has been at the forefront of my considerations. Sealed rooms would definitely solve the issues, but that will require about 3k that I don't have right now. Have some untapped revenue that I may have to address...
Been needing to upgrade my water situation, and need to pick up one of those big containers you use Bobble. Where would you suggest I look, and what is the technical name of the containers so I can search locally?

Arminius

Veteran

Ran out of gas last night, but should be able to finish the shelves and take more clones today. All the plants in the veg table are my bonsai mothers that need to be pruned and put on the shelves.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359822127.064703.jpg

RM - aquagrower

Here's a thought.

How 'bout if ya put a single (12" vortex?) fan/filter in your 3x18 space. Build a box around the filter to act as a plenim. Run a (8"?) duct to each flower room off of the plenim. Cap each duct with a moterized damper linked on page one. Time the dampers to close when the lights come on, and open at lights off. This way the heat produced by the lights will be sucked thru the unlit room raising the temp.

Arminius

Veteran

Interesting to consider...
Trying to wrap my exhausted brain around it.
Wouldn't I need dampers from the rooms to the fan as well?
If I get the picture, that would mean 4 dampers, with two different timers. While lights are on in room A, warm air would be pumped into room B. when lights are off in room A, warm air would be pumped from room B. sound about right?

Arminius

Veteran

Actually, why would I need another fan? Can't I just install the dampers in the common wall, and let the extraction fans pull the warm air passively? Something tells me I am going to have issues with my existing passive intakes, so may need to put dampers on all intakes...

RM - aquagrower

No dampers needed on the (passive) intakes.

With 1 fan "taking turns" between each room, only sucking when the lights are off. Lights come on, damper closes, forcing the heated air to go (thru your passive intakes) and be sucked out from the cold (dark) room.

Could take the concept a step further, and blow the air from the fan, thru the veg room.

So, looking at your sketch, lights on in flower room 1, exhaust damper closes in that room. Damper in room 2 opens, and sucks the heat from room 1 thru room 2, and back to the fan, which sends this (still slightly) heated air to the veg room, where is is again pulled thru passive intakes into room 2.

Then 12 hours later, the lights flip. Room 1 goes dark and the damper in that room opens. Lights come on in room 2. Damper in that room closes.

It would be like a "ventilation flip box", Where the air is always being pulled into the room that NEEDS the heat.

hotboxes

I don't know if this would work but put the dampers like you were sayn to come on and off for the different rooms to pump the warm air into the lights off room heating it while the cooler room cools the air, put a passive on the tank room wall from each flower room then you can recycle the air on a closed loop threw 2 different rooms cooling the air in 2 stages before it gets sucked back into the lights on room threw the passive. does that sound right?

hotboxes

I would use a fan for each room, you will get equal pressure that way instead of 1 fan remote running both. especially if you are going to pump the air into another room. putting a connector splitting 2 rooms is going to put a drag on it right there, then have to move air between 2 if not 3 rooms depending on how he goes. thats my thoughts nothing more

RM - aquagrower

I am in the process of setting up a pair of flip rooms that will share a fan. I don't need the extra heat in the dark room, so I wont be needing the dampers.

The idea comes from looking at how the HVAC system works in a house.

A central fan pulls air into the cold air return, treats it (either worm or cool) and blows it thru the house. Not all too much different that we're trying to accomplish with our ventilation systems.

hotboxes

for sure I hear you but we aren't tryn to heat rooms we are tryn to take heat away 2x per minute and I am doing the math and on flower A thats at least 1050CFM's , and 1300 for flower B depending how he wants to go. Plus I thought he was sayn something about using the air from the lights on room to keep his plants at the 10 degree difference in the lights out room since its been colder out with no heat in the place.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
I know we`re workin on a shoestring budget Arm , but lungrooms require enough sq ftg to condition your environment as it`s sucked in and pumped outta each flip room , and yas just ain`t got it......but....that said....

Things can be done with less sq ftg ta work with , but it takes the investment for environmental equipment in place lights on as well as lights off so each room can hoon and produce.....IOW.....

Yas can`t just pump veg room air into the lights off flip rooms and then back out into a lung area to control lights off temps within 10 degree variables from lights on for dialage....

It just don`t work that way.....but.....Why the fuck do yas gotta have an 8 x 10 room for mom/clone/pre-veg when I did that shit in a lil over 2' x 4' x ceiling height sealed cabs with multiple levels for rootin cuts on the top levels , and pre-veggin the fully rooted cuts down below to provide the proper heat and RH needed ta root the cuts above from the 8 bulb T-5`s and slow , easy air exchange......but.....

There hasta be the happy medium in the lungroom to mix used and create new environment based on thermostats and fan speed controllers as well as humidifiers AND dehuey`s on humidistats IF needed......anyways.....

Lot more to lungrooms than most folks realize , and if yas want/need more input I`ll lay out how I ran my basements after some questions and responses........regardless..

We`ll getchas there with a lil dialage and couple harveys under yer belt ta make upgrades as allowed......

Peace.....Freds......:ying:....

Id like to hear more fred. One day soon ill be setting up some flip flops and any info will help out

Arminius

Veteran
Thanks for bouncing those ideas around Hotboxes. Definitely have me thinking, and I should be able to sort this out one way or the other.
Thanks again!

bobblehead

Veteran
That has been at the forefront of my considerations. Sealed rooms would definitely solve the issues, but that will require about 3k that I don't have right now. Have some untapped revenue that I may have to address...
Been needing to upgrade my water situation, and need to pick up one of those big containers you use Bobble. Where would you suggest I look, and what is the technical name of the containers so I can search locally?

I found my icb tanks on craigslist... They're cheap, and have a huge capacity... 275 or 330 gallons. Looking good arminius... I like a big veg myself. Better to have over-vegged plants than under-vegged.

Arminius

Veteran

Found some locally for about $100 for a 275g.
My only issue is space. I may have to opt for a 250 tank that takes up a smaller footprint...

Arminius

Veteran

Not quite finished in the veg room, but stuck another 100 cuts. Your Blue Dragon are in there Mega, the HK#1 will be taken in the am... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359869500.977032.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

Lol, I have Bubbles shed too! No cats though...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359869921.137945.jpg
My remote site in a shed...