What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

I will be building a pre-veg area similar to the one I just built, but will have at least 3 shelves, if not 4. Stay tuned...

D

DHF

I know we`re workin on a shoestring budget Arm , but lungrooms require enough sq ftg to condition your environment as it`s sucked in and pumped outta each flip room , and yas just ain`t got it......but....that said....

Things can be done with less sq ftg ta work with , but it takes the investment for environmental equipment in place lights on as well as lights off so each room can hoon and produce.....IOW.....

Yas can`t just pump veg room air into the lights off flip rooms and then back out into a lung area to control lights off temps within 10 degree variables from lights on for dialage....

It just don`t work that way.....but.....Why the fuck do yas gotta have an 8 x 10 room for mom/clone/pre-veg when I did that shit in a lil over 2' x 4' x ceiling height sealed cabs with multiple levels for rootin cuts on the top levels , and pre-veggin the fully rooted cuts down below to provide the proper heat and RH needed ta root the cuts above from the 8 bulb T-5`s and slow , easy air exchange......but.....

There hasta be the happy medium in the lungroom to mix used and create new environment based on thermostats and fan speed controllers as well as humidifiers AND dehuey`s on humidistats IF needed......anyways.....

Lot more to lungrooms than most folks realize , and if yas want/need more input I`ll lay out how I ran my basements after some questions and responses........regardless..

We`ll getchas there with a lil dialage and couple harveys under yer belt ta make upgrades as allowed......

Peace.....Freds......:ying:....

Last edited:

Arminius

Veteran

Thanks for the response Freds!
The reason I have such a large veg room is to ensure zero downtime in my flower rooms. I have a collection of bonsai mothers that I keep for variety, but veg space for four flower rooms required some breathing room, rather than cramping my space like in the past.
I guess I should do some calcs to see what kind of airflow in my workspace is required.
Am I off base thinking I can offset the small lung room space with increased active intake into said space?

hotboxes

Is this a permanent spot? Can you do any remolding like renovations? can you build around your idea or is it as is?

Personally I would put your veg in the same room as your tanks and use flower B room as your lung, shorten flower A a couple feet and frame in your veg room for a flower B room.

How many lights do you plan on running per room? sorry if I missed it. 8x8 times 2 is pretty nice size for a flower room size to get going specially flipped.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I don't think fred realizes that you run bigger plants then he did. He ran single stemmed where as you run flat bushes tied to a screen. Makes a difference on veg room size if you need plants 24 inches tall verses 12.

hotboxes

24 inches is nothing compared to 12 just another week or 2 depending on your set up, 3 to 4 feet might be another story you could fit 2' plants on shelves stacked to the ceiling each different stages. no need for mothers really just take cuts from undergrowth that gets cut back anyways.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
From my view point that looks like twice the veg size, or more if you want to move around some.

attachment.php

Here is a picture from his first page and this plant looks to be 30 inches tall not 24 and the others that were in this same post are close to 36 inches. This is not even close to what freds ran. Hell the pot and stem till branches are probably as tall as freds plants and pots combined.

Arminius

Veteran
Too far in to change the layout. Yes IC is correct, my plants typically are 24-30 inches before going into flower. My idea is to find a happy medium where I have more medium sized plants vs an army of clones, or a select few trees...
Due to the amount of flower rooms (2 adjacent to veg, 1 in closet, and one remote), I just don't see reducing my veg space.
It's either use what I have as a lung room, or go 2+ exchange and mini-splits...
Thanks for your input guys!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How the FUCK did I miss this thread??? OK how about a lung room that takes advantage of unused space at the ceiling level that is sealed, leaving the lower 5' for "veg" area? If you get my drift?

Maybe I'm too tired..had to spend the day in Monterey helping the investor move into his new 4K square foot house (SOB) and I have to build 3-4 small greenhouses JUST for OUR veg rooms tomorrow ....nothing like running 400-500 clones LMAO!

Great job Arminus and I want to talk to you about that shipping container trailer(?)

Arminius

Veteran

The ceiling is sloped, so don't have much room above...
May just have to go 2+ air exchanges and mini splits...
Get at me tomorrow Mega, should be around, or finishing veg room...

5th

Veteran
Mr. Lahey: Where ya stayin' Rick?
Ricky: At the fuck-off hotel Lahey.

We all have our Laheys....and they can all fuck off.

Arminius

Veteran

Lol ain't that true! Fucking shit tsunami's...

hotboxes

for sure, the +2 exchange would be cheaper and less to deal with at first for sure. Nothing is set in stone right so later on anything is possible.

If you are going to exchange +2 per/minute do u plan on recycling the air? I just can't see running AC if it just gonna get sucked out. I guess depending on your area it would almost be a need but there again that's where the lung would benefit. Yeah I think you have some real decisions to make. Guess thats why we are all here right lol I am sure you will figure it out man .

D

DHF

I don't think fred realizes that you run bigger plants then he did. He ran single stemmed where as you run flat bushes tied to a screen. Makes a difference on veg room size if you need plants 24 inches tall verses 12.
Point well taken Icky and yeah.....I can see the need for more sq ftg and bigger plants , but .....

As I pre-vegged my plants under T-5`s I trimmed , pruned , and shaped their ass so more plants could actually stay under each 8 bulb 432 watt fixture so again.....

It`s all in whatchas`re after for the bloom rooms ......now.....There`s ways to keep lights off rooms within 10 degree variables as you asked about by pumpin the veg room heated air in and sucked out , but again.....

As it`s sucked out it`ll be remixed with whatever environment that`s outside all the grow areas and haveta be re-conditioned for the lights on rooms once yas settle in and start keepin humidity up in the veg room 24/7 , and bloom room till end of stretch before havin to employ dehueys for lights off as well as lights on in the late bloomage room.......anyways......

In the famous words of Rob Schneider in "The Waterboy"........You can dooooo it !.....Now get backta work cuz only you know whatchas have ta work with , and with a lil help from skilled growers here in vert-ville I`m sure you`ll be dialed in and hoonin in no time.....

Holler.....Freds.....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
You could always seal your rooms and add CO2... No need for a lung room then. It's something I'm thinking about if I keep my lake house running. The environment is so wild outside, it's hard to keep things dialed with the heating and cooling.

Latest posts

Latest posts