What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I figured since the location dramatically changed just as I was getting dialed at the last site, it is time for a new thread.
Even with a 6 month setback by moving, Freedom 45 is still on track! I now have 3 times the flower space, with a dedicated 8 x 10 propagation/veg room. Only problem is, the site was a mess, and I refused to grow in the existing conditions. I basically have 3 horse stalls with a 4th down the road. They were growing on dirt floors, with unsealed rooms, it was a disaster waiting to happen. I convinced the property owner to invest 5k and I would give her half the crop from one room. There has been a few bumps in the road to say the least, but I think I have the last issues within my control now.
I still have to finish my larger flower room which is 8 x 10 vs the 8 x 8 that I will be sharing with the owner, and set up my last electrical outlets, but I am very close to going all in...
I have been struggling with low temps, faulty PH meters, and my own Mr Leahy. The low temps have me reconsidering my ventilation scheme, and this is where I was hoping for some input. I am contemplating a flip setup vs passive intake and 2-3 times a minute air exchange. The problem is, with outside air close to freezing, even with lights on it was barely 60 degrees. The cost of heating is something that I want to avoid if necessary.
What I am hoping to pull off is using my veg room as the lung room for the adjacent flower room, and with lights on opposite schedules, the other flower room would pull air from the first flower room.
The advantages of this set up would be only requiring fans in the last of the flower rooms, and relying on negative air pressure, and circulating fans to keep things stable. During lights out, warm low RH air would be pulled in, and vice versa (sorta).
My concern is CO2 levels with air that has already passed through one flower room, not having enough for the second. My thinking is that during lights out the plants are creating CO2, but are they at the same levels as fresh air? My hydro store is willing to loan me a CO2 meter, but it won't do me any good unless I have the rooms full of plants, at which time re-configuring the ventilation would be a huge pain in the ass...
The other option is using the 3 x 20 space outside the rooms that house my ballasts, and feed tanks as a lung room. I would likely need to use an active intake to make sure I could supply enough air quick enough to be conditioned. Just seems like another pain in the ass... And I would need to provide active exhaust for both flower rooms which means more money and electricity....
I will be posting pictures of the room over the next couple of days, but I am hoping you guys can help me with the ventilation issue while I take cuttings and tighten up some lose ends.:smokey:

D

DHF

Got the first bucket and sittin on it........Show us some shit Arm.....:peacock:....Lungrooms take dialage....We`ll work it out.......

Peace....Freds......:ying:...

Arminius

Veteran

Here is the layout of the rooms, and my proposed ventilation scheme.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359606596.581245.jpg
I have an electrician that will build the relays if I decide to do a flip, otherwise I have enough amperage to handle 12 600s when I am fully up and running.

Arminius

Veteran

The rental unit I moved into site unseen is a mess. Total non functional as a SFD, and was a contributory factor to the end of a 5 year relationship (she wasn't prepared for the big picture)... We are still really good friends, but we fell out of love. I am seeing someone else, taking it real slow, and enjoying my freedom!
Anyways, to pay the bills I have a grow in the house as well. I will be expanding the bathroom in time, but for now I put up the wall and created an 8 x 8 that is about to flip. When I do the bathroom I will just move this setup one on the other side of the wall in my eventual walk in closet.
In the closet there are 6 USD that are way too big! Luckily I confirmed with my sparky that I have a free 20 amp breaker at my disposal for two more lights after stretch.
I was going to do the USD in a 4 x 4 tent, but I couldn't pull it with my screens. That left me short after I put up the wall, so I added two Chem's Sisters in my soon to be patented Ricky's Stackable Dope Boxes... Cost about 10 bucks, and 10 minutes each.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359607283.315137.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359607314.313491.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

Last time I ran the USD in these screens I almost broke 1gpw. If I didn't have to pull them a week earlier, I know I would have. The other factor was holes in my canopy at the top. FHC had the same experience, so I decided to top two of them in veg to see if I can get a more even canopy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359607497.481078.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

Armminius , can you put a lung room between the 2? Or even use the area where your tanks will be?

The rooms share common walls so it has to be the veg room, or the space outside. But as I noted above, using that space would require twice the fans etc...
I know DHF has experience with flip rooms and lung rooms, what do you think bro?

Arminius

Veteran

I am having similar problems atm and someone linked me this might work for you also

http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/suncourt-6in-motorized-damper-normally-open-p-1963.html

Those would be awesome if I went CO2 route. If I shut off the intake to a room with lights off, them I have to anticipate a dehuey. I would prefer the naturally low RH air sucked from a room with lights on.
The only exception would be the room sucking air from veg room which I want to keep at 70+, but a small dehuey in the first flower room should suffice.
Down the road I can go full bells and whistles, but need a couple runs on the cheap first...

hotboxes

The rooms share common walls so it has to be the veg room, or the space outside. But as I noted above, using that space would require twice the fans etc...
I know DHF has experience with flip rooms and lung rooms, what do you think bro?

I think the only problem with using your veg as the lung would be pulling the C02 past one room to get to the other.If you made the room with the tanks the lung you would be in better shape IMO but like you said DHF has way more experience than I or many many others for that matter.

Arminius

Veteran
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. But all my mothers are bonzai and I could do active intake in the veg room to compensate...

hotboxes

Those would be awesome if I went CO2 route. If I shut off the intake to a room with lights off, them I have to anticipate a dehuey. I would prefer the naturally low RH air sucked from a room with lights on.
The only exception would be the room sucking air from veg room which I want to keep at 70+, but a small dehuey in the first flower room should suffice.
Down the road I can go full bells and whistles, but need a couple runs on the cheap first...

From my understanding you can hook it up to a thermostat and the damper can adjust the opening to the amount of air coming in to level out your temps to where you want them. Figuring out the size would depend on your exchange rate of course by your dimensions.

Arminius

Veteran

Time to tackle the veg room now that I have power. I should have done the electrical first, but I had no idea how fucked up the wiring was before I got here. There's so much work to be done now, but it's all visual progress now...
Before...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758625.422197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758641.654517.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758661.187502.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

After...
Why pay $100+ for a plastic tray and table hardware when you have scrap materials...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758736.954315.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758815.387912.jpg
A shot from the veg room showing my potential lung room.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359758863.304307.jpg
Still so much to do just looking at these photos. Get the romex into conduit, finish the outside room walls, etc...