Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

Howdy all. I've made some changes since the last go 'round, so I figured it was time for some new digs.

Welcome back to all who've made it from the last run. That was a good learning experience, but we're gonna do some tweakin' and more fun-havin' this time.

If you're stopping by for the first time, welcome! Grab a beer and a seat. Feel free to pipe up with wisdom, experience, or insults. The only phrase that's banned: "Told ya so." Lousiest statement in the English language. Reserved for dicks.

Speaking of changes, let's hear about 'em: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6LarYFd4g

Changes:

- Was growing essentially 8 taller plants around two 400 W HPS stacked right on top of each other.

- This time: Will be growing shorter plants (~ 33" headspace), but two levels of 'em. Think: two donuts, stacked one on top of another.

- Was rockin' two 400 W HPS.

- This time: One 600 W and one 400 W, both HPS.

- Last time's dirt mix:

2.4 cu ft FFOF
    2 cu ft ProMix HP
    48 lbs EWC
    2.4 C diatomaceous earth
    1.8 C greensand
    1.2 C Blood
    3 C Bone
    3 C kelp meal
    2.4 C lime
    [I forget how much] azomite

- This time: Added glacial rock dust, Indonesian guano, crab shell meal and neem seed meal.

The goal this time 'round is to keep a steady flow goin' in and out of the oven. Ultimately, I'm figuring batches of four - four finishing flower, four starting flower, four veggin', lather, rinse, repeat (forty-four times).

First round to flower will be Nightmare Diesel, Golden Goat, and Strawberry Diesel x ChemD.

Nightmare Diesel (2-3x stretch, from experience)

Golden Goat (0 stretch, I'm told)

Strawberry Diesel x ChemD (1.5-2x stretch) Heh. Transplanted her, then forgot to water her in for a couple hours. Doh.

If I've not lost you yet, keep readin'. At the least, keep lookin' at the purtty pitchers.
    Current project: ..Right here. Seriously, just click it.

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."

On deck: More Nightmare Diesel cuts, one cut of ChemD, Blue Satellite 2.2 seedlings

Nightmare Diesel cuts:

Blue Satellite 2.2 seedlings:

ChemD:

So, as I said, ultimately this will be plants along three walls, two levels of plants. But, I got super ambitious on this first batch, at least with the Nightmare Diesel. Because she's a real stretcher, I removed the shelf that used to be above her. Once I harvest this bigg'n, I'll put the shelf back and get back to regularly scheduled programming:

The whole getup. Flower on the left, veg on the right. LEFT. RIGHT. Err, I suppose this life-cycle is RIGHT. LEFT. MY BRAIN. RIGHT. LEFT. REPEAT.

Stay tuned y'all. Shit's been veggin' s'damned long I lost my enthusiasm for the garden. I'm BACK now. Hopefully y'all will be too.

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."

Comment

Puffin on some Hawaiian Snow and drinkin black rum and diggin the selection. I'm front and center, silver, watchin and learnin....................... . happy growing dude.........................

Comment

dank.Frank
        Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
        as counter
        culture cannabis enthusiasts with
        their thinly veiled
        self-justifications
        catering to the morally
        ambiguous
        for the sake of the
        ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Let's get this party started...!
          I fuck'n hate harvesting...
          I like plant'n the things, and water'n them,
          look'n after them... talk'n too them,
          I don't fuck'n like harvesting !
          I do like smoke'n them.____Bubbles

That Lil~shits @ it again... current grow diary.
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....20#post5610720

1400 watts of Old granddad and Route66___completed
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205894

Comment

Pass the popcorn Frank.......I`m over here on my bucket Bro.......

Good luck....DHF.........

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Subbed
                Satori F2 Vert Grow (Completed)
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=213034

D's Vertical Redemption (Completed)
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....57#post4840157

D's Gone Hunting (In limbo)
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post5941311

Cannafornia Seeds Caliente Kong & Alaskan Thunder Kong Test Thread (Completed)
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....15#post6280215

D's DIY Automated Vertical Feed and Drain System
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....90#post6323290

""Get It Fucking Done. It’s the truth, it’s the one thing you learn real fast in life is that nobody gives a fucking shit about excuses and the sooner you learn that nobody really gives a fuck about you, that you need to get off your ass and make shit happen then the better off everyone will be""". - Zakk Wylde

Comment

Sufferin' Succotash

Comment

always a pleasure to sit and watch, im over here by DHF
                    proud user of PERFECT GROWER NUTRIENTS

Comment

Subbed. Curious to see how the shelves go as I want to do something similar. I was also thinking about using the back wall shelf-less to flower the occasional large mom I decide to get rid of or huge sativa. I'll be following closely.
                      Originally posted by Cannavore
                      i use free range non gmo gluten free organic hippie tears on my plants
                      Basement Grow 3.0 ongoing
                      Cleaning up in the shower finished
                      600W Blumats, Coco & KISS finished
                      300W PL-L Micro Vert finished

Comment

Originally posted by smilley View Post
                        Puffin on some Hawaiian Snow and drinkin black rum and diggin the selection. I'm front and center, silver, watchin and learnin....................... . happy growing dude.........................
                        Hey smilley! Thanks for stoppin' in! Make yourself at home. Just no muddy shoes on the couch please. None of this:

Originally posted by dank.frank View Post

lurk

dank.Frank
                        df! Very happy to have your company! I'd love to hear your input on my approach with the dirt and all.

Originally posted by lil~greensprout View Post
                        Let's get this party started...!
                        ~sprout! Always a treat and an honor. You're always welcome to bring some of your baked treats too, but in lieu, grab a beer from the cooler. I'm just warming up the vape.

Originally posted by DHF View Post
                        Pass the popcorn Frank.......I`m over here on my bucket Bro.......

Good luck....DHF.........
                        Glad to have you back DHF! There's a bucket somewhere for you, but just make sure you don't grab one that was just full of worm shit and seaweed.

Originally posted by hayday View Post
                        Sweet
                        hay thar hayday!

Originally posted by Mister_D View Post
                        Subbed
                        _D!

Originally posted by village green View Post
                        Sufferin' Succotash
                        Certainly! Spontaneous societal support's stupendous!

Originally posted by joesy whales View Post
                        always a pleasure to sit and watch, im over here by DHF
                        hey josey, just heed the "which bucket" advice as per DHF.

Still waitin' for some folk, it looks like, but they can play kechup. Lezzroll.

I've been thinking lately about my dirt mix - I think lots about what kind of goodness is going in, but less about what kind of texture is going in. In fact, if I had to say, the most textural-oriented thing I think goin' on in the mix is the ProMix & its moss.

This was the latest kickdown from the store, which came at a perfect time:

It's a perlite-sort of product, in terms of its "what-fer." Made of recycled materials - mostly recycled glass. I added this baggie to the usual dirt mix for a 5 gal container.

I'll be experimenting with this in the Nightmare Diesel container. Last time, she gave about 3.75 oz, grown in a 5 gal container, with less veg time than this run. I'll also be adding teas more frequently this run - just keeping track of the variables here, fer smarts and reference.

I was really planning on tonight being the first of the flip for these ladies, but the StrawDD isn't bouncing back as quickly as I'd have thought from yesterday's transplant. Actually, I've never had this happen before - noticeable wilt after a transplant. Hmm.

Anyway, she ought to be back in biz in the next day or so, at which point, I think..

Comment

Dude you are one hilarious Hawaiian.

Comment

boy you've gotten computer savvy there Mr..... a little digital personality....Love it!!
                            whod guess, a stoner w humor
                            soo many serious ass posters here, its a relief to have a(nother) fun poster

Postin up n hangin w a gro-bro

thinkin of actually mixin my indoor soils too

ill go w cocopith or coco-not instead of peat

going to try to phase out guanos after hearing of how destructive the mining for it as now that its demand is increased many fold in the last 5 years. Theres plenty of sources of the stuff we need, just may be slightly more inconvenient, but also may be necessary in the very near future to source locally...

Are you preparing the soils to be a flower power batch? Minimal N support?? (Im being lazy and not looking into individual ingredients)

i like the idea of the growstone as long as they are inert, they look like a superior product
                            thought the close up was some bubble... durrrrr

Itd be cool if we can get the trailer fired up about the same time you're @ "go' w yours
                            got the panda up on thurs.... hey, its a start
                            clones are sittin on top the fridge, the need light

way ta grow kid.....

Comment

BB! Good to see you - you're one of the stragglers I was hopin' would show up!

Meh - I figure that at some point, the reefer action will slow down or disappoint or something, so I finger maybe a little personality will keep the audience.

Interesting stuff on the guano - I oughtta do some readings. I added the Indonesian this time to supplement the bone.

I've increased the amount of blood I used in this batch to boost the N.

On the coco-not, ~lil greensprout swears by 'em in his hydro setup. Not sure how they'd work in a dirt mix for the texture itself, but then, I know zip about coco to begin with, let alone faux coco.

I'd say you oughtta get to mixin' the dirt mon frere.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'm pretty sure I'll have the switch flipped here before y'all are done with the trailer. I'm just waiting on a thirsty transplant to come 'round -- y'all just hanged the panda. B told me he almost put a screw in his knee aleady - dude, you may have more hand-holding to do in more ways than you'd thought..

Stick around holmes - happy to have your attention, and maybe this fresh start (on my side) will be a good point of reference for B to understand some of the mechanics and the hows and whys.

Comment

Working...
                              X