What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Howdy all. I've made some changes since the last go 'round, so I figured it was time for some new digs.

Welcome back to all who've made it from the last run. That was a good learning experience, but we're gonna do some tweakin' and more fun-havin' this time.

If you're stopping by for the first time, welcome! Grab a beer and a seat. Feel free to pipe up with wisdom, experience, or insults. The only phrase that's banned: "Told ya so." Lousiest statement in the English language. Reserved for dicks.

Speaking of changes, let's hear about 'em: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6LarYFd4g

Changes:

- Was growing essentially 8 taller plants around two 400 W HPS stacked right on top of each other.

- This time: Will be growing shorter plants (~ 33" headspace), but two levels of 'em. Think: two donuts, stacked one on top of another.

- Was rockin' two 400 W HPS.

- This time: One 600 W and one 400 W, both HPS.

- Last time's dirt mix:

2.4 cu ft FFOF
2 cu ft ProMix HP
48 lbs EWC
2.4 C diatomaceous earth
1.8 C greensand
1.2 C Blood
3 C Bone
3 C kelp meal
2.4 C lime
[I forget how much] azomite

- This time: Added glacial rock dust, Indonesian guano, crab shell meal and neem seed meal.

The goal this time 'round is to keep a steady flow goin' in and out of the oven. Ultimately, I'm figuring batches of four - four finishing flower, four starting flower, four veggin', lather, rinse, repeat (forty-four times).

First round to flower will be Nightmare Diesel, Golden Goat, and Strawberry Diesel x ChemD.

Nightmare Diesel (2-3x stretch, from experience)

picture.php

Golden Goat (0 stretch, I'm told)

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel x ChemD (1.5-2x stretch) Heh. Transplanted her, then forgot to water her in for a couple hours. Doh.

picture.php

If I've not lost you yet, keep readin'. At the least, keep lookin' at the purtty pitchers. :watchplant:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
On deck: More Nightmare Diesel cuts, one cut of ChemD, Blue Satellite 2.2 seedlings

Nightmare Diesel cuts:

picture.php

Blue Satellite 2.2 seedlings:

picture.php

ChemD:

picture.php

So, as I said, ultimately this will be plants along three walls, two levels of plants. But, I got super ambitious on this first batch, at least with the Nightmare Diesel. Because she's a real stretcher, I removed the shelf that used to be above her. Once I harvest this bigg'n, I'll put the shelf back and get back to regularly scheduled programming:

picture.php

The whole getup. Flower on the left, veg on the right. LEFT. RIGHT. Err, I suppose this life-cycle is RIGHT. LEFT. MY BRAIN. RIGHT. LEFT. REPEAT.

picture.php

Stay tuned y'all. Shit's been veggin' s'damned long I lost my enthusiasm for the garden. I'm BACK now. Hopefully y'all will be too.

smilley

Veteran
Puffin on some Hawaiian Snow and drinkin black rum and diggin the selection. I'm front and center, silver, watchin and learnin........................ happy growing dude......................... :woohoo:

D

DHF

Pass the popcorn Frank.......I`m over here on my bucket Bro.......

Good luck....DHF...:ying:......

MrAwder

Subbed. Curious to see how the shelves go as I want to do something similar. I was also thinking about using the back wall shelf-less to flower the occasional large mom I decide to get rid of or huge sativa. I'll be following closely.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Puffin on some Hawaiian Snow and drinkin black rum and diggin the selection. I'm front and center, silver, watchin and learnin........................ happy growing dude.........................

Hey smilley! Thanks for stoppin' in! Make yourself at home. Just no muddy shoes on the couch please. None of this:

tumblr_l55mrpGJlf1qzrkqs.gif

lurk

dank.Frank

df! Very happy to have your company! I'd love to hear your input on my approach with the dirt and all. :artist:

Let's get this party started...!

~sprout! Always a treat and an honor. You're always welcome to bring some of your baked treats too, but in lieu, grab a beer from the cooler. I'm just warming up the vape.

Pass the popcorn Frank.......I`m over here on my bucket Bro.......

Good luck....DHF.........

Glad to have you back DHF! There's a bucket somewhere for you, but just make sure you don't grab one that was just full of worm shit and seaweed.

hay thar hayday!

_D!

Sufferin' Succotash

Certainly! Spontaneous societal support's stupendous!

always a pleasure to sit and watch, im over here by DHF

hey josey, just heed the "which bucket" advice as per DHF.

Still waitin' for some folk, it looks like, but they can play kechup. Lezzroll.

I've been thinking lately about my dirt mix - I think lots about what kind of goodness is going in, but less about what kind of texture is going in. In fact, if I had to say, the most textural-oriented thing I think goin' on in the mix is the ProMix & its moss.

This was the latest kickdown from the store, which came at a perfect time:

picture.php

It's a perlite-sort of product, in terms of its "what-fer." Made of recycled materials - mostly recycled glass. I added this baggie to the usual dirt mix for a 5 gal container.

picture.php

I'll be experimenting with this in the Nightmare Diesel container. Last time, she gave about 3.75 oz, grown in a 5 gal container, with less veg time than this run. I'll also be adding teas more frequently this run - just keeping track of the variables here, fer smarts and reference.

I was really planning on tonight being the first of the flip for these ladies, but the StrawDD isn't bouncing back as quickly as I'd have thought from yesterday's transplant. Actually, I've never had this happen before - noticeable wilt after a transplant. Hmm.

Anyway, she ought to be back in biz in the next day or so, at which point, I think..

its_about_time.jpg

Bud-Boy

Veteran
boy you've gotten computer savvy there Mr..... a little digital personality....Love it!!
whod guess, a stoner w humor
soo many serious ass posters here, its a relief to have a(nother) fun poster

Postin up n hangin w a gro-bro

thinkin of actually mixin my indoor soils too

ill go w cocopith or coco-not instead of peat

going to try to phase out guanos after hearing of how destructive the mining for it as now that its demand is increased many fold in the last 5 years. Theres plenty of sources of the stuff we need, just may be slightly more inconvenient, but also may be necessary in the very near future to source locally...:crazy:

Are you preparing the soils to be a flower power batch? Minimal N support?? (Im being lazy and not looking into individual ingredients)

i like the idea of the growstone as long as they are inert, they look like a superior product
thought the close up was some bubble... durrrrr

Itd be cool if we can get the trailer fired up about the same time you're @ "go' w yours
got the panda up on thurs.... hey, its a start
clones are sittin on top the fridge, the need light

way ta grow kid.....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
BB! Good to see you - you're one of the stragglers I was hopin' would show up!

Meh - I figure that at some point, the reefer action will slow down or disappoint or something, so I finger maybe a little personality will keep the audience. :dunno:

Interesting stuff on the guano - I oughtta do some readings. I added the Indonesian this time to supplement the bone.

I've increased the amount of blood I used in this batch to boost the N.

On the coco-not, ~lil greensprout swears by 'em in his hydro setup. Not sure how they'd work in a dirt mix for the texture itself, but then, I know zip about coco to begin with, let alone faux coco. :shucks:

I'd say you oughtta get to mixin' the dirt mon frere. :D

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'm pretty sure I'll have the switch flipped here before y'all are done with the trailer. I'm just waiting on a thirsty transplant to come 'round -- y'all just hanged the panda. B told me he almost put a screw in his knee aleady - dude, you may have more hand-holding to do in more ways than you'd thought.. :laughing:

Stick around holmes - happy to have your attention, and maybe this fresh start (on my side) will be a good point of reference for B to understand some of the mechanics and the hows and whys. :)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
ill be watching this new run silver..all strain sound "killer" ehhh, already healthy and green!!
always pleasure watch and talk to you bro!!!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey kw31! Love seein' you 'round here. How are you enjoying the OGD smoke? :D I hope you find her as pleasantly morning-suited as I do! :joint:

Question for y'all. I can source local fresh chicken manure, but it's of course mixed in with cedar chips. Any reason I'd want to steer clear of the cedar chips in the garden?

Could be for inside left-handed veggies, or outdoor right-handed ones. Just looking for input before I go gather binsful.

:thank you:

Hey kw31! Love seein' you 'round here. How are you enjoying the OGD smoke? :D I hope you find her as pleasantly morning-suited as I do! :joint:

Question for y'all. I can source local fresh chicken manure, but it's of course mixed in with cedar chips. Any reason I'd want to steer clear of the cedar chips in the garden?

Could be for inside left-handed veggies, or outdoor right-handed ones. Just looking for input before I go gather binsful.

S'too cidic Silver.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
VG - good call on the input. Can you elaborate? The chicken poo or the cedar is too acidic?

Is it any more suitable if it sits for some time (a year or more) with other compost?

Just seems like it ought to be a decent resource (mostly since it's available), just have no reference or experience.

edit: Is it equally unsuitable for cannabis and the outdoor stuff (tomatoes/cukes/zukes/peppers/etc)...?

G

GMax

great garden gonna grow gigantic green gourmet ganja.generously

lol i am watching this