What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Zacklee

And the only reason I didn't replace the sprayers was because, .. Well. I dunno. Just got lost in the shuffle of WTF today, I think.

I smoked a few bongrips of ND before I made the trek, and I swear, I took the least efficient route around town EVAR.

I swear those two events and occurrences are unrelated.

bobblehead

Veteran
Actually, my :2cents: on the deal is that the one flowering appears to have the more slender leaves of the two.. :dunno:

Agreed. You're flowering a chem d, and vegging a straw dd. I know because the chem d leaves are thinner, and they point forward. Straw dd spreads her fingers out more, and has fatter leaves than the chem d.

I'll take pics of the confirmed moms to give you a better comparison.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Agreed. You're flowering a chem d, and vegging a straw dd. I know because the chem d leaves are thinner, and they point forward. Straw dd spreads her fingers out more, and has fatter leaves than the chem d.

I'll take pics of the confirmed moms to give you a better comparison.

Wahoo! :dance:

It's nice when someone I finger to be smarter'n me confirms my suspicions.. :D

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

Transplanted the next round to their bigger pots, in anticipation of their graduation. Next up will be:

One Strawberry Diesel x ChemD

One Blue Satellite 2.2

Two Nightmare Diesels.

It suddenly occurred to me that I need to figure out the next run after that. Once these four move up, I'll be left with the ND mom and a Golden Goat cutting that is being very hateful in turning the corner.

But so far, I'm painfully behind, I feel like.

I also realized, just now that the link in my signature under current project/whatever actually went to my last run. Heh. I swear, I'm the dumbest guy you know.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I come seeking your knowledge..

I come seeking your knowledge..

So here's the deal:

Currently, the bottom level has the black plastic mesh screening, to which I can train the plants.

The top level has reggalar 4" trellis netting. The plan was to grow the plants behind the trellising, with the netting to keep 'em from getting too floppy or too close to the light..

After the latest training on the ND, it's got me really appreciating that method of training. But, I don't care for the fact that it's black. So what I'm looking for, I think, is a mesh/netting/fence material that's rigid enough for me to train to, .. Even if I were to pull & staple the existing netting taut, I feel like it'll have more give than I want it to, to be effective in terms of what I'm looking for..

Even a horti-trellis I think would be too loosey-goosey, ..

Any ideas on a different material? Or am I being too anal, and can I just use the 4" netting & train 'em through (back and forth if need be) the netting?

Looking to get everyone kicked out wide, like the ND now..

:thank you:

Mister_D

Veteran
I like hog fence myself. 4x4" wire fence. Can be bought in 4x8' panels or 300' rolls from the local farm store. Same stuff ghettogro uses to make cages for his monster plants.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any ideas on a different material? Or am I being too anal, and can I just use the 4" netting & train 'em through (back and forth if need be) the netting?

Looking to get everyone kicked out wide, like the ND now..

:thank you:

that orange construction stuff marlo uses is perfect, ive seen it come in dark green also....
semi stiff plastic mesh

bobblehead

Veteran
Something to help you figure out what you have...

Chem D
picture.php

picture.php

Straw DD- you can clearly see the diesel influence in the Chem leaves
picture.php

picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
Hey budman, thanks for the kind words! :tiphat: You're a smidgen late, but I'm sure there's a seat for ya in the back. (Knowing the company I keep, someone is bound to get up for a beer or a dab sooner or later - I'd snake the seat when they boogie, but that's just me) :pimp3:

So I gave the cloner some serious cleanin'. Took pictures of the whole thing for y'all too. First I dismantled the manifold and soaked everything in bleach water overnight (~ 1:5 bleach:water if you're scoring at home).

Then I rinsed everything off under scalding hot water. Then I ran it for about 4 hours with 3% h2o2, roughly 1:2 h2o2:h2o.

Before I did the h2o2 run, I f*cked up reassembling the manifold, had to shorten one length of PVC, and that f'd up where one of the holes was for the sprayer.

..So I built a new manifold. All new PVC.

And I bought a new pump.

So at this point, the only thing "used" in the setup is the f*cking sprayers.

So the short of it is that I cleaned all this shit for no reason, as I just ended up rebuilding a new one with all fresh parts (sans sprayers).

:drum:

Let's clone, bitches. :joint:

bahahahaha, dont you just love doing this!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
oh no shit bobble you were right, fucking not chem d. i know it dosent really matter lol. thanks for the pics they help alot

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics from marlo's vert wall training

pics from marlo's vert wall training

i kno i already referenced marlo's WoW thread, but here are some fresh pics from his garden to give an great example of vertical training against a wall:

picture.php

looky dat girl all spread eagle, before flowering even starts. train then flip.

picture.php

i like the fans blowing upward right between the bulb and ladies.... good idea.

just some ideas & examples

silver hawaiian

Veteran
avinash.

The photo of Marlo's walls you posted is exactly why I posed the question "Will the regular old trellis netting be rigid/firm enough to allow me to train the plants to it?"

My gut tells me that it won't hold a candle to the training I can do with the rigid mesh screen, a la Marlos (and a la my lower level)..

Here's day 30:

Golden Goat

picture.php

Nightmare Diesel

picture.php

Veg

picture.php

Tester clones

picture.php

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
so cool. so when cut that down do you cut pieces of the wall as well? it seems like those nugs are tucked into it pretty good. i love that concept of a wall of weed.

i cannot wait to build a small room in our next house.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hi budman

The branches are just trained back against the fence, but not actually through the fence.

I take a length of zip-tie (anywhere from 3" to 9", depending on how far the branch is from the wall itself), bend one end of the zip-tie back on itself about 1/2" (creating a V), and that's the end I anchor/hook in the rigid squares on the screen/wall.

The other end gets [gently] wrapped around the branch I'm training.

So when I harvest, I just "unhook" the end from the screen/wall, and the plant is free.

It's nice in that it lets me train in a couple ways - I can pull branches "back" to flatten/straighten things out, but I can also train them up or down, to get the different branches nice and spread out, exposed to the light.

My conundrum lately has been this: While you can see the rigid black screen/grid/wall I have on the bottom, the top is just a jabrone 4" garden trellis. Initially, the plan was to plant the top row behind the trellis, and let 'em grow up and through and "into" the trellis, .. Basically, the trellis would simply keep them from flopping into the light. I suppose it'd provide some training "points" or options, but..

Now that I'm reminded how wide open I can get these plants with the rigid screen/grid/wall to train against/to, I'm really rethinking the idea of the trellis netting..

:joint:

Thanks for swingin' by

smilley

Veteran
Silver, this thread just gets better and better. What a wealth of info and quality pics from all concerned. And don't started on the pics from marlo's thread................

I really like the way the Nightmare Diesel splayed out for you. :rasta:

Watching and learnin bro :headbange

:rtfo::groupwave::groupwave:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i think you should train out and not up...i would think youd benefit from a longer veg and training them all around the room. a true wall of weed.