Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice1 bruva.. I was actually thinking lastnight about how I gonna go about staking two bulbs... Now I know! Thanks!

All I have todo is get the tripod, I have dozens of these reflectors stashed. I'm guessing Tobe staked I'd simply hang the other bulb?

Good tut HGO I may still be in contact for further confidence

Comment

vert candlestick holder

heres a quick and efficient holder just set on bricks or edge of hard containers surround with plants , add water !!! enjoy

Comment

Gettin an adjustable Ravelli Pro 65" tripod next month for about $40 & 1-2" wide 12" long 1/8th inch thick aluminum 6061 flat at speedymetals.com for $1-2 each and some big 7" channellock pliers over dishcloth to bend them 90 degrees. Drill and screw 6061 flat, bend in U shape 2-4" high & mount tripod with bulb fixture. I have a level as the tripod model I like doesn't.

Originally posted by angel4us View Post
        heres a quick and efficient holderView Image just set on bricks or edge of hard containers surround with plants , add water !!! enjoy
        You can also get the aluminum 6061 flats by the foot and bend and drill holes in them like you illustrated. Great idea, simple and cheap.
        Some love the plants & some like the gadgets, me personally I love the plants & the gadgets!

Organic hydro? Yes: surfactants, emulsifiers, pest control & micronutrients + chelation/absorption aids. Bennies in hydro? No.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration! works perfectly for my application.

Comment

Here you can use this to mount right to an aluminum plate to your camera tripod. As you see the assembly simply screws off so you don't even need to get the screws, just drill the right size holes diagonally and mount. Diagonally the fixture measures about 5.7" or 4" square so the top aluminum strip (that holds light fixture) should be at least 7" long, bent 2" high and I leave 7" again for bottom.

Sun System Socket Assembly 15 Foot:

Speedy Metals 6061 aluminum strip 1/8" x 2" x 16" for $3.20:

Some love the plants & some like the gadgets, me personally I love the plants & the gadgets!

Organic hydro? Yes: surfactants, emulsifiers, pest control & micronutrients + chelation/absorption aids. Bennies in hydro? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Hundred Gram Oz View Post
                Hello ICMag, I thought I'd write up a little tutorial thread on how I built my tripod lamp holder. There are a few ways that you can setup your lamps for a stacked vert grow, my last run I had 2 bulbs connected with chains which brought about some problems including dead zones and bulbs not being fully independent.

The new design leaves the 2 bulbs fully independent from each other and both bulbs will be fully adjustable to the correct height with ease plus it's very stable and will last a long time.

Items and tools required

Dutch Barn style reflector, you will want one with the aluminum strip that runs up the back of the shade, pictures below.
                A pair of pliers
                Drill
                Angle grinder
                Camera tripod
                Drill bit, bolt, & nut that need to be the correct size to fit through the tripods small mount piece.
                That's what makes this one of my favorite ideas for stacked bulbs. Fully adjustable and nothing hanging at all is blocking the lights. Thanks again Hundred Gram Oz!

Comment

Great Idea, will be making my own very soon. Love this section of the site, such innovative people. Thanks all

Comment

Great idea I got that stuff laying around

Comment

It works great lost.
                      2010 ICM 420 Growers Sativa Cup 1st Place Winner with - SSSDH

HGOs Winter Hydro SOG 2018
                      Current

Horizontal SOG Coco Grow
                      Finished
                      Coco DTW Grow Tips From HGO
                      HGO vs ICMag Finished
                      Multi Strain 3600w Stacked Grow Finished
                      Vertical Coco Stacked 600's Finished
                      Multi Strain Vertical Coco Finished
                      Benefits of Vertical Growing
                      Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow
                      SSSDH Grow Report *****

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Comment

next project sorted

Comment

I bought an e40 lamp fitting for $3 and wired my own but it has to be hung from the ceiling this looks a good solution for my bottom lamp and hang the top one

Top marks
                          GG4, GSC, BC Vertically, 400w hps

Comment

Goog idea!!!! Hahaha!!

Comment

I have a self-assembled double bulb vertical fixture...2 Hortilux 315 CMH ..the bottom one facing up and the top one facing down...The Ace Panama X Malawi love all the PAR

Comment

Great work.

Comment

Working...
                                X