What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

• Purple Peyote x Querkle [Hammerhead]

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Blubonic [SOL]

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Blue Satellite 2.2 [SOL]

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Hashberry [Mandala]

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey y'all, thanks for tuning in. Lots of thanks to go out in this one.. For ideas, inspiration, assistance, well-being, and general looking-after and out-for.. In no order, nameless, maj., bobble, Marlo, johnnybgood29, ~sprout, bud-boy, DHF, fhc, .. All those folks from whom I've learned & gained, in spades! Whether ya've known it or not, .. :peacock: <-- that's for y'all

So we're just getting started here. Newly constructed room, freshly vegging ladies, and here's what we'll be cookin' with, in likely order of into-the-oven:

Old Granddad

Nightmare Diesel (1 each x 3 phenos)

Insane Jane

Midnight Madness

Blackberry Banana Kush

The Space: 4' x 3' x ~6'

picture.php

Equipment:

Two 400w, stacked one atop the other, most likely both HPS.

Medium:

Soil mix to include FFOF, Pro Mix HP, greensand, bone meal, kelp meal, EWC, DE, azomite, EWC/Guano, Ancient Forest, cooked for ~ 8 weeks

picture.php

So, the whole goal from this project (aside from growing big fat juicy reefer) is to reduce my time in the garden.. So I've sort of front-loaded the project with lots of my time, hoping that it'll let me be more hands-off as things progress.. :artist:

Ultimately, what I'm shooting for is a sort of version of Marlo's Walls.. Basically, trying to build walls o' reefer around an 800 W column o' lumen-y goodness. I'm figuring I can cram 6-8 plants, of decent size (3' - 4') in my space, so let's see what we can do.

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
First up will be this Old Granddad, probably in a couple weeks:

picture.php

Followed by these Nightmare Diesels:

picture.php

...Followed shortly by some cuttings, etc..

Ultimately, to be tied up against these walls:

picture.php

I hope you'll stay tuned! It should be fun.. :dance013:

J

jonnybgood29

definately tagged my friend, cant wait to see how the nightmare diesel treats you!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
hell yeah.

werent you growing in a dr90?

i like the new setup. ready to see this veritcal thing again. i would miss growing fat colas.

looking good and really excited about your nightmore deisel

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Oh hell yes brotha...:tiphat:
I'm gonna do an all dirt run next time too, giving me a chance to
break down all my gear and set up a new hydro/stadium grow :biggrin: !
If'n you don't mind I'll be a peep'n yours for inspiration/ideas ?

P.S. your OGD looks like a winner bro, love'n the 3 bladed leaves too,
must be all that sexy soil, lots of good things mixed in there no doubt !

:lurk: sub'd with much... :respect:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
jbg29 Thanks man! :tiphat: Keep it tuned here! :dance:

budman It was some off-brand jabrone tent, 30" x 30" .. I decided to commit a few extra sq ft and grow a bit smarter (if I may..? Dangerous statement, from moi..)

DHF So lucky to have your company! Feel free to observe and interject, all at once! :dance:

~sprout Peep & creep all you like! We're all going to learn something here, all at my expense! The ~sprout stadium intrigues me! Can't wait to see :D

Rest else, .. Well, thanks for showin' up! I hope I don't disappoint. At the least, learn from my blunder, eh? :shucks:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good. I'm very interested to see how your soil mix treats you - I tried a just-add-water mix when I first started with the blumats, but it ran out of steam about the 3rd-4th week of flowering. I'd like to get back to it, and am always happy to ride on someone else's shoulders! Good luck.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about time to rock this house!
im so excited to see this thread rise up from the dust!
SPEAK YOUR WILL INTO THE WORLD AND MAKE IT SO!

P

puma

hello SILVER:woohoo:
ahhh i see some of my work has made into your hands AWESOME and i hope you like what you get from those two!!..and a big THANK YOU to whom ever passed you some of my GEAR the more the merry indeed..
enjoy:peacock:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

:thank you:

But, don't let me put the cart ahead of the horse.. The magic clone-o-bucket doesn't seem to be doing much magic lately. I put all cuttings (and a mangled piece of abused Midnight Madness that snapped in two) in the bucket last Friday. Usually, I'd have roots by now - at least some bumpies..

I checked the MM this morning - seems to be rotting at the base of [what used to be] its stem. Still green and lush on top.

The BBKs are barking the loudest - lotsa yellow, then leaf rot, on the bottoms..

IJ's are green and champ-y lookin', but still no root-y action..

That's on tonight's agenda - clean out the bucket, run some bleach water through it, and see if everyone chills a bit and gets some damned legs growin'..

At some point, I need to make the decision to let these cuts try'n root, or to just scrap 'em and take some fresh OGD cuts.

Time and energy permitting, :kewlpics: tonight..? :dunno:

J

jonnybgood29

guilty as charged my friend, couldnt resist, i know how good they are!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
So here is the lame ass clone party.. Nobody really wanting to dangle their toes in the pool. Buncha uptight broads.

picture.php

I'm a little stumped - first time I've ever had anything NOT root in that bucket, .. And this appears to be the whole lot of 'em.. ?!

You'll see the bottom of the Midnight Madness lady.. She was in some serious distress when I got her - snapped clean off the stem out of the pot, and smashed to boot. So I just jammed what was left of her in the cloner, removed a few fans, .. And kept my fingers crossed. :shucks:

picture.php

It's not looking so well for her, .. Just cleaned out the rez, ran some bleach water through it for a good 30 minutes or so.. And back in they went.

Also got the rest of the blumat line run, so's when we start moving 'em into the oven, we can just plug 'em right in..

picture.php

:dunno: I finger I'll give it another week or so on the cuttings, and then it'll be decision-time.. Worst case, I'll thin out the OGD and make some of copies of that..

Edit: You'll see some chain hanging down, .. I was muckin' with the sockets, tryin' to hang 'em tonight.. And the f*ckers don't want to hang straight for me. (Story of my life - always a lil' to the left)

I was just using plain ol' chain and s-hooks to connect the chain to the socket, and hanging from a screw hook on the ceiling. Even when I put lots of slack in the cord itself (so it's not tugging on the socket), it still wants to get all konkywompus.

Am I underthinking this whole hanging thing? I see that some of y'all vert pros have it all rigged up nice'n fancy-like with some cable, but I've also seen some of y'all have success with just the chain. What the hell am I doin' wrong? Also, it may be worth noting, this dickin' I was doing tonight was withOUT the bulbs in the sockets. Though I'd be surprised if that was the difference maker in keeping it hangin' straight? I can't imagine a bulb is a sufficient counterweight to whatever the heck is goin' on.

Last edited:
J

jonnybgood29

put the bulbs in and youll be surprised. plus i use yoyo type light hangers. 2 of them on hook at separate ends of the room, so i can adjust the height just by grabbing and pulling, and move it more forward or rearward to accomodate different plants, but i am not true vertical either.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hmm. Tried that, had moderate success, briefly, then fucked it all up, and now can't get it back. And am also now convinced there is a better way to build this mousetrap.

Latest posts

Latest posts