What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

• Purple Peyote x Querkle [Hammerhead]

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Blubonic [SOL]

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Blue Satellite 2.2 [SOL]

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Hashberry [Mandala]

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
dude he can totally get a lb! it's 800w [edit] in here!

those NDs look like 3--4 oz each :joint:

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
they grow up so fast!

picture.php

^^^ four short weeks ago

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman - no question on the learning curve, .. But stay tuned, and hopefully I'll prove you wrong this time 'round. :tiphat:

heady - thanks for the encouragement! It's actually 800W - two 400's, .. But to be honest, I'm not sure that a lb is far off - even at half a gram per watt, which is about what I was pulling down with the lights overhead, .. :D

And they do grow up so fast! Good thing these broads don't need any college fund.

bonzo - thanks for stopping in!

foof - thanks for the company! If you're a man of few words, you don't have to say much here. ..But just keep your hands out of your pockets, so you don't make any of my other guests nervous.. ;)

Just added some Ful-Power to the rez last night. I've done this a couple times intermittently so far. Anyone with any humic extract experience, please do chime in with your mileage on the application! :thank you:

Last edited:
G

greenmatter

looks like you are more comfortable in the garden than you are at the work bench:)

looks good man!!!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
heady, if you look at the Old Grandad in that picture you posted, versus the day 34 update. Not much bigger, but fatter.. :D

Raptures are behavin' the same way too. :dunno:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
some plants stretch and some don't i guess...

my to x bmr stayed sooo squat, but she stacked tons of internodes in the meantime. currently is approaching 90% flowers lol.

i love growing out some variety! many learning opportunities :D

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i know you can do it brother.

i pulled just under a LB with a 600 watt...second run ever....learning so much.

i have yet to do clone runs. always start from seed, i bet i would learn so much about a plant if i ran her over and over again

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
why aren't you cloning budman?

plant numbers?

i'm still gettin the hang of it myself. i just put 31 cuts to root, all from my flowering plants. i not expecting much but i hope at least some of them make it!

someotherguy

Veteran
why aren't you cloning budman?

plant numbers?

i'm still gettin the hang of it myself. i just put 31 cuts to root, all from my flowering plants. i not expecting much but i hope at least some of them make it!

hey man, have you looked at the Walmart cloner concept? ...if you follow a few simple rules you almost can't fail.

i've been working on learning to clone in straight coco and it does work, and well, but there IS a learning curve.

picture.php

...for example my last coco clone run was a dismal failure, only 6 rooted from 20 cuts. ...so i broke out my Walmart cloners and took 54 cuts, lol, i had 20 seedlings i needed to sex and i wanted multiples of each in case i had anything worth keeping.

...it'll be 14 days on friday when i'll be potting up and except for one that just shriveled up and died right away, it looks like the other 53 are all rooted already.

...this is what to expect.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...something worthy of note is that i have found that if i just pot up one of these rooted plugs the vermiculite holds the stem too loosely so i've learned to keep a big bowl of tepid water to dunk and rinse the vermiculit off before potting up.

...if you'd like more info i posted a link to the original thread where i learned the tech in the first post of my clonebox build linked in my sig.

...believe me man, you learn to clone in these Walmart cloners and you will NEVER worry about cloning again.

peace, SOG

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Awesome stuff guys - I love to see peeps sharin' the know-how and their mileage.. :artist:

For the longest, I used a dome and rockwool, .. That was decent, maybe 75/25% or so, then started failing, went to rapid rooters and added a heat mat.. Worked solid for a good while.. Then became so-so, .. Then I went to an aerocloner bucket deal, powered by this (have since added more sprayers):

picture.php

.. And that was ROCK. SOLID for a few good months. Thought I'd found the new solution. Then, this last time around, 0/15.

Back to the rapid rooters, tray, dome, and heat mat, .. Bingo-bango, back to 100%.

I moved a couple of the Raptures out of the doorway today and got in a little closer, .. (The donut/marlo-WoW I have goin' on is not conducive to getting into the garden) I think I may've been a bit generous in what I left on some of the lower branches on this first wave (OGD, ND1, ND4), .. Got to snipping off a few more today, but it's a nice learning experience. I'd initially thought that I could leave longer, lower branches on (even lollipopping them basically), but it turns out they're pretty half-assed.

I'm really excited for this Old Grandad - it's not stretched much at all, but I think it's going to end up being 6-7 rock-solid donks. :dance:

(More chicken-counting - oops)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Weird stuff going on with one of the cuts. The ND #4 cut started throwin' these funky lookin' leaves, bladed, but no serration to 'em, .. Like smooth, roundish leaves - weird. Back to three fingers too.

I'll post a photo if I'm not too forgetty when I get back to the spot..

L

LouDog420

rounded leaves, no serration.. Increase finger numbers... Your girl is revegging, gotta figure out why. Check those lights broski....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
rounded leaves, no serration.. Increase finger numbers... Your girl is revegging, gotta figure out why. Check those lights broski....

Oh, well sheeyit. I can live with that! :tiphat:

Thanks for the quick attention LouDog! I was kind of vague in the first post..

These are the cuts I'd taken off of the batch that's flowering now, .. Most were taken within 14 days of 12/12, but I do remember sneaking one or two a bit later..

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that the gal with the weirdness is in fact in the veg tent, just in a lowly beer cup. :)

Interesting - so that's a normal back-to-veg thing? I typically have taken my cuts just at the beginning of flower, so perhaps I've taken 'em early enough that I've not ever seen this..? :dunno:

:thank you::thank you:

L

LouDog420

Good to hear it's a clone ;)

Anytime I take cuts after 10+ days into flower, they always go through a bit of reveg. You should be good to go brother, no worries
tiphat.gif

silver hawaiian

Veteran
For more info scroll down link to "monster cropping"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115377&highlight=monstercrop

*also from my own exp they make great multistrainbonzai mums. Hmmm should we call that MSBM's to really confuse the laymen? :p Nice to see things coming in so nicely for you.

+1 for sure. That may make some sense in terms of explaining my megabushy Old Grandad (or maybe it was the 2x topping :redface: )

.. It was taken about 10 days in, and had some funkiness to it before she finally came 'round..

Good stuff dude - very interesting. I did pinch the stem on the ND #2 - she was getting pretty leggy on me, so it was more in the effort of slowing down some stretch vs. a "super cropping" attempt.. :dunno:

However it applies itself in my garden, this is some good information for some other folk to know - could be just a fairly small adjustment in terms of when someone might take cuts for the next round, to make a potentially significant difference in the stature of the resulting clone.. :respect:

Back corner seat... That diesel is big enough I cant see out... Great grow SH I have a 600 over a 250 and about the same size cab for my first vert... I hope your yields are huge.... That way I will know what to expect. Lol.. god luck

Latest posts

Latest posts