What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k vertical Doughnut round two

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Spinning the plants manually will drop your numbers.

I second that. You would deprive your plants of half the light it would get. The plant grows to the light. The side facing the light will be just as big as light overhead...

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
OK off to a slow start, going to be boring until these little girls get up to speed.. I decided to fill the last bucket with a Valley OG clone, not sure if this is a good choice so I may swap her out (undecided) Notice the larger bucket plumbing.. When the clones get a little taller I plan to cover the buckets with white Panda circles like last run.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I don't have the 1k and mover installed yet but I think the 600w HPS will take care of these little clones for a week or so until I have the time to install the 1k and yo yo mover

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
woohoo, seems like I missed this one for a while but here I am bro, pulling up my chair to follow along :lurk:

bobblehead

Veteran
You make me wanna build a RDWC system myself bro... but I have enough problems with shit malfunctioning... Good luck with this new grow!

420ish

how did you work on the back plants last time,when they were big?i looked thru the other thread,and the only comment you made was around day 24.hope this one beats the last!

Mister_D

Veteran
Fashionably late to the party, but I hope there's room for one more in here. Ready to watch you kill it again. Glad to see you are back around aero.

C

canavi

That is a surgical grow room. Can't wait for them to get a little bigger.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
how did you work on the back plants last time,when they were big?i looked thru the other thread,and the only comment you made was around day 24.hope this one beats the last!

I run a system designed after the first run. What I do its have a couple of spare buckets that I put the plants into so that I can get to the back corners, screens and all. Its a bit of a pita, but you really only need to do that 3-4 times each run.

Grizz

Veteran
good choice with the valley og, you will be wishing you had did more than one.

St3ve

Looking good man. I just got through your other thread and looks like you did an excellent job. Can't wait to watch things progress here.

So, what made you decide to go with a single 1k on a mover instead of the 400/600 you did last time?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Looking good man. I just got through your other thread and looks like you did an excellent job. Can't wait to watch things progress here.

So, what made you decide to go with a single 1k on a mover instead of the 400/600 you did last time?

I want to try the 1k on a mover because it will increase penetration through the canopy and let me move the plants in a larger circle (bigger doughnut). The only unknown is that I may lose canopy height due to single moving source of light v.s. the more spread out 1k via 400 + 600

I have a feeling the single light source of the 1k will yield more than two spread out lights at the same wattage..

The grow is off to a slow start as expected, my clones were not in the best shape and took forever to begin growth. Nothing too interesting yet but all 8 ladies are alive and beginning to punch roots out of the 10" pots.. Should have some interesting pics soon..

BldSwtTrs

I have a feeling the single light source of the 1k will yield more than two spread out lights at the same wattage..

Hey aero I agree. I ran two identical systems with different lighting schemes to test this out. System 1 had two 750w bulbs (1ks dimmed to 750) while system 2 had just the 1k bulb. System 2 yielded proportionally more gpw than system one. Meaning system 1 did NOT yield 50 percent more than system 2.

One thing to consider though is how using two lights will affect your nug quality. In my experiment, the quality of nug was much more evenly distributed in system 1. In system two the nugs that were farthest away from the light were not nearly as good as the top nugs.

That being said, it seems you are proposing a light mover which might fix that problem. Just my 2 cents...

Now... post sum moar pix! Best of luck man :smoker:

D

DHF

Hey Bro ....2 lights stacked on top of each other will allow plants to grow closer to the bare bulbs without light bleaching or scorching as long as the light penetration sideways will get to the deepest colas , and that`s how yas dial a vert setup.....

The single bulb on a mover will allow plants to grow closer to it as long as there `s still that slow column of air assisting underneath for heatgain dissipation....but ....

Rest assured that 1000 watt bulbs will bleach and scorch the fuck out of a plant if they fly too close to the sun so again , dial how close the plants grow toward the bulb till end of stretch and adjust accordingly.........

Good luck comin back AH....I`ll be over here on my bucket......

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....