1k vertical Doughnut round two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onwards and Upwards

Ay ay captain! Good things happen in good time, were all on the edges of our seats now brother.

HGO
    2010 ICM 420 Growers Sativa Cup 1st Place Winner with - SSSDH

HGOs Winter Hydro SOG 2018
    Current

Horizontal SOG Coco Grow
    Finished
    Coco DTW Grow Tips From HGO
    HGO vs ICMag Finished
    Multi Strain 3600w Stacked Grow Finished
    Vertical Coco Stacked 600's Finished
    Multi Strain Vertical Coco Finished
    Benefits of Vertical Growing
    Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow
    SSSDH Grow Report *****

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
      I have to upgrade all of the drains as expected, they barely keep up.. got one of those clay pebbles stuck in there and had a lil flood last night...lol Going to move them all from 1/2 to 3/4 and I should have the clones sorted by then..
      I made all my drain lines 1". They have a nice 1" tub drain that fits very well on my 5g buckets. They are $3.69 a piece I think.
      Ricky's Dope Barn

sigpic

Gorilla Glue #4, GSC Forum Cut, AC/DC (20:1 CBD)

Comment

Looking great aero. Lurked in your first thread,was worried with everyone else after the little vaca, but it is good to hear you are ok. Definitely going to rock it soon. Keep it green homey.

aod
        sigpic

Originally posted by Moonshine*
        Dont put much faith in shit u read , instead put faith in what u learn through practical application.
        The beauty of the cannabis trade is that it, while providing the high risk/reward levels of any profitable illegal business, unlike most other illegal businesses is one that can be done without in any way compromising one's moral standing or principles. The provision of cannabis to the existing market is, almost uniquely among illegal business endeavors, potentially not tainted by the harm it does to others. It can be done in a completely ethical way- even if it isn't always, it can be.

*Disclaimer* All pictures and written material are completely fictitious in nature, and in no way, matter or form a realistic depiction of my life. All of this is for entertainment purposes only.

Link-Library

Comment

last run has created a little pressure on me for this one.

...thats total jokes. Those "big shoes" you need to fill...there your own. Hitz a hit, miss isa miss.
          sigpic

Comment

Well done

I think I got everything but lets double check...

3/4" fittings? -...name brand?? (plumbing department I am guessing?)
            1- 8w pump in reservoir feeding custom manifold...is for top feeding?
            what pump is slowly moving the water?

bleach- ? spoons per gallon? how often?
            bayer advanced pest products -Narnia?

did I miss any tricks...?...yoda

Comment

Hi Aero been sneaking around for a while here at ICM and followed ur previous grow from a-z as I will with this one.
              Just ment to say kudos for ur last pull and g-luck with this round. And well tbh ur a big part of why I finally joined cause I might have some questions comming ur way in a few months regarding DWC - if u donĀ“t mind that is.

Oh also since u gonna be tinkering at ur drains anyway - why not add some screen in front of each drain hole to prevent clogging?

keepem comming - subbed

Comment

Good news, looks like the grow is starting tonight! Someone gifted me a rack of clones and I picked up all the 3/4" fittings today to mod the drains.

I took the day off to fit the new drains and select the clones..

Here are the choices:

LA Confidential
                Hindu Kush X Blueberry
                Romulan
                Valley OG
                Romulan Blueberry (different cut than last run)

I need to select 6 of these because the two Magenta99 ladies already claimed seats in this run..
                Link to my Aeroponic PC grow

1K Vertical DWC grow

1k Vertical Doughnut round two

DGS Magenta99

Comment

Good news, looks like the grow is starting tonight! Someone gifted me a rack of clones and I picked up all the 3/4" fittings today to mod the drains.

I took the day off to fit the new drains and select the clones..

Here are the choices:

LA Confidential
                  Hindu Kush X Blueberry
                  Romulan
                  Valley OG
                  Romulan Blueberry (different cut than last run)

I need to select 6 of these because the two Magenta99 ladies already claimed seats in this run..
                  Sounds like everything is coming together!

I've run the same cut of LA Confidential on & off for 6 years now. She doesn't do well in multi-strain grows because she vegges so slowly. She's the most unique ganj I've ever grow in terms of vegging needs and growth patterns. She'll need 3-4 months of veg time to finish at a similar size to the others, assuming you're still planning on giving them about 2 months of veg time. My buddies & I call her "The Great Oak Tree" because she vegges so slowly and the branches are so stiff & hard to train. Great product though. Just thought you should know in case you haven't run LAC before.

After watching your last grow I built myself a "mini-donut". . . can't wait to see another run!

Comment

Whatever you do, try to keep the strain that is most similar to the Magenta 99. We run similar systems, and I love not having to worry about the different needs etc... Imagine what you woulda pulled on that first run mono-cropped!
                    Ricky's Dope Barn

sigpic

Gorilla Glue #4, GSC Forum Cut, AC/DC (20:1 CBD)

Comment

Better late than never I guess. I will be watching from back here. Best of luck with this run man, glad to have you back.
                      All My Children
                      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
                      Easy Smart Pot Transplant

So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Comment

that valley og is one bad cut, bad as in great, hardest thing to root i have ever had but the end product is AAA
                        proud user of PERFECT GROWER NUTRIENTS

Comment

Originally posted by B. Self Reliant View Post
                          Sounds like everything is coming together!

I've run the same cut of LA Confidential on & off for 6 years now. She doesn't do well in multi-strain grows because she vegges so slowly. She's the most unique ganj I've ever grow in terms of vegging needs and growth patterns. She'll need 3-4 months of veg time to finish at a similar size to the others, assuming your still planning on giving them about 2 months of veg time. My buddies & I call her "The Great Oak Tree" because she veggers so slowly and the branches are so stiff & hard to train. Great product though. Just thought you should know in case you haven't run LAC before.

After watching your last grow I built myself a "mini-donut". . . can't wait to see another run!
                          Good lookin out, this is the kind of info I needed, I almost ran that cut.. Thanks for saving me the trouble...

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanecares View Post
                            I think I got everything but lets double check...

3/4" fittings? -...name brand?? (plumbing department I am guessing?)
                            1- 8w pump in reservoir feeding custom manifold...is for top feeding?
                            what pump is slowly moving the water?

bleach- ? spoons per gallon? how often?
                            bayer advanced pest products -Narnia?

did I miss any tricks...?...yoda
                            The 3/4 fittings are made by Hydro Farm and I picked them up at local grow store. They don't have them at Home Depot.

The 8 watt pump was last run feeding one bucket, this run Im using a 40 watt Beckett pond pump to feed all 8 buckets.. The water is slowly moved back to the res by gravity through the 3/4 lines.

Bleach, I use around 5 drops per gallon, I add a few drops to the res when I don't smell a faint odor of bleach when removing the lid to the res..

Bayer products: Im using Bayer advanced to treat for root aphids since the clones are of unknown origin.

Bayer Advanced treats everything except spider mites for these I use Bayer Complete. These can be found at most stores including Home Depot.

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

The 3/4 fittings are made by Hydro Farm and I picked them up at local grow store. They don't have them at Home Depot.

The 8 watt pump was last run feeding one bucket, this run Im using a 40 watt Beckett pond pump to feed all 8 buckets.. The water is slowly moved back to the res by gravity through the 3/4 lines.

Bleach, I use around 5 drops per gallon, I add a few drops to the res when I don't smell a faint odor of bleach when removing the lid to the res..

Bayer products: Im using Bayer advanced to treat for root aphids since the clones are of unknown origin.

Bayer Advanced treats everything except spider mites for these I use Bayer Complete. These can be found at most stores including Home Depot.
                              Can you clarify the Bayer as this is what I have and it only has clover mites listed for mites.

I personally am using abamectin for mites currently. 1/4 tsp per gallon. It is sold by the quart for $100 and will last you forever. It kills the eggs and adults. But I think it is good to switch around to prevent immunity in the mites to one product.
                              sigpic

Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104

Vertical Scrogg
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

LED vertical scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

Comment

The Bayer bottle you pictured is the one I use to kill root aphids.. I'm pretty sure the Bayer I used for mites said complete up in the red portion of the label instead of advanced. I will have to check the bottle and let you know...

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

Working...
                                X