What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800W stacked vertical tent

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Gospel. Final pot size and the veg routine leading up to it (because they're both linked!!!) is where you make your money and will be one of the main if not the main variable you'll need to dial in over time. Your flowering room is like a hospice. . . it's just where your plants go to die.

If you think less plants in larger pots is a change that's worth making, in order to do it right, you'll need to plan on it from the first day of veg.

Gotcha. Lesson learned. Nothing goes into that tent without a 3 gallon bag in the future (unless it's a long-flowering sativa, obviously).

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Here we are at 3.5 weeks through flower. Things are starting to get interesting. Growth changes are daily at this point.

B

B. Self Reliant

I like how you have the second bulb positioned to benefit from the cooltube. You're making me think I need to go out, drop the $600 and finally be done with my 600 watt to 2x400- watt upgrade. . .

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I like how you have the second bulb positioned to benefit from the cooltube. You're making me think I need to go out, drop the $600 and finally be done with my 600 watt to 2x400- watt upgrade. . .

The cooltube is neato, and helps alot with centering the bulb, but I will say this: with the air coming up under it, it tends to do a bit of swinging about. This causes it to modestly bump against the cooltube. I know this because I can hear a very subtle "ting, ting, ting" coming from the tent when I'm near it. I don't think the bulb itself is at harm, but it's distressing nonetheless. I might try bare with it soon, as I don't think the leaves are at risk of entering the space of the bulb.

L

LouDog420

The cooltube is neato, and helps alot with centering the bulb, but I will say this: with the air coming up under it, it tends to do a bit of swinging about. This causes it to modestly bump against the cooltube. I know this because I can hear a very subtle "ting, ting, ting" coming from the tent when I'm near it. I don't think the bulb itself is at harm, but it's distressing nonetheless. I might try bare with it soon, as I don't think the leaves are at risk of entering the space of the bulb.

That would scare the shit outta me... One too many tings, and you get a boom, exploding bulb... :ying:

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
That would scare the shit outta me... One too many tings, and you get a boom, exploding bulb... :ying:

That's why I'm going to fix it. It's so infrequent, and so light that I don't worry too much about it at the moment, but yeah, it needs to be taken care of.

420ish

looks good.it looks like the height of the plants are only up to the bottom bulb?if so,i would only run the bottom bulb!

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
5th week through flower. Admittedly, I've been picking the popcorn buds from the back sides of the plants to... "defoliate"... ;)

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
BTW, decided to move the MH a bit lower. This is about as close as I can get comfortably, and there's perhaps too much overlap :)

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
6 weeks through. I rotated these around a bit, can't remember why, but because of the different placement the sizes will appear radically different. Think I'm going to start "leeching" with plain water now.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
My last C99 took about 8 weeks, so I expect about the same. I imagine some will go earlier and others later, obviously.

B

B. Self Reliant

So. . . with stretch over and only about 2 weeks left, how do you like the vertical method overall?

Has it been what you expected?