X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you dont mind me tagging along.
    Looking great btw.
    Turn your problems into new solutions.

Here we go again (MIS, Kritical Kush,Motavation,Suicide Cheese, OG Pest, Blues and many others)
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274159

Adventure in Morocco
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=182914

Wizards of Oz Testers MBS&Z99
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228036

Ganesh Deep Strawberry Diesel
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225420

A Life full of stupid shit is a well fertilized Life
    Make your own mistakes and please donĀ“t miss the lessons hidden within them

Comment

It's one week later and they've already grown, some of them substantially (an inch or two). I culled two males. They're sucking up water and nutes like crazy.

Haze lovers read: "R" - "Indica Madness" circa 1983: 1 2 & 3

800 W vertical stacked vertical tent

Comment

looking very good bro! Blowing up for sure

Any chance you can flip the bulbs orientation around?

Significantly less light is emitted from the base of the bulb compared to the tip. I'd try it so the bottom bulb is pointing upwards, and the top bulb is pointing down. Focusing all that light towards the middle, most productive section, just a little thing to consider that may help.

Toke it easy

Comment

Originally posted by LouDog420 View Post
          looking very good bro! Blowing up for sure

Any chance you can flip the bulbs orientation around?

Significantly less light is emitted from the base of the bulb compared to the tip. I'd try it so the bottom bulb is pointing upwards, and the top bulb is pointing down. Focusing all that light towards the middle, most productive section, just a little thing to consider that may help.

Toke it easy
          I was actually thinking of doing this with a 48" cooltube, which is about $170. I'm a cheap bastard so I'm holding off at the moment but will likely upgrade. It would also stabilize things distance-wise in the room.

Comment

Lookin' good. What a difference a week around a HPS will make!

I thought about a double cool tube too. . . even if just to stabilize the lights, keep them in one spot & allow me to work around a bulb that's off (but still hot) without burning myself or having to raise the lamp up. I'm not sure about the loss of light though.

Your garden will have the bulbs orientated with the sockets towards the ceiling/floor once the bulbs are properly stacked around taller plants, right?

Comment

Originally posted by B. Self Reliant View Post
              Your garden will have the bulbs orientated with the sockets towards the ceiling/floor once the bulbs are properly stacked around taller plants, right?
              Come again?

My plan is to use that cooltube (which I just found a deal on and bought), on top of the fan, with no other tubing. I'm actually going to elevate the plants on a platform to get more control over the height of the cooltube, if that makes sense.

Comment

Got it.

Comment

taged up
                  :dance013::ying::dance013:

Comment

pulling up a chair,absorbing much needed info.happy trails

Comment

Looking good FunnkyG!
                      Iron City Seeds

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Comment

Cool Funkervogt, I like it!

Peace and wishing you a great harvest in 2012.

Comment

sigpic
                          mega and anti's excellent adventure
                          anti's 800w mini colosseum
                          anti's microstealth 3000
                          micro group

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert. I am not a guru. I am just some guy who is here to learn - just like you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Comment

So I couldn't get the dual cooltube posted above because of outrageous shipping charges. Basically, the unit is too fragile to ship with regular packaging, so it's shipped on its own slate. This makes the shipping charges over $100.

Instead, under the advisement of someone at one of the companies, I'm going to get 2x 23inch cooltube knockoffs and mount them vertically. This is ideal anyway because i have more control over their position, and the cord is placed out of the side instead of the top/bottom.

Comment

Wishing there was a cheap and efficient way to set up a vertical scrog in tents like that.

You know... sturdy, modular, cheap. I can imagine not needing the cooltubes at all if you could pin those plants to the walls, eh?

Looking really cool in there regardless.

Stay Safe!

Comment

make individual vert screens like marlo's original racks.you can make 8 racks around 16 inches wide with 2x2 wood 3 feet tall screwed into a pie shaped piece of plywood.use a 16 inch piece of 2x2 across the top.it is basically a 16 wide by 36 inch tall rectangle mounted to a pie shaped piece of plywood.the base is pie shaped so you can fit the eight of them in a circle around your lights.mount your choice of fencing for your screen.wood is alot cheaper then buying all that pvc like marlos.i used 4 inch squere fencing for my screen.those dimensions make a complete 44 to 46 inch circle around your light.these diminsions will work for up to 4 foot circle but all you have to do is modify sizes to accomidate what area you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X