Kroggi's Vertical Tubes #2 Legends of Ultimate Indica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kroggi's Vertical Tubes #2 Legends of Ultimate Indica

Changed to White Russian instead of Legends of Ultimate Indica, read why here

So... It's time for a new round, and since the last one with White Russian which can be seen HERE, has ended... I had to do some improvements, cleanings and some other stuff to get this run ready.

The strain i will be running this time will be LUI - Legends of Ultimate Indica, got around 70 clones with small roots now, and gonna have them set in the new Ebb & Flow setup im gonna try out, to make some roots, and then when they have long enough roots, they will be placed in the vertical setup to get a good grow start.

The vertical setup got a facelift aswell, i removed the panda plastic (black and white), cleaned the tubes on the outside, taped over the holes, put a pressure washer in and blew it clean on the inside, from each hole... Removed the tape and added some new insulated reflection. Insulated as there flamingo on the backside, so the pipes wont be heated up that much compaired to before. Also i leveled the tubes out so theres a minor fall towards the end, and bought some dams to put in aswell if thats gonna be needed. And lastly, a new reservoir of 170 liters instead of the old 65 liter res

A few pics before the plants gets in, should be in order... So here you go

Pictures showing:
    Roots and plastic on tubes, before it got cleaned out.
    Tubes with tape, before the high pressure cleaning.
    The new insulation and reflection on the tubes (still missing a bit).
    And the Ebb & Flow setup with 5 x 18w lights.

Questions and comments, are more than welcome.
    Attached Files
    Kroggi's Vertical Tubes #1 White Russian - Completed
    Kroggi's Vertical Tubes #2 White Russian (postponed LUI thread) - Completed
    ... Busted on 7th of dec 2012. No more growing for me :(

wow. gonna be sick. i got front row seats. good luck

Comment

Tagged.....this is going to be very interesting.....LUI13.....is one of my "before I stop growing I gotta run dis beotch strains"

keep it green, love your design as well!
      Iron City Seeds

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Comment

tagged

enter here

Originally posted by NSPB
        The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Comment

gotta seat for this one good luck

Comment

Thanks guys... Will update as soon as theres anyhing to update with

Comment

Hey, wish you fun and luck for this !

building in a dam is a good idea, dont forget that the circling water needs enough O² and should be at a temp of about ~21-23°C. btw what size is ur pump?
              Well and if you have time and money left you could think about pushing the RH in the veg and early flower time with some of these foggers http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/550768/3-FACH-NEBLER

in the last thread i read about your ec at 1,3-1,5. All really experienced growers do not try to push the limits of what a plant can eat...they try to find a "diet" so the plants are always hungry and want to eat everything they get.. so over the long-range they eat more as if you push the ec to the limit!

just my 2 cents :>
              Success is 5% talent and 95% hard work!

Comment

Hi Kroggi

Do you know how much water the pipes hold when you've flooded them? (Roughly will do).

LUI will be a very good strain for this system nice solid colas bud from top to toe It has a tendency to mold though because of the sweet tooth genetics so watch out for the humidity and maybe pull leafs for better circulation near the end.

Rooting for you mate! I know you can hit a gpw with those genes
                Barneys Amnesia Lemon- Current

1st Vert grow

Blueberry Headband, Lost Coast OG, QoD, Riri Sour D

Nightmare Kush S2 and Queen of Diamonds (QoD) test grow

Exodus Cheese, OG#18, DNA OG Kush, Motivation & AK47

AN Bud Candy vs Molasses/Panela trial

Root Riot vs Jiffy Pellets - Winner: Jiffy pellets

Comment

@Shhh - Hey bro, and welcome to second round

@CannabisFox - Thanks m8. The pump size for the vertical system i believe is a 1000 liter / hour pump. Ive allways wanted to try a fogger, but dunno m8. I want to have the system dialed in before adding new things, such as a fogger. It would most likely be a future addition, but for now, tuning the system in is what i got my mind set for :P

Hm, interresting "2 cents" about the EC... Never thought about it that way, but, im gonna put it to the test Thanks :P

@shhh - I believe the tubes hold around 40 - 50 liters of solution without dams installed. It all depends on the size of the pump really, as u could have a smaller pump than what i have, and settle with 20 liters in the system.

I lost a few clones due to too much water with the clones, so im down to 59 currently, and i just moved the survivors with roots, to the ebb&flow system, where they will be for the next 2 weeks more or less But im hopeing for a high yield this time 1 gpw would be acceptable :P hehe. I actually got the toothless grin aswell, but i dont think ill be running that with the vertical system tho...

New average plant yield will now be 20.4g instead of 18.75. Should be doable

Added one picture of the clones put into the ebb&flow system.

njoy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cuuuute those little babys

check out heath's posts about ec and nutrients
                    http://www.rollitup.org/hydroponics-...ertical-5.html
                    http://www.rollitup.org/hydroponics-...rtical-10.html
                    http://www.rollitup.org/hydroponics-...rtical-16.html
                    I needed to check it ^^
                    Success is 5% talent and 95% hard work!

Comment

Something bad have happened... Ive been on vacation, and while ive been that, one of my timers have popped... That timer controlled the watering of the new clones, which led to starvation... More or less all of them was dead as i walked in to check up on them.

I threw out the timer after i checked the error on it (digital outdoor timer), and could see that it had reset its self. There was no programmed timings to find in the timer, and therefor no watering... So i flooded the system for an hour, in hope to soak up the roots and let some survivors show, which they did. 8 of them still stands and is now under special treatment, with a new timer put into play aswell.

So... 8 plants for a vertical system with 64 holes? Nah... Therefor i called in a few favors, and seems ill be able to run a White Russian grow again, so the LUI grow will be postponed for now... This is one of the bad things about hydro... It takes so little time for something to go wrong, and u have to be there when it happens to actually do something about it.

This thread will be changed to White Russian...

Comment

Arghhhhh noooooooooo I so wanted to see the LUI run, so sorry to hear what happened Kroggi, thank god I have a trusted partner to back me up when working or traveling.
                        Iron City Seeds

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Comment

Ah well how it goes sometimes mate... at least your familiar with the White Russian from your last run so will know how they stretch and grow in the system. Looking forward to seeing the system back in action whatever is running
                          Barneys Amnesia Lemon- Current

1st Vert grow

Blueberry Headband, Lost Coast OG, QoD, Riri Sour D

Nightmare Kush S2 and Queen of Diamonds (QoD) test grow

Exodus Cheese, OG#18, DNA OG Kush, Motivation & AK47

AN Bud Candy vs Molasses/Panela trial

Root Riot vs Jiffy Pellets - Winner: Jiffy pellets

Comment

sucks to hear bout what you came home to, I just got back from a week long camp out and although I run blumats i still paid a VERY trusted buddy to look after things for the week...worth every cent.
                            CA Med Patient in STRICT COMPLIANCE with CA Prop. 215

my shipping container grow https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308346

Comment

Working...
                            X