What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's Vertical Madness

labtec

Hey all, I built a new chamber in my garage. I ended up tearing down my other chamber in my loft because it started to be a sauna up there.

The chamber is exactly 4ft X 4ft, and utilizes my original ideas from my first vertical chamber (Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab). Here is a picture of the floor with a hole for my new intake filter box.

And a shot of the completed filter box with the filter I'm going to be using.

A pic of my carbon filter after I hung it. It is not hanging on that piece of wood I have across the chamber, that is going to be used to hang my cables for my light fixtures.

This was how I attached the panda film to the frame. I designed the whole chamber so that I could tear it down incredibly fast.

Here is a pic of my completed filter box ready to be installed. Then a shot of what it looks like in the back, and finally a shot of the completed filter box installation.

I didn't have two long zippers, so I ended up just using one long zipper and one small one. I rigged up a loop with some gorilla tape so that I can hang the door on a screw.

After installing my shelving system, I put my girls in there. As you can see I have two 600 watt lamps with a fan blowing up. I have 15 girls in there right now. One reveg OG kush, one different OG kush strain that a good friend gave me, 2 Pure Kushes, 2 Lemon Purps, and 9 Super Lemon Haze plants(2 different phenos).

I plan on vegging for another 2 weeks to fill up the space, then I'll switch to flower. I am using LC's soil mix with recipe one.

labtec

Looks like someone else in the vertical section has a thread named "Vertical MADNESS!!!". I knew that name was too good to be true. Sorry Uncle FREEDOM.

aligee

Veteran
Very clever there my friend im just finishing up a shelf system kinda similar vertical is the
Way ...im subed how are you cooling that room ?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How about Vertical Supercalifragilisticexpialladocious"?

Nice setup Labtec.....rawking the vertical!

labtec

Danks Got Dank and Durdy.
Hey aligee, I'm just using passive intake and cool intake air from my cool garage. With the carbon filter right on top of the lights, the temps stay pretty good,75-82ish.

aligee

Veteran
Passive intake sweet so you must live in a coooler region to be able to pull that off i use passive also but from air conditioned air Hope you dont mind the questions what is the height of the 1st shelf from the ground?How tall are plant at 12/12 flip ? Thanks .

labtec

Thanks everyone.
No worries, questions are always welcome. I just installed the shelves last night, so I'll probably end up moving them down a little bit. But they are a little over 3 feet now. Yeah I do live in a cool environment, Oregon, but my cool garage is the key. Especially since I take my intake air as close to the cold ground as possible. As for the plants, I'll let them get a good foot and half, two feet.

Nice setup looking to do something similar in about a month. What did you use to attach the poly? You showed a close up but i cant make out what that is? A bolt?

labtec

sorry, Its a roofing nail with a small piece of gorilla tape under it so the panda film wont rip. I didn't nail them in all the way, so that I could take them out fast.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Fuck yah labtec! Your setups are always awesome, so impressed with what you've done. Good to see you rockin the double shelves again. I remember when you got 3#'s from that last time...let's have a repeat brother! Peace and love, Stagger

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Tagged. I hav some questions for an up comin project. So I'm kinda lookin for who to ask ;)- Well and what to ask.. Thanks this just makes sense IMO

D

DonkDBZ

Looking killer. Love the hole in the center for the fan. Showing how its done with poly KISS style.

labtec

Danks for visiting everyone. My camera broke for the second time, and now its not under warranty. So I will probably have to go back to my phone's camera. They are exploding in their new chamber though. Pic update soon.