What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kroggi's Vertical Tubes #1 White Russian

Kroggi

Hi there, thought i might share what im working with currently, as im enjoying watching and replying to some of your threads aswell. So, where to begin :) Well ive been growing for some years, and thought i needed a change in things, so i found heaths vertical tube system and thought id try that. It gives me some room to work with, and thats one of the things i appreciate a lot when growing.

The system can hold 64 plants, 16 in each row. As you might see, it aint completely filled... The clones im running are White Russians, and didnt exactly go too well in the cloner. So a lot of the clones died, plus i got attacked by spider mites... Bad start, but its something everyone can deal with.

So, off we went, got em started up, and split up in the pots so they all had some room to work with now that it could be done.

Im currently at week 6 flower, tho the last pictures is back from mid week 5 or so. So to get up to date with the pictures taken, here they are...

Attachments

• P01.jpg
    P01.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 18
  • P08ice.jpg
    P08ice.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P07ice.jpg
    P07ice.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P06.jpg
    P06.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 17
  • P05.jpg
    P05.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 15
  • viking x arne sah.JPG1
    viking x arne sah.JPG1
    82.2 KB · Views: 35
  • P03.jpg
    P03.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 18
  • P02.jpg
    P02.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P01b.jpg
    P01b.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P01a.jpg
    P01a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 18

Kroggi

Next round of pictures...

Attachments

• P18-ice.jpg
    P18-ice.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P17.jpg
    P17.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P16.jpg
    P16.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P15.jpg
    P15.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • P14.jpg
    P14.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P13.jpg
    P13.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P12-2pxnl.jpg
    P12-2pxnl.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P11-2pxnl.jpg
    P11-2pxnl.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P10-2pnl.jpg
    P10-2pnl.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 17
  • P09ice.jpg
    P09ice.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 20

Kroggi

And the last round for now...
Should maybe mention theres 2 other plants in there aswell as the pictures shows... 2 in soil, which was from seed, to find a proper mother plant... ICE and 2P x NL...

But for the last round of pictures for now...

Attachments

• P23.jpg
    P23.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 16
  • P22.jpg
    P22.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P21.jpg
    P21.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P20.jpg
    P20.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P19-2pxnl.jpg
    P19-2pxnl.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 17

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet anyone running a Heath Robinson design is rocking it straight up!

Just one thought have you considered putting some Reflectix behind those rows just to capture all the lumens?

Keep it green bro!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
What strains you growing, what size lights you workin with?

Kroggi

Heh thanks :)

I guess u mean the wood that needs the reflectix ? I dont know if i should cover the whole wall with it, as the white paint should "bounce" about 80% back, more or less... Read that somewhere in a thread in here, about light and reflection :)

The strain is White Russian, and i currently have a 400w CMH (lower bulb) and a 600w HPS (top bulb). Tho i might switch the 400 out with a 600w the last couple of weeks, tho it might not be that big a difference yield wise :)

The strains in the 2 pots, are ICE and 2 Pounder x Northern Light, should be seen out from the file names ;)

C

Chris1

Hi Kroggi. What are your temps like? If you can switch to that 600 you definitely should..

Kroggi

Well its summer here now, and the temps rise a bit... So the room temp peaks at 28 Celcius with 420 m3/h fan extractor and 2 30cm table ventilators.

Kroggi

day 44 of 12/12

day 44 of 12/12

Another small update... Day 44 flower
Added another 50 liters of solution today, to the thirsty ladies... EC 1.5 PH 5.5

Attachments

• P26.jpg
    P26.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P25.jpg
    P25.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14
  • P24.jpg
    P24.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 15

soil margin

Veteran
Really love this setup. Totally backwards from everything I do with soil and organics, but I still think it's awesome. Looking forward to seeing more updates as they get closer to finishing.

Kroggi

I discovered some bad stuff yesterday. Spidermites on the leafs in the setup. I heard with some friend how to get rid of them, this late in the flowering... And one of them mentioned i could use CO2 with 24 hours of darkness. 10000 ppm of CO2...

I dont have any CO2 setup, but i know theres another way to make it... Yeast, sugar, water... Question is, how much is that gonna produce :/

Anyways, could need some help on this matter... theres (in the worst case scenario) 21 days until harvest, and id love to get rid of these mites, once and for all...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
not enough that the truth you need a cannister to get 10,000PPM's I did the gallon jug an yeast and sugar...try Organocide, totally organic pesticide can be foliar sprayed on flowering plants and harmless, or get a post in the INfirmery thread ASAP, spider mite (damn borg) are a real problem.

GoozMan

I use Azatrol in my res, totally wiped out my spider mite infestation and keeps them away. It's organic - a neem oil concentrate, pretty sure it's safe anytime. It's systemic, roots soak it up, bugs eat leaf, get poisoned and die, eggs hatch, babies eat and die, end of story. I use it as a preventative now, feed in veg to keep all sorts of nasties away. Good luck.

Kroggi

Gonna search for azotrol. And ur sure about this doesnt do anything to the buds, leaves anything behind that aint good to smoke etc :p Did a quick search now, doesnt seem to be anything in the danish market... Searching on...

I was hopeing the yeast would be enough... Mixing 10 1½ liter bottles with it now, just to try it out while i find another solution, i might aswell :/

cyat

Veteran
spinosad can be used in flower, no smell or residue. it works. hit em 2-3 times, done.
I dont like oil based sprays imho organocide is nasty stuff, harsh too.

Kroggi

Ok, been searching some different methods on how to get rid of them.

- Azatrol for the res, which kills em when they eat the plant. I think ill try and get me this if thats possible in Denmark, for future use.
- Organocide, to spray on the plants, kills all the stuff that doesnt belong, all from citrus rust mites to glassy winged sharpshooters...
- Lavendel flowers soaked in water for 34 hours and then sprayed on plants. Kills it all, and doesnt harm anything. In late flower, only target problem areas. Gonna get me some plants for the garden this summer :)
- Sticky tape and vacuuming... Dont wanna go into detail about this, sounds funny, but ehm... Ill pass on this one.
- Spinosad mixed up in water, sprayed on plants, kills it all and can be used in late flower aswell. Knows about this one from friends who tried it too...

After speaking to a couple of friends about this, one of them suggested i leave them be, and get rid of them in the trimming/drying. After they have been cut down at the right time, i could clean out the whole room. Reason for this suggestion was that theres between 2 - 3 weeks left.
I think ill go with leaving them for now, and get me some azatrol if thats possible here in Denmark, and some lavendel flowers for the garden. That should keep me safe for a while :)
Thanks for all the help and info search which gave me a great idea on what to choose. Lots of these things cant be found on any danish sites, which is sad...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Azatrol is dah shit..I don't know why I didn't think of that congratsz Kroggi!

Kroggi

Hehe theres a fun thing about it too actually :D
Today when the wifey came home from work, and we were looking through magazines, i saw the lavendel plants and said to her... I think ill go buy some of these for the garden, and she just looked stupid at me... Honey, we allready have those in the garden, or well not in the garden but the pots right outside... I was like, huh ?

Went outside to check it, and theres like... PLENTY of lavendel flowers :p woups...

Oh well, one less thing to think about ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts