What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco Run To Waste

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Some updates coming later, I lost my grow but that other project is still on the go and from what I hear, they are exploding in growth. Back later with some pics.

HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Ok guys since my grow has been ripped apart I'll keep updating this thread with the other project. They are looking good, they had a major trim job 3 days ago and they are looking like they are ready to swell. Temps are at 70-75 day-night. Feeding at 2.0EC, 1.2EC with the base nutes and PK13/14 up to 2.0EC. Here are some pics.

Day 21 Flower
picture.php

Killer Chemdog 1

picture.php

Killer Chemdog 2

picture.php

They are 9 week strains, so plenty of time to fatten up. They are getting 5 feeds per day and loving every bit of it. Any questions fire away.

HGO

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Glad you are back hundred. You should try floor dry for the tops of your pots. Not the clay kind but DE. Helps with silicone for your plants and it is way cheaper here anyway. If you want to change a little.

wisco61

Glad you are back hundred. You should try floor dry for the tops of your pots. Not the clay kind but DE. Helps with silicone for your plants and it is way cheaper here anyway. If you want to change a little.

Napa part #8822, a man of my own heart. Though I think HGO is English, and I doubt they have Napas over there.

Choc

Looking good HGO...

5 feeds a day huh? is that still coco or you running clay now... i see the clay on top but thought you might have that on there for show :biglaugh: seriously i know you like to flood them girls from your last run... how much nutrient they drinking per feed 1/4L?

Hey HGO, just wanted to say thanks for stopping in on my lil gro with the kind works and advice. People like u r why I chose to post in the first place:thank you:

MUCH K+ to ya HGO glad u got it all handled cause im sure I'll b needing some more of those kind words and advice here real soon.:wave:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Those pots are tiny ! How much you expecting to yield off each plant?

Hi Madala, the pots are 6.5Ltr, coco isn't the same as soil, you can use smaller pots and still yield well, the roots grow plentiful and very quickly, here's a snap of a previous run showing some roots. I don't like speculating on yield this early on but I'm aiming for 1g/pw and growing with a 1K, 6 plants. ;) Do I think I'll get it? I think it will be close.

Hi Ichabod welcome to the grow, I've never heard of floor dry, must have a look now. Thanks.

Napa part #8822, a man of my own heart. Though I think HGO is English, and I doubt they have Napas over there.

:wave: Wisco welcome to the grow, I'm actually Irish.

Looking good HGO...

5 feeds a day huh? is that still coco or you running clay now... i see the clay on top but thought you might have that on there for show :biglaugh: seriously i know you like to flood them girls from your last run... how much nutrient they drinking per feed 1/4L?

Hey my man welcome, yep you know me, always drowning the girls and they LOVE it. The clay pebbles are at the bottom of the pots for drainage, coco in the middle and more clay balls at the top, they hydrogen at the top acts as a block to stop evaporation so the plants take in more.

Choc that's a close estimate, they are being fed around 0.40Ltrs per feed x 5 feeds per day +/-. They really enjoy that.

Good to see ya here.

Hey HGO, just wanted to say thanks for stopping in on my lil gro with the kind works and advice. People like u r why I chose to post in the first place:thank you:

MUCH K+ to ya HGO glad u got it all handled cause im sure I'll b needing some more of those kind words and advice here real soon.:wave:

Hi sublimesmoker :wave: well thank you for taking the time to check out this lil grow.

Well guys I'm trying to think if I left anything else out... There are 2 strains around the lamp, Killer Chemdog from Rez she runs for 9 weeks and packs on the weight, her genetics include Killer Queen (Airborne's G13 x C99) and the infamous Chemdog I found her in a pack of beans last year or maybe it was the year before? She produces fat long buds that smell earthy and hit hard. The other strain is Dirty Harry (Herijuana x Grapefruit bx1) she is also a 9 weeker and swells a lot, she has a more appealing smell to me, offensive and pungent, hits really hard and yields very well :)

The plants were vegged with a 600w, come flower it was switched to a 1K, I'm hoping that will give a lot chunkier buds, they have just finished their stretch and are now starting to bud properly, the PK13/14 has been added for first feed tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing the girls in a weeks time, I can tell already that they are going to pack on a lot of weight, the pics don't really do 'em justice but they look like they are primed and ready to explode in bud.

It's nearly 7am, time for the left over dominos pizza from last night, garlic and herb dip FTW :biglaugh:

Thanks guys

HGO

madalasatori

Veteran
Brilliant stuff mate. Reason I ask is cos I'm running five plants under 1200w, begged for 2 months in 3G smartpots and was a bit worried the pots were too small. I'll be drip feeding and my thinking is more feeds = more oxygen for the roots. You have confirmed my thinking! Sweet

madalasatori

Veteran
And it's all about the garlic and herb dip!

HGO from your EXPERIENCE what's the best nutes to use for coco? Am vegging with hesi but for flowering I suspect there's more out there..

I suspect you shop at greens looking at your setup, haha

hey man, u really have me thinkin about making the switch to coco for my next run. I've been thinking about setting up an ebb and flo vert, but am now looking into using coco in 3 or 5 gal buckets. Right now I'm handwaterin everything. and its getting old fast. I currently run a sep veg and flower area with another separate area for clones, and seedlings, i guess i like the variatey like u do, but it seems like an ebb setup or maybe drippers and coco would b alot easier to maintain? could u enlighten me on what would b the easier of the two? or u could just recomend something else.

Anyway thanks again for sharing ur grow with us HGO, you defenitaly got it rocking, keep it green. SUB

One more thing i run a small setup compared to u guys only about 8 plants in my flower room at a given time. I have heard and read about the blumats and the fact that they recomend not using any fertilizer with the drippers confused me. Now does that mean that i would still have to handwater to a certain extent? Thanks for the help man and sorry for so many ??'s

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you run the floor dry make sure you get diatomaceous earth and not the clay stuff. Here is what I use if you have a NAPA store there.

Notice it says diatomite absorbent on the bag. That is what you want. They make it into kitty litter as well. I use that at the bottom of the plants to help drainage too. If you want more info go to the organics forum and look around.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Brilliant stuff mate. Reason I ask is cos I'm running five plants under 1200w, begged for 2 months in 3G smartpots and was a bit worried the pots were too small. I'll be drip feeding and my thinking is more feeds = more oxygen for the roots. You have confirmed my thinking! Sweet

Hi MS, yes you are correct. The more feeds you give the plants, the more oxygen the roots draw in this is known as oxygenation, the roots thrive in a multi feed setup.

Speechless!!! Kudos senior you are doin nice job!!! :bump:

:wave: Hello EverLast, great to see you here my man, and thank you!

And it's all about the garlic and herb dip!

HGO from your EXPERIENCE what's the best nutes to use for coco? Am vegging with hesi but for flowering I suspect there's more out there..

I suspect you shop at greens looking at your setup, haha

Hesi have got good nutes, I used them for a few years when I was growing in soil and I was always happy, Bush Dr has used Hesi's coco specific nutes in his setup and he recommends them. I'm currently using Plant Magic, they are pretty solid and have always performed great for me, I know others that are very happy with them too.

hey man, u really have me thinkin about making the switch to coco for my next run. I've been thinking about setting up an ebb and flo vert, but am now looking into using coco in 3 or 5 gal buckets. Right now I'm handwaterin everything. and its getting old fast. I currently run a sep veg and flower area with another separate area for clones, and seedlings, i guess i like the variatey like u do, but it seems like an ebb setup or maybe drippers and coco would b alot easier to maintain? could u enlighten me on what would b the easier of the two? or u could just recomend something else.

Anyway thanks again for sharing ur grow with us HGO, you defenitaly got it rocking, keep it green. SUB

Sub, you should give drippers a shot, sure hand watering works but having 3-5 feeds per day has so many more benefits, extra oxygen to the roots, extra nutrients, constant fresh water/nutes, less work, better plants, heavier harvests, quicker yields, I've experienced them all and more from switching to drip fed coco RTW system.

I hear ya on the multi grow room situation, how many plants would you have in veg at any given time? IMO the dripper setup would be better than the ebb and flow, both are pretty easy to setup and maintain but for the RTW benefits I'd go with the drippers, and they are simple to build, when you've built one the rest are a breeze.

One more thing i run a small setup compared to u guys only about 8 plants in my flower room at a given time. I have heard and read about the blumats and the fact that they recomend not using any fertilizer with the drippers confused me. Now does that mean that i would still have to handwater to a certain extent? Thanks for the help man and sorry for so many ??'s

Forget about the bluemats bro, build your own drip system, it's simple and it gives you far more control over your feeding routines, and to answer your question, no hand watering. If I can help you get setup in any way I'd be more than happy bro.

If you run the floor dry make sure you get diatomaceous earth and not the clay stuff. Here is what I use if you have a NAPA store there.

Notice it says diatomite absorbent on the bag. That is what you want. They make it into kitty litter as well. I use that at the bottom of the plants to help drainage too. If you want more info go to the organics forum and look around.

Thanks for that IC, is it reusable? That's one thing I like about the hydroton, I can reuse it again and again.

For anyone out their hand watering in coco I please beg you to give drip fed RTW a shot, I hear lots of people saying that there is no difference between hand watering once or twice per week compared to 3-5 watering's per day with a dripper setup, there is a massive difference! I've done both and the results speak volumes. PLEASE give it a chance, I bet you don't go back to hand watering.

Thanks to everyone for checking out the grow, I love the input.

HGO

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah that rootball was nice. and those plants over the red background :)

hope everything cool with you

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
All about the vert

All about the vert

yah that rootball was nice. and those plants over the red background :)

hope everything cool with you

Thanks Shcrews, everything is good with me. I'll get root shots out of the pots when they are chopped.

HGO yes DE is reusable, it's like little stones. They pop when you water them like rice crispies too.

Thanks IC.

Nice to see ya back HGO. Nice roots ya got there! Hope to see you back in full swing soon.

Thanks walindour, yeah I'll be rocking some kickass strains very soon.

I like the doughnut vert because it lets me grow full sized multi strains with ease, next run I'll be looking for my mono cropper from 11 strains, then I'll be building 2 x 86 site mini vertical SOG pods with guttering, and ply, I just need to find the best SOG strain from my collection.

Grow safe guys.
HGO

D

DonkDBZ

good luck HGO...and possibly pick the next woman more carefully??? LOL,...been their.....done that....had a g/f ponce so mad at me she burned my car to the ground....I can laugh now but at the time oh brother....

lol at crazy women. my wife got super drunk last year so I took the booze from her and she tried to stab me and so I locked her outside and called the cops then she broke some windows.....she still crazy. one year later now I just trick her into BHO hits or put Bubba ticture in her booze and nigh night

Glad to see everythings good HGO. Those root balls are freaking awsome.

Latest posts

Latest posts