What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 2400 watt vertical lab

labtec

It's time for a new thread since I added another 600 watt hps and built a new chamber. Here's a few pictures of both of my chambers. For nutrients I use LC’s Soiless Mix #2 with recipe number 1. In the double 600 watt tall chamber I have 7 OG kushes in 5 gallon pots which are almost at week 2 in flowering. For exhaust I have a 6" vortex with a 550 cfm phresh filter.

Then in the new double 600 watt horizontal chamber I have 2 super lemon hazes that I was going to keep as mothers, but decided to flower, so unfortunately they are only in one gallon pots. Then I have one headband in a one gallon pot that I was going to keep as a mother as well, but decided to just flower it. Then I have two romulans, 5 bogbubbles, 4 lemon purps, and 4 pure kushes all in 3 gallon pots. This chamber uses a 6" Elicent fan connected to a 800 cfm phat filter.

C

Cheeb

awesome way to keep it simple!

What are the make model of those white fans? Are then any good?

I have 3 vertical 600w in a 4x8 tent (8 plants) and need some good fans to aim directly up at the bare bulb.

Do you (or anyone else) have a good recommendation for some reliable brands?
I need something really quiet for this tent.

N

nukkumatti

Looking good mistah LABMAN!!!

I'll be following closely brother!

Waht are the dimension of your second cab? You 12/12 already?

Jejejejeeee!

labtec

Thanks aligee, i love vertical more every day.hehe

You got front row CanIgetsum. thanks

Hey cheeb here's a link to the FAN that I have. I turn them on low and they work perfectly. I found them around town here at a true value for like $20 each. I think they're perfect for my setup. I have two 600s in a 4x8x5 homemade chamber. You should try 2 600s and see what the temps are like, then you can always add one later.

Dank you nukku. The dimensions are (L)1.2 meters x (W)2.4 meters x (H)1.5 meters. Yeah in my tall chamber I am at 13 days into flower, and my new long chamber I'm at 8 days. ah yeah

Here are some shots of my tall OG kush girls at 13 days in flower. They hang out in 5 gallon pots. The diameter of the screen in the first shot is 24"(61cm) and in the other shots I moved it up to 34"(86.3cm).

C

Cheeb

Thanks for the link!

Looking awesome.

Are you planning to be able to remove the plants the entire way through flower?
As in not weaving them into the wire screen?

Or did you just pull that lady out for one last picture before it get crazy in there?

labtec

Your welcome Cheeb. Anytime I can help. I pulled those girls out of there the last photo session to setup the bigger screen. Since then I've just been letting them grow through. I have been weaving some of the branches through also just to fill in some of the gaps in the screen.

Here's a shot of the new chamber on day 13 in flower and a shot of a pure kush lady that resides in the new chamber.

Now for the pics of the OG kush tall chamber. These fine women are on day 19 in flowering.

bobblehead

Veteran
This is gonna be sweet. Phresh filters are nice. Small, light, and priced right. I don't think I ever want to try another filter again. I think after I run these rooms one more time, it'll be time for an upgrade... I'm thinking bedroom style. :) Anyway ur killing it labtec. I remember your first grow... :)

Incognegro

Only thing I see with vert (that i've seem so far) is that your plants are pretty tall, how long do you veg to get them that tall? 2 months?

bobblehead

Veteran
Only thing I see with vert (that i've seem so far) is that your plants are pretty tall, how long do you veg to get them that tall? 2 months?

That's the point. The things you don't see, we didn't spend money on, and they aren't getting in the way of the light reaching the plants... sheesh...

Incognegro

That's the point. The things you don't see, we didn't spend money on, and they aren't getting in the way of the light reaching the plants... sheesh...

Sheesh? Sorry it bothered you so much to answer a simple question... what a joke...

Sorry Labtec...I apologize,... I just can't stand...nevermind.

Continue on...:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
Sheesh? Sorry it bothered you so much to answer a simple question... what a joke...

Sorry Labtec...I apologize,... I just can't stand...nevermind.

Continue on...:tiphat:

Don't take it so personally... My bad yo. IDK how much you've read, but people are pulling down large harvests with vertical lamps... It's a very efficient way to grow.

C

Cheeb

I think this is merely a completely legitimate question rather then a cheap shot at the vertical lighting style. I think you took it wrong way bobble.

With a double stack bulb setup most people are employing tiered plant layout....
Labtec here just has some large ladies let to get tall...no 2nd row.

Does make you re-think the way we've always grown our plants. Trying to keep them bushy, compact and low profile.. while here we seem to want the stretch.

- -

labtec

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I got a text from my landlord wanting to meet me today, so i asked her "where do you want to meet?", and she said starbucks. I'm not too worried. Maybe she's changing something in the lease, I don't know. Well, wish me luck.