Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

I've decided recently to build a vertical chamber using 2 x 600 watt hps bulbs. I decided to go with galaxy 600 watt digital ballasts with ushio bulbs.

The dimensions are 44" x 44" X 74 1/2".

I've hung a 6" vortex attached to a 6" phresh filter.

I'm going to do two levels with 8 3 gallon pots on each level. I'm also going to use roots organic soil as well as roots buddha grow and buddha bloom with their hpk. Then Liquid Karma, Ful-Power humic acid and great white mycorrhizae. As well as Earth Juice PH up and down.

I'm going to build another chamber with another 600 watt vertically hung bulb, and a mom room attached all running off of a 4"vortex with a 4"phresh filter. I know the other room will do perfect with a 6" vortex, but I'm wondering if the 4" with the 200 cfm filter attached will pull enough through the mom room first, then through the floor of the single bulb chamber.
    Labtec's 150 watt Lab Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab
    Labtec's 2400 watt vertical lab Labtec's 1200 Watt Garage Loft
    Labtec's Vertical Madness GN C99 F2s by Labtec
    sigpic

Here's another shot of the room from the side.

And here is how I mounted the light fixture onto the two 1/8" cables mounted 6" apart. I used 3/16 eye bolts. I put cable clamps onto the cable to act as a stop for the eye bolts.
    sigpic

Comment

Labtec is moving on up indeed! Nice work, dude.

Comment

Looks good Labtec!
        Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

I will be taking notes, but mostly just drooling.

Looking forward to a superb show.

Comment

nice work.

humates+ & mycorrhyzae+...

enjoy your garden!
            *all posts by *mistress* are for entertainment and/or educational purposes only. concepts, characters, descriptions, approximations, estimations, are the product of *mistress* imagination, and used fictitiously. no post intends to describe, nor infer, the actual conduct of any persons, living or dead. any resemblance is purely coincidental.*

"This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only." -ICMAG

Comment

Good luck. Looks like a great setup.

Comment

I've changed my cable setup so that I can use a fan that I already had.

Here are my freshly transplanted Pure Kush clones. There are 8 and There is a Lemon Purps plant in the back. I also have rooting clones of OG Kush,707 Headband and Honeydew Kush. All except the pure kush were gifted from a good friend.Thank You Humboldt.

Here is a shot of the temp of the room. top is wrong time, second from top is in-room temp, third from top is in-chamber temp and the last one is in-chamber humidity.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the top 8 pots with more pure kush clones.
                sigpic

Comment

hay man nice setup
                  some points for improvement
                  the pots r huge for this kind of setup- if u r using 2 shelves, 2-3 galon pots will be great

if i were u i will take out the middel shelf out just 8 OR maybe even less plants.
                  how long r u going to veg them ?
                  swab- Smart Without A Brain

Vertical 1200w 120x120(0.9gpw)

Comment

nice siht bro, i dont see 3 lights thou, 2 600w is 1200w. clean set up thou.

Comment

thanks guys for stopping by. dr happy those are 3 gallon pots, I'm going to veg them for about a month. from what I hear the pure kush's dont stretch to much after you flip them.

thanks canadian cracker. On my first post I said that I still have yet to build my second chamber that is going to have one 600. the clones for that chamber arent rooted yet so I'll make that one sometime this next week.
                      sigpic

Comment

very nice concept.

Comment

sorry dude, my bad, i didnt read it well i guess.
                          if you were to round out the center im sure you would have a better updraft. good luck with the second chamber and i wish you lucking im finding yet another 600. peace out.
                          cc

Comment

I love the creativity! Respect for constructing all that, must have been hard work. Please update till the end, I'm very interested to see how it all works out.

Good growing.

Comment

Hello Labtec, my buddy just went vert, and i'm considering it as well. Just a quick Q, with your layout, would it not be better to go flat, to get more plants in thier. i love the set up good job
                              sigpichttp://www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm/

AMA Superbike.. World Superbike.. Moto GP

Comment

Working...
                              X