What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

labtec

I've decided recently to build a vertical chamber using 2 x 600 watt hps bulbs. I decided to go with galaxy 600 watt digital ballasts with ushio bulbs.

The dimensions are 44" x 44" X 74 1/2".

I've hung a 6" vortex attached to a 6" phresh filter.

I'm going to do two levels with 8 3 gallon pots on each level. I'm also going to use roots organic soil as well as roots buddha grow and buddha bloom with their hpk. Then Liquid Karma, Ful-Power humic acid and great white mycorrhizae. As well as Earth Juice PH up and down.

I'm going to build another chamber with another 600 watt vertically hung bulb, and a mom room attached all running off of a 4"vortex with a 4"phresh filter. I know the other room will do perfect with a 6" vortex, but I'm wondering if the 4" with the 200 cfm filter attached will pull enough through the mom room first, then through the floor of the single bulb chamber.

labtec

Here's another shot of the room from the side.

And here is how I mounted the light fixture onto the two 1/8" cables mounted 6" apart. I used 3/16 eye bolts. I put cable clamps onto the cable to act as a stop for the eye bolts.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I will be taking notes, but mostly just drooling.

Looking forward to a superb show. :lurk:

labtec

I've changed my cable setup so that I can use a fan that I already had.

Here are my freshly transplanted Pure Kush clones. There are 8 and There is a Lemon Purps plant in the back. I also have rooting clones of OG Kush,707 Headband and Honeydew Kush. All except the pure kush were gifted from a good friend.Thank You Humboldt.

Here is a shot of the temp of the room. top is wrong time, second from top is in-room temp, third from top is in-chamber temp and the last one is in-chamber humidity.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the top 8 pots with more pure kush clones.

Dr happy

hay man nice setup
some points for improvement
the pots r huge for this kind of setup- if u r using 2 shelves, 2-3 galon pots will be great

if i were u i will take out the middel shelf out just 8 OR maybe even less plants.
how long r u going to veg them ?

labtec

thanks guys for stopping by. dr happy those are 3 gallon pots, I'm going to veg them for about a month. from what I hear the pure kush's dont stretch to much after you flip them.

thanks canadian cracker. On my first post I said that I still have yet to build my second chamber that is going to have one 600. the clones for that chamber arent rooted yet so I'll make that one sometime this next week.

sorry dude, my bad, i didnt read it well i guess.
if you were to round out the center im sure you would have a better updraft. good luck with the second chamber and i wish you lucking im finding yet another 600. peace out.
cc

gonzo`

I love the creativity! Respect for constructing all that, must have been hard work. Please update till the end, I'm very interested to see how it all works out.

Good growing.

bostrom155

Hello Labtec, my buddy just went vert, and i'm considering it as well. Just a quick Q, with your layout, would it not be better to go flat, to get more plants in thier. i love the set up good job

labtec

Discobiscuit thanks for coming by, always awesome to see you around.

Cracker no worries. I think I might end up cutting more of a circle out for the middle. Youre right it might help out. I already have the other 600 watt ballast and bulb, im just waiting on some supplies, the clones to root, and another bulb socket.

Gonzo I appreciate the respect. I will definitely keep this page up to date.

Bostrom155 youre right I could go horizontal and go with more plants, but then I would have to deal with the heat that the hoods create, and then I still wouldnt have the height that I'm going to get with these girls. I don't think I'm going to top to many of them. I'll probably top a few and see if they get the same or more than the vertical plants.

I did get both chambers rocking with pure kush clones. I did the top chamber last night. With both of the lights going in there it gets to about 86ish on the top shelf. I'll probably duct the heat to this closet that I have in the the same room that opens up to underneath the front of the house

C

corkushy

your gonna want to put trays under all your top floor plants dont want run off getting on that plwood it will just be a big mess lol but awesome idea excellent grower

labtec

thanks guys for coming by.

corkushy thanks for the idea. I was going to do that soon anyway, i just forgot when I was at the store.

Well all of the clones(17) have been in the chamber now for a few days and they seem to like it. Ill get a pic update soon.

labtec

Here's a shot of my girls on day 3 of veg, actually 4 days veg on the bottom bulb:

This is a shot of the top lab:

And here are two shots of the bottom lab: