What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

sneakinman13

Veteran
very cool setup man!!
i've yet to see a double story box like that with vertical run up through the middle..
neat lil idea you got there and ill be tagging this to see the finished outcome!!!
good vibesss and happy growing

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Labtec, I ask this with all due respect, does the plywood bow when the pots are saturated with water? I plan to expand one of these days and your layout is a consideration. Hope ya don't mind if I borrow your idea, lol.

labtec

Thanks sneakinman13 and leviathan for the compliments of the grow chamber. I spent alot of time thinking about what I wanted and what size to do it in.
DiscoBiscuit they actually dont really get that wet. I just transplanted a couple days ago, so im not giving them too much water. But soon I will buy some trays for the bottom, so then it wont get wet at all. Thanks for checking out my site DiscoBiscuit, I have much respect for you. That would be awesome to see someone else use this design and do things a little different.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Whenever I scale up this is exactly what I have planned to do. 600w is the most efficient ballast. The only thing that I think could be improved upon is the plant number density, but of course that can be subject to constraints. Let us not forget the secret to Micro growing that applies to all scales, that is a high density SoG is the most efficient grow method. It would take more effort and maybe it isn't worth it for some.

like i said before
nice idea for a setup

i still think theres room for improvements
the shelfs could be less wide so they dont block the light
only as wide as needed to keep the pot there

more shelfs and more plants to use the light
for that kinda lights and pots i would either put the shelfs closer to gether and ditch one of the bulbs or put more shelfs for the 2 bulbs

dont worry about distance from soil surface to next shelf
as long as theres like 10 cm or so the plants will automatically bend inwards the bulb so they can be stacked a lot closer than currently

labtec

VerticalGrowbot thanks for coming by. I checked out your site and it looks good.

Dogfunk that is a kickass idea. I'm going to look for some soon. thanks alot
Thanks Marlo appreciate it.

Thanks seedbreeder I think I'm gonna check out dogfunks idea of a net floor or something like that.

Catman thanks for stopping. We'll see how the plants produce. I dont want to go crazy with the plant count.

On to some pictures of my setup as of tonight. Here is a shot of the trays I finally got.

Here is a shot of the whole room with a newly transplanted pure kush in a 2 gallon container instead of a 3 gallon. I put it a little farther from the bulb since its her first day under the hps.

And here is a shot of my temp which I'm loving. To me this is pretty much perfect. The top is the wrong time, the second down from the top is the room temp, the third one down is the chamber temp and the bottom one is the humidity.

Finally here is a random shot of one of my pure kush girls. They're all really starting to explode. Just water now into Roots organic soil.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
nice setup bro.....did u ever thought about to remove your wooden board and bend the plots with wire on the walls!! A friend of mine run his room like that!! your light efficiency would be way higher!! Anyway nice grow bro

MrDIY

looks great! cant wait to see the final product. I like the idea of two grow chambers on top of eachother

-MrDIY

labtec

Hey buddha thanks for coming by. That was my original plan, to build a scrog around my two lights, but decided with this chamber that it would be a pain to train the plants in the back. But I'm sure the next chamber I build will utilize scrog.

Thanks for stopping MrDIY.

I just got my Floramite that I ordered off of ebay today.The clones I got in Arcata came with some stowaways. a.k.a THE BORG. bastards, I hate them. I also have some neem, so after I slaughter them, I'm gonna do preventative for a while.

Kootenay

Great idea, very inovative! I like the idea of the the double level. Keep up the great work.

peace
Koot.

RipVanWeed

Hey labtec,

Subscribed... I've got a similar setup. 1kw vertical cooltube. I like your double layer, I've plans to go there soon.

Here's a couple a pic's of my box

I'm currently starting to build a 10'x10' room in my garage,

I'm planning 3 columns of stacked 1kw's. The outer edge plants will be grown with a trellis like these. I'll have plenty of headroom to stack the size gear I'm running now. The inner plants will be tree style, with 2kw love coming from 2 or 3 sources.

Really wanna learn from your experience, please keep posting.

Respect,

Hey man,what happened to the micro grows?i guess you have to update sooner or later:woohoo:.i must say,this is one hell of an idea.from here on out it can only get better.improve on some things:2cents:.but i think your on the right track.I'll be stopping by from time to time.later man.:joint: