Clear All

• oldsilvertip55
    replied
    more like silo

Leave a comment:

• toastyghostie
    replied
    I know you know your shit avanish.miles

Maybe turning is a bad idea but if you can pull every branch through a vertical scrog attached to pot or otherwise you will yield a lot more than just trimming the dark side

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    i'd trim out the backsides instead of rotating, most peeps crushing vert don't rotate plant sbut rather trim them up to have a canopy side facing the lights

Leave a comment:

• toastyghostie
    replied
    Since you're in hempys maybe you could turn the plants every day if you're going to be in there? Another possibility would be some 1x2 steel screen attached to the pots like a tomato cage so you could train them flat. A huge advantage of vertical growing is the complete lack of larf if you can get the branches where you need them

Leave a comment:

• perismoke
    replied
    Toastie...Im going to put two 315 Hortilux cmh in there...about 10 inches apart vertically stacked....should be a lot of PAR for the Tangie...
    Still will need to reduce the lard on the "dark side" of the plant

Leave a comment:

• toastyghostie
    replied
    That will work fine you could probably stack 3 in there. You would benefit a lot more from a vertical scrog otherwise dealing with the plants becomes a pain growing into lights etc

Leave a comment:

• perismoke
    replied
    I would love to get some opinions on using two 315CMH bulbs vertically stacked...bottom one facing up and how far apart they should be? (4 x 4 tent, Kiss, 3.5gal Perlite Hempys,vegged
    Tangie x Strawberry till 20 inches high with super cropping and 6-8 nodes for the light to hit)

Leave a comment:

• Iamnumber
    replied
    Great read, Thank you everyone for contribution!!

Special thanks for the 'downsides of vertical growing' section. Downsides must be acknowledged. Without this it is a sales pitch / propaganda. Also when downsides are listed, we can start on minimizing the negative effects.

Now.. on first post regarding shades (reflectors)..
    " even THE BEST shades will offer AT BEST 60% of bulb capacity "

Any research on this?

Leave a comment:

• Gauge
    replied
    great blog buddy, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• KingSkillz
    replied
    Very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• dewey
    replied
    I love vert
    My variety works great with it ( Jedi lush)and am a convert from horizontal
    Less work for me and simpler , don't miss all that ducting and lst ing
    I'm also doing strategic defoliating about 11 days in flower and a few more times later in as needed to great success !!
    Also I combine it with drip feeding wich also changed my life and cocoa for the cheap reusable part and great performance

Leave a comment:

• DAVES NOT HERE
    replied
    bought a mogul/cord to try and give vert a try. going to be running 600w lights

Leave a comment:

• Miraculous Meds
    replied
    Originally posted by beta View Post
    Wow, seriously intrigued by this vertical thing - Are g/watt yields definitely higher than horizontal?

I have a 27"x27" cabinet and am thinking about running a vert 400W CMH or HPS in a cooltube inside of it. Trying to get my head around VSCROG, though - If I'm running this like a regular SCROG where I keep the plant under the screen for 2-3 weeks of flower (basically only letting the buds themselves get past the screen after that point) how far will I want my screen from the cooltube? Definitely want to leave enough room for the buds themselves, but don't want to be too far away either. I suspect I can get within 4" or so with a cooltube, so maybe I'll put the screen 6-8" away from it?

Thanks for the help!
    IME I got 25 to 30% more on average going vert. I think the main reason is more canopy around the light. Id say chuck the cool tube. Go with a small fan under the bulb blowing straight up. Then if u can an exhaust above the bulb pulling the heat right out of the canopy just like an invisible cool tube. For a 400w I think ur estimates are about accurate. Maybe finish 4 to 6" away from the bulb. Id think the 400w could penetrate as deep as 14" or so. So if ur trimming all the material behind the screen, then start ur screen at 14" from bulb.
    gl

Leave a comment:

• siftedunity
    replied
    ^ id assume its another method of growing but definitely not the highest yielding method.

Leave a comment:

• beta
    replied
    Last edited by beta; 01-08-2016, 23:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X