What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Elite91 Clones' dosage in EZ Cloner ?

King Rat

Is any of you guys using 'Elite91 Clones' in an aerocloner?

I'd like to directly add the solution to the cloner, instead of dipping each clone.

Currently i'm cloning with the 'Permaclone' method which adds either Hormex concentrate, KLN or Rhizopon water soluble powder at a certain dosage per gallon,
Permaclone itself recommended Elite91 Clones in the printed version of that manual that came wirh my order but didn't provide a recommended dosage.
I tried contacting them via IG and mail but didn't get a reply.

Since i don't have access to any of the recommended hormones except Elite91 clones and the classic Clonex gel i'm stuck to use the 'dipping' method.
Does anyone of you know, at what rate to apply the 'clones' solution, when added directly to the cloner reservoir?

King Rat

I never needed any hormones in an ez cloner...

How long does your clones take until roots showing up?

There are a lot of growers who get along without adding hormones but for me it takes at least 20 days until roots popping out (on certain strains) without hormones.

A few of my clone-only strains take forever like GG4, DoZiZoZ #7 or Cherry Pie Kush and using a hormone really cuts the time by half.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
If water temps were not too warm and not too cold, and no microbial pathogens, a strain that would normally take 14 days would take maybe 7. A quick rooter would root in like 5 days, or rather be showing roots emerging.. Callous formation is quick and root bumps should be emerging by day 5..If water temps are too warm, make the pump run 15 on 15 off, if too cool, run all the time etc..My issue with ez cloner is not rooting time, a tree that would normally take 3-6 months to root I could get showing roots in 3-4 weeks, it makes roots amazingly fast, my issue was if a bacterial or fungal pathogen sets in, it takes out everything, fast, and that makes rooting never happen..and then no matter how much bleaching of pucks id do, or, the problem would always re-occur. In rockwool or jiffies I use hormone, normally I use hormone..at worst case even in aerocloners, id add some to the rez, just a dash of gel..but it made no difference as rooting would be so rapid..if clones are rooting in 5-7 days, does gaining an extra day make much difference, and if roots as as profuse as can be does hormone make a difference.

In a media I dont need to use gel, but do, as it will make more roots, in less time..and more reliably.. What makes more difference to me is clean procedure making the clones, and selecting clones that are at least 3, preferably 4 nodes or more and having a thick stem with extra growth cleaned up and clones all cut to same height, not splindly pissy clones. The thicker the stem and the more nodes, exponentially are there more hormones in the plantlet to begin with. I'm a fan of rooting hormone, been using it for decades but when aerocloner was working right, it made no difference to be honest.

King Rat

Thanks man.
I guess i just have to dial it in. it's my first aerocloner.
Do you add R/O + nutes to your rez?

The clones i take look healthy and proper sized, have at least 3-4 nodes above and 1-2 nodes trimmed below the collar.
I use sharp and sterilizied scissors before making the cuts.
The EZ cloner is sterilized and scrubbed like there's no tomorrow between each cycles and even take the whole pump + sprayers apart for cleaning.
Room temp is 75-77F and rez temp is around 80F with the pump running 24h
cloner water gets something between 0.4 - 0.9EC of either Formulex (EU version of Clonex clone solution) or General Hydro which comes out @pH 5.5 - 5.8 and hypochlorous acid

i'm running out of ideas what things to try to speed up rooting times even more.

King Rat

this is day 10
lights cycle is 20h on / 4h off
they got dipped in clonex gel, plugged into the collars and left the pump off the first 25 minutes - then turned on and it is running 24h since then.
I did change the water on day 7 to get the residues of the clonex gel out which was falling out in the rez.
On the right side with first real roots is Platinum OG and Silver Crisp (SSH x Cookie Crisp F2)
the others are Sour Diesel, Dozizoz, Cherry Pie Kush and Deadhead OG
cloner rez is clean - only mineral nutrients (formulex) added without any additives

well i'm just having a hard time getting this to work like some others who are seeing roots and transplant in 1 week LOL

Edit: Sorry for that shitty pics - my camera lens is broken

Attachments

• photo2060539.jpg
    photo2060539.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2060540.jpg
    photo2060540.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2060541.jpg
    photo2060541.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2060542.jpg
    photo2060542.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo2060543.jpg
    photo2060543.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2060544.jpg
    photo2060544.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2060545.jpg
    photo2060545.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2060546.jpg
    photo2060546.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2060547.jpg
    photo2060547.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 48

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Cuts look fine, the look great so I wold not stress..maybe run 30on 15 off with pump, see how goes..having the damp but not wet environment stimulates roots to shoot..I used to just use tap or clean well water with added hypochlorous added for best results, no nutes..add nutes once roots showing..Play with the dynamic of pump on/off time and rez temps and those 15min dry out periods..otherwise looks fine.

Sub24ox7

I like to use nutrients in the cloner just real low ppm and more phosphorus so if you have a a+B nutes I use just a little more B. Helps roots grow. I have used straight ro water and tap and I think tap is better but I personally get better results with a little nutes.