What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones taken 2 weeks into flower worth growing?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I took clones late, because earlier cuts started to rot before I had chance to root them. Now they are growing quick, but really mangy. Are these going to be worth growing and going to flower, or just use them to get decent cuts in a month or so when they start growing normal.

I have re-vegged plants after flower, and they were mangy for a couple of months before putting off usable growth for clones.

I was letting mother plant die, but started watering again a few days ago in case I need to take cuts from it. It has been putting off weak growth for a long time since only under CFL.

Cadfael

Timeline dependent really. When I would re-veg it seemed to take forever to get them to a point where I would get viable clones (like you say 1 month plus) versus, if you still have the mother, pouring a bit more light to her and getting decent cuts off her again from the get go.

If you have access, it might be time to get new genetics into your grow via the stores.

Bigger question, what killed your clones via rot? Heat? Fungus in water?

Loc Dog

Veteran
Timeline dependent really. When I would re-veg it seemed to take forever to get them to a point where I would get viable clones (like you say 1 month plus) versus, if you still have the mother, pouring a bit more light to her and getting decent cuts off her again from the get go.

If you have access, it might be time to get new genetics into your grow via the stores.

Bigger question, what killed your clones via rot? Heat? Fungus in water?

Did not expect it to be so bad, considering within 10 days of light switch

Probably used tap water which really sucks here. Did not spend the $700 on well test when buying house. Water from well sucks. I have spin down filter and whole house filter for all tap water. Still 300 PPM and if glass sits in sink for 3 or 4 days water turns dark and stinks. What I drink and what plants get once established goes through 6 stage RO filter with UV.

There are a few thin branches on mother with at least 2 sets of leaves.

I do not have access to new clones. Would love access to new award winning genetics. Have been growing GG4 on and off for long time. Saw someone selling on internet and not sure if cuts are legit, or if I would ever get anything after purchase.

Thanks for reply!!!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would go with the mum I think. However, keep what you have, as it's gonna be a race. One I would want the mum to win. You may have two whole weeks to revive her and another two to root some cuts. Giving you a better start than what you have now

Loc Dog

Veteran
I would go with the mum I think. However, keep what you have, as it's gonna be a race. One I would want the mum to win. You may have two whole weeks to revive her and another two to root some cuts. Giving you a better start than what you have now

Will post pictures later. Charging camera, and going to sleep.

I cut plants a lot. Every 2 nodes I cut off, and think new growth might be solid 3 or 5 leaf. Have been getting ones and threes mangy.

Thinking of throwing mother outside on pavers, but got broad mites once from putting plants out.

Cadfael

Soil or hydro (rockwool or root riot's)?

If hydro throw two cap fulls of Bleach in your soaking water. Does wonders for rooting hydro mediums

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...I have taken cuts for the next cycle 2 weeks into flower MANY times.

...if they are showing re-veg growth then i suspect you went past 2 weeks in before you took your cuts.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I had a few plants I repeatedly abused by taking clone after clone. A branch would get a second node, I'd cut it. Man, did the mums every look sorry. Just lots of sticks and a few leaves, most of which were yellow. I was walking them out to the compost pile in mid july but decided at the last minute to put them in my yard. They turned out to be my best plants.

sis-5ft tall.jpg

Wish I had taken pictures before I harvested. They were all cola.