What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa clone taken 1 month into flower

MakaLacka

Kia ora friends :wave:

I have a clone taken from a sativa 1 month into flower. Since then I've grown to love the smoke of this 12+ week girl and I'm so so glad I took that clone!

After 5 weeks from being taken, it has rooted well in its pot and has only just now stopped putting out pistils and is starting to shoot out new growth (albeit wired reveg growth). The only thing is I want to repot into better drained and less hot soil as the plant it was taken from was a light feeder and suffered from not very well composted soil.

Should I let her get properly established first in this wee pot or repot into some seedling mix now?

Cheers!
Maka

Attachments

• photo2051509.jpg
    photo2051509.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2051510.jpg
    photo2051510.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 42

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Anything you do at this point will only slow the growing down. If you have new growth, then just leave it alone, and sit it to the side and let it mend itself. 😎

G

but... at the same time.... if the soil is known to be too hot, and might not drain well..... i would gently move it into better soil
as long as you have roots, the growth gained by better soil might quickly outweigh just leaving it alone..... if the dirt wasnt hot and was draining well i would say leave it.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Looks wet.
Are you sure it's rooted? I wouldn't move it. I might make up some h2o2 to leach the soil, getting in some air and reducing the herd. After which, I would stand it on tissue to wick the moisture out.

Wicking is best done with an upturned pot. Lay a sheet of kitchen roll over it, so the tissue can reach down the sides. It's this vertical tissue that does the work. The weight of water within in, acts a bit like a syphon or wick. The falling water, drawing more water out the pot. You can shift out quite a bit. Leaving less food, less potential to make food, less water and more air.

h2o2 has never effected my compost grows. It's a solid 'dont do it' from most corners, but you have reason.

budsnblunts

Veteran
If you really wanna keep the plant alive, I'd consider gently re potting it. Is that native soil perhaps? It does look like re veg has begun but I'd say it's about to go backwards quickly if left in similar conditions.
Goodluck from another kiwi

MakaLacka

Cheers for the replies!
Yes she had a good bunch of roots though not very healthy, definitely soggy.
Re potted gently to a slightly bigger pot with fluffy and well drained seedlings mix, I think she'll enjoy the combination of better drainage and a lighter fed soil :rasta: