Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeds haven't craked in 24 hours, any way to salvage them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of them have now opened up but not as many as I would have liked. I'll get a bag of soil and put them all in lil cups tomorrow, germ or no germ
    Originally posted by Cannavore
    laws will eventually change. it can only get better. until then i won't acknowledge them anyways.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I fucked them up by keeping them in my sock drawer now
      laws will eventually change. it can only get better. until then i won't acknowledge them anyways.

Comment

Don't put the ones that haven't germinated into soil just yet. In my experience it will only increase your failure rate. My suggestion is to very carefully crack the seeds by squeezing them between your fingers. Be very careful not to apply too much pressure that you crush the seeds, apply just enough to split them slightly, and throw them in a wet paper towel that you have rinsed thoroughly an put them somewhere warm. In the future use something abrasive like fine grit sand paper or a match striker to score the outside of the seeds before you soak them.

Comment

homeless guy i had them soaking for longer too without problems. It's not all the time but sometimes there are seeds that react a little different and u see the difference. They sink to the bottom fast and look softened and darker after the soak. Imo the seeds had a crack or something before and therefore drown fast.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrownkush View Post
            Some of them have now opened up but not as many as I would have liked. I'll get a bag of soil and put them all in lil cups tomorrow, germ or no germ
            I think you'll find that by tomorrow the little root sprouts will be quite long. I do the paper towel method without fail, but like to pot the seeds as soon as the radicle appears.

I'm sure that the rest of your seeds will be cracked by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre del mont View Post

I think you'll find that by tomorrow the little root sprouts will be quite long. I do the paper towel method without fail, but like to pot the seeds as soon as the radicle appears.

I'm sure that the rest of your seeds will be cracked by tomorrow.
              You were right bro, planted a healthy number of each strain today in soil! Of course the most recently acquired seeds popped the hardest, so I'm correct that my storage methods were fucking with their health. I manually cracked and removed the shell on some so hopefully that ups my numbers.

Also my girlfriend opened up the window to our room at like midnight on the first night, so it was real nippy inside, I think that slowed them down even further. I forced her to accept the warmth last night lol I think that gave them the boost they needed. Two humans and two dogs put quite a few btu's into the air, that did it.

Comment

Thanks for all the informative posts fellas, I'm gonna get myself a little makeup fridge to keep my seed stash in going forward, and prevent my gf from letting the cold air in the room next time I'm popping seeds XD

Comment

Also my girlfriend opened up the window to our room at like midnight on the first night, so it was real nippy inside, I think that slowed them down even further. I forced her to accept the warmth last night lol I think that gave them the boost they needed. Two humans and two dogs put quite a few btu's into the air, that did it.
                  The CO2 will also help.

______________________________ __________________________
                  Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

You were right bro, planted a healthy number of each strain today in soil! Of course the most recently acquired seeds popped the hardest, so I'm correct that my storage methods were fucking with their health. I manually cracked and removed the shell on some so hopefully that ups my numbers.

Warmth is good in general, but a little cool won´t harm seeds when popping much. For example I popped mine in mid-feb and I often had a draft going through the flat to air the place up and my baby popped just fine. Think about it: mother nature doeesn´t keep perfect warm room temps either
                    Nice to hear yours turned out - just like we all said they would.

Comment

I've had seeds pop after a two day soak with tails, and recently have started tailed seeds in soil with nothing above ground for five days.

Have one seedling show, and just after five days getting second set of leaves, so slow, lol.

Seeds be doing their own thing, but I wonder how long till they show.
                      "So we're just done with phrasing, right, that's not a thing anymore?."

"He's like Jesus, just dumber and fatter, and holds the Bible upside down".

Comment

My best results come from just sticking them in. Any other process has offered no improvement. I might gain a day or two, but any such need just highlights bad planning.
                        Evolution has made the seed work without wet tissue or glasses of water. I don't want to spin them round. Break off fine root hairs, or change the state of the rhizosphere. Non of those actions are profitable.

Some have taken fucking around to a whole new level. Sterilising everything. Even bleaching the seeds. I know they are not exactly cheap, but good one's survive and bad ones are not a huge loss. Unless you pay $200 but in that case, fucking stop it. If you are daft enough to pay that, then they will all compete to make you pay that. Don't stand for stupid prices, unless it's proven to of just come from an Egyptian tomb, or was crapped out of a phoenix.

Comment

I got a pretty good amount of plants off of these after all. I definitely don't want to do the paper towel method again, idk why I jumped for that.

Comment

I have a black thumb when it comes to seeds. I have killed 100's of dollars worth of seeds. Some suggest sandpapering, or gently cracking. I only grow clones now.

Comment

Working...
                            X