What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero cloner methods

I’m having 70/30 success rate so whats the best to take a cutting and scoring the cutting? I’m thinking I score to much should I just cut at a 45 and cut the tip in 4s?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Clones are easy... 45 degrees cut and get them in a cup of water till your ready to fill the cloner.. I never split the stem or scrap the sides down.. 95 % like clockwork... issues in the cloner normally have to do with heat or solution imbalance maybe ph... but you really don’t have to butcher the stems... I use to cut my 45 in a plant with Ro and then scrape the sides... now I don’t bother

Mattbho

I use whatever pair of scissors is around wipe them off using my shirt and i get 90% .

whats happening to the 30% will they eventually root or are they dying or mushing out??

negative37dBA

Veteran
Healthy moms and clean equipment give me good results. I just cut at 45 no scoring. For the water here is what I use.
My exact recipe:
Clonex solution 10mls/gallon
Hormex 3-4 mls/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 mls/ gallon
Change on day 7 or 8 to
Clonex 15 ml/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 ml/ gallon
Drop the hormex
I use ro water. My ph comes out at 5.9. Water Temps between 72-75.
fetch?photoid=17476353.jpg

fetch?photoid=17476353.jpg

I will lose one here or there but for the most part its all good.
Have a great day all. Peace negative.

EcoNepenthe

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038170.jpg Views:	3 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	17835039 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038171.jpg Views:	2 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	17835040 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038172.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	17835041 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038173.jpg Views:	2 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	17835042 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038174.jpg Views:	2 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	17835043 5gal bucket, 12" plant tray, PVC, pump, misters...straight RO, on/15, off/15. Use plain scissors, cuttings dipped in Clonex( thus the purplish roots). 95% success rate. Yes, I do root several cuttings in one puck..why not. It works.
Just my approach. Cheers
Stay safe
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

BobChronic6505

Can someone tell me how the plants respond once they actually get potted in their final medium? Do they take to it right away or are they fucked up for the first cpl weeks?

negative37dBA

Veteran
When I move mine into the flood and drain they are good right away. Very little shock to the roots as they were in water to start and now they are just getting water again every 1:30 or so. Dirt may take a bit longer...its been so long since I grew in dirt or soiless...lol. I go water all the way.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

BobChronic6505

What do you all think of the bubbleponic cloners vs the misting cloners?
I have a small oxycloner and I think I get better results when the stems aren't submerged in the water. The bottoms of my pucks are wet so water has to be bubbling and misting?

Mattbho

Misting f t w only because it doesn't matter what size the clones are . When i used bubbles they had to be .25-.5 inch out of the water . Too high they get dry . Too low well you know ,mush .

methias

Can someone tell me how the plants respond once they actually get potted in their final medium? Do they take to it right away or are they fucked up for the first cpl weeks?

I used to kill most rooting clones transitioning from clone bucket to soil till I found these.
Now once rooting, 95% make it.
They allow your lady to get going before hitting the nutrients in my soil.

BTW econepenthy,
I'll be converting my bucket cloners lids to plant trays. Cool idea..
Thank you
Vape on kids

Attachments

• photo1932173.jpg
    photo1932173.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 67
  • photo1932172.jpg
    photo1932172.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 56
  • photo1932170.jpg
    photo1932170.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 62

methias

filedata/fetch?id=17835039&d=1618695952filedata/fetch?id=17835040&d=16186959525gal bucket, 12" plant tray, PVC, pump, misters...straight RO, on/15, off/15. Use plain scissors, cuttings dipped in Clonex( thus the purplish roots). 95% success rate. Yes, I do root several cuttings in one puck..why not. It works.
Just my approach. Cheers
Stay safe
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

I use almost the same setup with one difference.
Timing.
I run my pump for 6 seconds every 20 minutes.
I use sonoff wifi basic switches ($6.00 Amazon) for most of my lighting and such. For the clone bucket I set one to "inching" mode and set it to turn off six seconds after being switched on. Then I just set it's timer to turn on every twenty minutes, 24/7
For the water inside, I use about 10% clonex (diluted to mfgrs recommendation) and the rest tap water.
No PHing.

Thanks again for the plant tray idea.

Vape on kids

Maximus50

I use the Psycloner 35 and a low watt heating pad underneath. Mister on a timer 1/2hr on 1/2hr off. Low watt LED strip on 18hrs. 1 teaspoon of Green Gro-Green Aminos to 2 gal water. A squirt of hydrogen peroxide and in ten days to 2 weeks I have lush roots. I can’t remember the last time I had a failed clone.

Latest posts

Latest posts