What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bagged organic soil recommendations in the uk?

Blazeee

Veteran
DanTheReggaeFan Personally I think x4 50L pots might be abit oversized, I think you would do fine with 20/30L pots in your space.

Speaking of soil beds, a friend on here used one of these rather successfully for his soil bed. Might be worth checking out in the future.

Bloomroom Flexi-tray / reservoir

future_garden_bloomroom_flexi-mat_reservoir_catchment_tray_iso_800x800.jpg
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Veggia farmer

Thanks. Unfortunately I think I'll give the bed a miss this time, I'm only going to be mixing up about 200-250L of soil this time. When I'm in a better location than just a small flat tho I'll definitely be giving it a go

Well, you must see yourself. 40cm depth is what I run now, and would prefer in my case, organic and so on, but I did not start with so much soil at all! I have had beens shallow as 10-15cm with great results. Only need to water more and fertlize/topdress more. 120x120x10cm is 140 liters.

The soil I use now I have also used for 5 years. No changing just feed it and it improves. A lot too.

Yeah, Im advocate for organic beds lol

ive been using jacks magic in a coots style living soil mix with decent results
for my next mix ive ordered a bale of clover peat, is it good?
cant say i had a good experience with ecothrive soil but gotta say it was the previous version, the one in the black bag, i know they improved the recipe now..

Sunshineinabag

Hey guys I'm going to be starting a new grow soon and I want to go fully organic this time but I've only ever grown in coco before. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good premade organic soil I can find in the uk. Ideally I would have liked to make my own super soil but I live in a pretty small flat so don't really have the space for that.

My local hydro shop sells biobizz, canna terra and sohum living soil. I was originally planning on going with the sohum because they claim to be water only but I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews so I'm not too sure now especially as it costs 3 times as much as the others. Are there any other brands from a non hydro shop I should try?

I'd ideally like a soil I can feed with a tea once or twice a week and just plain water the rest of the time. That's actually one of the reasons I want to switch to organic because mixing up 5 different bottles every day was a pain in the ass as well as all the other benefits of organics.

Thanks for any suggestions

I'm jn new England....j could send u a stable Vermont organic medium with easy peasey feeding that equates to one cup fert feeding 20 quarts of medium spectacularly! Is it ok to send to UK ? Will customs be ok with it? I'll happily help ya

DanTheReggaeFan

I'm jn new England....j could send u a stable Vermont organic medium with easy peasey feeding that equates to one cup fert feeding 20 quarts of medium spectacularly! Is it ok to send to UK ? Will customs be ok with it? I'll happily help ya

Thanks man that would be awesome. I think customs would be alright but its just price that I think would be an issue. It would probably cost an arm and a leg to ship. How much would each bag cost and weigh and ill look into shipping costs.