No announcement yet.

Bloom!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 - 40 gallon. Some are solid. Some are fabric.

Comment

Gypsum, calcium sulfate, is another source of sulfur.

Dank Frank has a soil recipe that uses elemental sulfur if I’m not mistaken.
      Stoner4life we are thinking of you!

Comment

Do you ever use epsom salt for the magnesium and sulfur for boom? Or do you try to keep that away as so it doesn't build up in the soil?

Comment

I use landbeinite (sul-po-mag). In the mix/top-dressing and with all of the other inputs, there is always plenty.

I really like to just let the biology balance stuff out. If there is a diverse and steady feed of the bio, then I never see a deficiency.

Comment

It seems to me that when we try and force levels of certain nutes in organics, we cause trouble. Crab/lobster/shrimp/crawfish shells all bring in magnesium and calcium. Sulfur is all over the place with a diverse input feed. Worm bin gets measured amounts of citrus peels, onions skins/scraps, old organic yogurt, some bread scraps, cooked lefr over rice. The little buggers LOVE rice and pumkin. Pumpkin seeds are also a great add.

I avoid urea N sources when I can.

NPK - is misleading. That measures what is readily available.

Comment

Sorry for asking so many questions Azeotrope, id prefer to wonder what others do then to narrow mind my self and habits...

I have several worm bins my self that get almost everything from my food scrapes usually a good variety of inputs every week. I've actually never put rice, bread or citrus in my bins but many other fruits tho

i also grow organic and never try to push the plants to hard since the girls like it that way and it seems to usually produce healthy plants.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMan View Post
                Sorry for asking so many questions Azeotrope, id prefer to wonder what others do then to narrow mind my self and habits...

I have several worm bins my self that get almost everything from my food scrapes usually a good variety of inputs every week. I've actually never put rice, bread or citrus in my bins but many other fruits tho

i also grow organic and never try to push the plants to hard since the girls like it that way and it seems to usually produce healthy plants.

I love the questions. It makes me think through my process and read about others. Sounds like you have it dialed in. Think we have a similar take on what the girls like.

Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by mexweed View Post
                  insect frass, seabird guano, and fresh bananas aerated for 24 hours
                  Can the banana in this tea be substituted for palm tree ash ?

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMan View Post
                    Do you ever use epsom salt for the magnesium and sulfur for boom? Or do you try to keep that away as so it doesn't build up in the soil?
                    Epsom salt won’t stay in the soil. It’s a quick “fix” that doesn’t last.
                    It’s what happens when sulfur is added. The sulfur will unlock the magnesium that’s already in your soil making it available to the plant while helping to rid of any excess through the leaching process.
                    Of course all that’s overthinking it. Trying to control too much that doesn’t necessarily need to be controlled. Too much work.
                    “I'm in a constant process of thinking about things. ”
                    ― Richard Brautigan

Comment

Originally posted by Azeotrope View Post
                      I avoid urea N sources when I can.
                      what don't you like about Urea ?
                      Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

nftg

Comment

Working...
                        X