What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Local materials

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HYDRANGEAS MAY.jpg

LOCAL2.jpg

Attachments

• LOCAL2.jpg
    LOCAL2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 51
  • LOCAL2.jpg
    LOCAL2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 54

St. Phatty

I just need to water more.

We got 3 days of temps going near or above 100 F.

Plus I got corn seedlings in the sun, covered with wet sawdust. Watering that area right now.

I pulled something in my back 6 days ago, carrying water or something. Seems to have healed, finally, overnight.

Now I get to spend the whole morning carrying buckets of water.

It pisses me off to plant a baby fruit tree and then ignore it, to die in the heat. Got to protect my babies AND my investment.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I gave up on fruit trees. The only one I have that has survived is protected from the north blasting winds. A plum tree, all by it's lonesome.

5 gallon buckets with a tiny hole to slowly release the water are one way, but the buckets still need to be filled somehow.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
much to my chagrin the dandelion was yanked accidentally by my friend when weeding.
Click image for larger version  Name:	JALISCO GARDEN JUN 9 21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	17875377
Click image for larger version  Name:	POPPIES IN FRONT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	17875378

St. Phatty

much to my chagrin the dandelion was yanked accidentally by my friend when weeding.

I have one of those plants with the big green velvety leaves in the top middle part of the photograph.

I figure it's a weed but I thought I'd give it some Cannabis nutes. See if I can get it 5 feet tall.

Anybody know what it's called ?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have one of those plants with the big green velvety leaves in the top middle part of the photograph.

I figure it's a weed but I thought I'd give it some Cannabis nutes. See if I can get it 5 feet tall.

Anybody know what it's called ?

mullien

40degsouth

Hi CrustyCruz,
l guess l was drawing a pretty long bow with that statement and probably why one shouldn’t go “TUI”.....typing under the influence 😂😂
l do love the community though and I get exilerated and excited by the ability to communicate ideas and experiments along with anecdotal experience of growers much further advanced than myself and world leaders in their fields. I’ve learnt so much and am very thankful to everyone who has answered my questions and assisted in my learning.
l have been on other gardening websites but l do find it difficult these days to get excited about broccoli and biochar now that I’m into cation and anion exchanges.
IC has slowed down compared to what it was when l first started lurking but I’m sure, as with all things, it will come back around.
I’m wishing you and everyone, all the very best and if there’s any further learning or sites to check out post them up or PM me.
Cheers,

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CLASSIC SATIVA.jpg
This plant appears to me to exhibit classic sativa structure. Concur?
It is amazing to me that rooted cuttings from the same mother occasionally take on unique traits. A little mind boggling.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

40degsouth

Hey Microbeman, l really hope you’re well,
deffinately looks like a sat leaner to me. I’ve pondered, researched and experienced this very subject and have found different environmental expressions, of the same plant, intriguing and perplexing.
Excluding obvious factors like wind, rain, predation and sun, it wasn’t until l discovered that relative humidity had a direct correlation with bud density and in my experience can change the overall look of a plant that is genetically identical in flower. I also found out altitude has an effect on terpene and resin production which l found extremely interesting.
Cheers,

The blond peat and coco are cheap but the Canadian peat is way too expensive.
I'm assuming that I will need to add some lime to the peat seeing as the ph is around 4...
attached is a picture of the product

Fibric histosols are just fresher. Canada will be importing more blonde material once the right pocket is stuffed. 1/2 cup of lime per cubic foot will get you within growing range, then about another cup for some buffering.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I buffer peat moss with vermicompost/compost only. I don't encounter pH related issues. So far as I know the blonde peat moss is harvested shallow.