What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Fitzera,
Thanks for stopping by again!
I've quick dried a smaller bud in a food dehydrator and smoked it last night. Still tasted a bit "green" but full Zkittlez flavor and really strong too. a couple puffs had me lie down. nice positive buzz, but still has that weird, slightly stressy edge of uncured bud to it.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I said the GZ is hang drying by now, but I took a side small branch with some buds to quick dry and smoke it.
The trichomes would go a third up the fan leaves, really hard to decide what stays on and what has to go hehehe

Also snatched one from the SL

A little less sparkly than the GZ and also more leafy, but great aromas and bit more chunky than the GZ!

Fading nicely!

It's full on autumn in here now and the SL will be chopped in a few more days

cc

G

Love the colors on the GZ! Both girls look delicious. Was thinking of switching over to 11/13 in my room for the last week or two, also. Not sure if it's as necessary with indica leaners so much, but I do love me some amber trichomes!

Peace
DM

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks exploziv and Dopey,
I find going down to 11/13 brings out/adds different expressions... I try to give it the last two to three weeks.
Obviously withe these strains I have no idea if there's a difference, but it has very much been the case with previous grows.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
final update

final update

A last update on this round.
Harvested today.

The GZ is jarred by now and relatively stable at 65%.
Might need to burp it one or two more times...

Def. not a big yielder, but is quite tasty. Might be 15g in the jar, not more.

Funny that has lost most of the Zkittlez flavours and taken on a quite tasty dairy/icecream/ sponge cake flavour (??)

And the resin is fully dry, not sticky at all anymore.
Which should make for some nice dry sift. You just have to shake the dry buds a bit and they dry trichs come raining down, so I'm handling them extra carefully.

CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone,
Sorry for the long silence but as some of you might know I'm moving house and now I'm stuck again abroad due to the pandemic oh man!
Back with some news asap and of course setting up a new tent first thing!

Cheers,

CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back at it and Deep Blumats

Back at it and Deep Blumats

Hi all,
Back at it and have been for a while.
In a far away country hahaha.
It's easy to stop smoking weed, but impossible to stop growing.

I have two small tents running full of accidental crosses from seed between my Sour Blueberry and Blueberry.

Here we go, both tents are two weeks into 12/12:

One tent is under my old Mars Hydro Reflektor unit (400w I think?):

The other one under two Mars TS1000s for a combined wattage of roughly 300w..
This is a crazy intense light, but Ca and Mg need to be supplemented excessively, plants were in constant deficit the first weeks.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DoSiDos and Deep Blumats

DoSiDos and Deep Blumats

Here are some DoSiDos clones I was gifted by a very honourable gentleman in the UK.

I've been talking on here and in the Blumat threads about my "Deep Blumats"
Thought I'd show you some pics.
Basically it's a simple extension of the regular blumat system but the drip does not hit the soil but goes into a plastic tube straight to the center of the pot.

This way you always get an even saturation all the way to the edges and the bottom of the medium even in bigger pots.

Take care and stay fine you all!
CC

bleepboop

The drip extension is a boss idea. What size pots is that on? I veg/sex in the 3L airpots & one dripper moving up to 9L and 2 drippers.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I bet you wouldn't need a transplant, if you dial the soil humidity very well when plant is little you could start it in the big pot. Anyway, you got great results with a system so simple and cheap. That's great!

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Works quite well...These are 3gal/12L pots. One blumat/dripper each.
It helps keep dripline numbers in check as only one carrot per pot.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right exploziv, it works. I normally, over the course of a grow, adjust the blumat valves individually to create dryer or wetter pots as per individual plant.
I do it in half-markings and sometimes the factory recommended setting gives you pots that are a little too wet for some plants.
I'll try it next time... transplant clones into 12L/3gal pots and close blumat valves 4 markings instead of 3 for less moisture!
Best
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I congratulate you on that, me being the pothead that I am I would for sure fuck it up. That is why I prefer all plants to be around same humidity level, and I want to be able to check it when I want to.
Also, there is not much patience left in me to set and check and set again and sometimes I forget about plants for a period of weeks (well except when I got a thread and I know I need to update it) so they need to be able to take care of themselves for weeks if needed.
So blumats are not for me. But I am happy to see you made them work for you!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To each their own I guess?
I'm just trying to eliminate the biggest source of error from the equation, me ;-)
CC

Fitzera

"Eliminate the biggest source of error".....and I still over think blumats and fuck up lol I need to grab a moisture meter

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to post an update but took me until this exact minute to locate this thread! And no ideas where my other threads are and everything seems to be backwards oldest is newest and so on.
Probably me being the error in front of the screen but I can't find anything on here now. bear with me...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Some things are displayed in the wrong order, but for most of them you got options in your account to change display order. I know I found them and managed to get some of them to display properly.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah exploziv, I'm slowly finding my way around. Have hunted down all my old threads and subscribed to them myself in order to find them easier in the future.
Will post an update on the grow asap, the ladies are taking off although I've never managed to completely get rid of the Ca and Mg deficiencies from the beginning despite unholy amounts of CalMag.
Both tents display the same deficiencies but they're much more pronounced under the new and way more intense TS1000.
Back asap!
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone,
long overdue corona update...
Have not been idling for long, here's what's growing on right now in my garden:
I can't seem to be able to write any text under the respective pics so will try in chronological order.

First pic is a 120cmX60cm (4'x2') with two Mars T1000s in it
Strain is a cross between Blueberry and Sour Blueberry and the four plants on the left had a BB mom and the four on the right had a SB mom.

Second pic is lot's of cuts from the phenos that came out of this cross in their first little pots after rooting. Also some DoSiDos I was gifted, also rooting. Behind it is my "humidome" which is basically just a large semi transparent storage pox whihc allows me to root larger cuttings.

Third pic is a Blueberry from another tent (same crosses as in the first one, but diff. phenos)

Fourth pic is a bunch of DoSiDos who were just flipped to 12/12. They had a bit of a Thrips breakout but I got it under control with pyrethrum and rapeseed oil.

Fifth is the second tent with the second batch of Blueberry X Sour Blueberry and Sour Blueberry X Blueberry.

Hope you're all good, stay safe
CC

Attachments

• photo2033573.jpg
    photo2033573.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2033574.jpg
    photo2033574.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2033575.jpg
    photo2033575.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 23